Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Raid:
    I wouldn't say there is a preferred class for the very 1st part, all 6 abilities are handy in different ways, essentially it's just a kill zone so if you can stay together and kill thralls and revive each other it's not so bad.

For the 2nd part we had 3 Sunsingers and 3 Defenders, 1 of each on each area, with the Warlocks taking the sword across the bridge one at a time. We only got as far as having 3 get across the bridge before we had to call it a night.

It took the bones of and hour just to understand the mechanics of what was happening in that 2nd part and another while to develop a strategy for it.

Dunno if i'll be online tonight to continue it as I might have to give the missus some attention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I call this the telemetry dance.

But is it as good as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Raid:
    I wouldn't say there is a preferred class for the very 1st part, all 6 abilities are handy in different ways, essentially it's just a kill zone so if you can stay together and kill thralls and revive each other it's not so bad.

For the 2nd part we had 3 Sunsingers and 3 Defenders, 1 of each on each area, with the Warlocks taking the sword across the bridge one at a time. We only got as far as having 3 get across the bridge before we had to call it a night.

It took the bones of and hour just to understand the mechanics of what was happening in that 2nd part and another while to develop a strategy for it.

Dunno if i'll be online tonight to continue it as I might have to give the missus some attention

1st Part
    "Hole" go left "Hole" Go Right was being screamed the whole way through. We had
    two defenders with Armour of Light. You definately need at least one. Hunters
    kept spamming orbs & shields were up more or less 100%

2nd Part
    The guys worked out what was going on. I just spent all the time
    defending the left spike. Got pretty good at that but haven't been across
    the bridge yet. Fortunately I've plenty of unemployed/foreign team mates who
    will be higher than lvl 30 for tonight :)
    Why sunsingers ? Revive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

But is it as good as this?

Ah, in work so cant watch a video. Can you give me a quick explanation?

Edit: lol, never mind. Just checked that on the phone, Youtube is blocked here so all I saw was a blank space :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Why sunsingers ? Revive?
    Yes + Spamming Solar AOE Grenades, if I had known the routes better I could have literally created a path of 8 grenades between each Lamp/Light, Thralls etc will not voluntarily move into an AOE grenade

For the 2nd part, if you send the sun singers over 1st, instead of just hiding or killing responding mobs after they down the gatekeeper, actually let the enemies kill u on the other side in a central kind of area (just outside the "bridge circle") and then wait for the next Warlock to come up, if they DON'T kill the gatekeeper, you can self res and get up, grab the sword and finish him, then they in turn can stay down and not use self res yet and do it for the 3rd warlock.

Kind of hard to explain, but your essentially staying down and waiting to use self res until absolutely necessary by biding your time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Really tempting to read up on the raid......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh but porphy, it wasn't from the nightfall at all just a bog standard legendary engram :p

oh god...thanks, that makes me feel so much better... :S

Well at least I live in hope that one day, a legendary drop will not turn into shards... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yes + Spamming Solar AOE Grenades, if I had known the routes better I could have literally created a path of 8 grenades between each Lamp/Light, Thralls etc will not voluntarily move into an AOE grenade

For the 2nd part, if you send the sun singers over 1st, instead of just hiding or killing responding mobs after they down the gatekeeper, actually let the enemies kill u on the other side in a central kind of area (just outside the "bridge circle") and then wait for the next Warlock to come up, if they DON'T kill the gatekeeper, you can self res and get up, grab the sword and finish him, then they in turn can stay down and not use self res yet and do it for the 3rd warlock.

Kind of hard to explain, but your essentially staying down and waiting to use self res until absolutely necessary by biding your time
    I read an interesting alternate tactic, where this is switched around. Basically 3 sunsingers on the 1st side, and when 3 get across, then the 3 sunsingers, kill themselves, and then the ogre spawns, and then they revive themselves and help using snipers from across the way. Can probably use the platforms you can jump on to snipe from. Could also potentially use just one sun singer, with revive, who can revive the others after using self revive, but the other side guys will be without sniper support for a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cdb wrote: »
    What is the best way to use weapon telemetries?

Completed one of the new bounties yesterday and got a fusion telemetry as a reward. Is it just a case of activating it and racking up kills or would you get maximum gain by cashing in multiple bounties?

Finish 10 5000xp bounties, have the nightfall done then activate the telemetry then go kill stuff for the remainder of the time.

5000xp X 10 bounties X 1,25 Nightfall bonus X 1.5 Telemetry bonus = 93750 XP

I'm not sure the Nightfall and Telemetry bonus are as above but gives you an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Finish 10 5000xp bounties, have the nightfall done then activate the telemetry then go kill stuff for the remainder of the time.

I'm not sure the Nightfall and Telemetry bonus are as above but gives you an idea.

Cheers, I want to purchase the new chest armor that the crucible vendor is selling but need to earn a few more points, rank up and get a commendation first which means racking up the bounties.

Will give this a go when they're ready to be cashed in. Not the end of the world missing out on a few fusion rifle upgrades but then again if there is a smarter way to do it then why not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Do it during your daily as well so your daily XP will apply across everything.

Do it during your daily as well so your daily XP will apply across everything.

Yea I'd usually turn in the bounties pick up a few extras then run the daily if its a short one and get the xp that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Benzino got it in a Nightfall drop, we went and did the exclusive PS4 (level 20, never gonna be a weekly/nightfall, content-less, context-less, walk up so stairs & kill a hydra, surprised if I ever play it a 2nd time) strike for the laugh, pretty sure we had it finished by the time he reloaded a 2nd time :pac:

Pretty much had to take out some gunpowder and a shimmy it not the barrell.

Haha, the reload time is ridiculous. There is a perk to reload faster, but I'm not sure if that will only reduce the time it takes to change mag, or the time between shots.

I recorded the first time using it, probably an entertaining watch haha.

RAID
    Crota himself is Level 32 and even the 1st clan to finish it needed a level 31 to beat that point. Apparently it is nigh on impossible with 6x30s, might just put the raid on the back foot for a few days and see if I can hit 31 by the weekend

RAID
    Crota himself is Level 32 and even the 1st clan to finish it needed a level 31 to beat that point. Apparently it is nigh on impossible with 6x30s, might just put the raid on the back foot for a few days and see if I can hit 31 by the weekend
    Really? Well, I can probably manage 31 for the weekend, have 2 pieces of vanguard armour, and enough to buy the chest, and a commendation. Will have to get a crucible commendation, and can buy a helmet from one of the faction vendors, as I am not sure I will have enough marks to get the vanguard helmet after the weekly limit. If Xur has a warlock exotic helmet upgrades (or one of the new DLC ones) on Friday, may go for that.

Have more than enough shards etc. Will have to work on upgrading the the new legendaries I have as well. Just need a heavy now.

BTW, does anyone know if you get a crucible commendation for leveling a faction?

More Raid Info and Spoilers (including a possible cheese for the 1st area)

I think I'm gonna leave this until Xur appears on Friday and I can see what way my armour falls:

Got a 33 Light DLC Chest Piece from an engram from the Nightfall
    I have 400 marks
    I have a commendation already
    I have 4 exotic warlock armours (2 leveled chest+arms, 2 unleveled helm+chest)

So once I know what Exotic I can re-roll, I can just buy whatever else I'm missing, even if that means spending 270 Marks (possible max), It doesn't bother me too much as I almost ALWAYS hit the 100 weekly Crucible cap and usually get around 60+ VG Marks a week too so I won't have to wait to replenish those.

Also I want to have a 332/323 Damage Weapon ready to rock when I re-try, Timurs Lash is great but my one is only 280 damage, I want to use a hand cannon but I never levelled The Last Word or Thorn (I was planning to until last weeks announcement),

So if you see me online for like 20 hours banging XP into my armour and re-rolled exotics, feel free to drop by and say hello :pac:

Cheese 1st area:

General Advice for Raid:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Ive ran out of shards already from re-rolling my gear.

I get some what excited to lvl my gear, really enjoy doing the mind-numbing patrols and stuff when I'm lvling my gear, feel like there is a purpose to it.

Any one interested in VoG(Normal/hard) during the week to bounce up on Shards?

Let me know and ping me on this or XB1 chat - BeanBagJohnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok so after all my giving out I said sure I might as well go do those "...of crota" quests/bounties there is bound be something cool in reward, like for doing the story missions. I got
    a stupid bloody cloak
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

calex71 wrote: »
    Ok so after all my giving out I said sure I might as well go do those "...of crota" quests/bounties there is bound be something cool in reward, like for doing the story missions. I got
    a stupid bloody cloak

was it a hustlers cloak? I reckon I've found about 20 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

calex71 wrote: »
    a stupid bloody cloak

Keep it, one of the bounties today requires one of Eris' class items.
    Joke from the new strike
    The Traveller with its dying breath created the Ghosts................ to open doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Might be on around 10. Any1 fancy VoG?

Sure, if I am on, will give a go.

Not tonight I'd say, gonna try and help a mate hit 27, get my alt hunter to 27 (gonna grind me some crucible) and take him and any other 27s through it sometime (maybe at the weekend), should be some laugh doing it with 27s and new people alike (maybe get murphebass in on the action).

Will probably run it on Hard with my main warlock at the weekend too (just to try for Arc Primary and Vex Myth)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Yeah I wouldn't mind giving it a go again. Might get some decent gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Not tonight I'd say, gonna try and help a mate hit 27, get my alt hunter to 27 (gonna grind me some crucible) and take him and any other 27s through it sometime (maybe at the weekend), should be some laugh doing it with 27s and new people alike (maybe get murphebass in on the action).

Will probably run it on Hard with my main warlock at the weekend too (just to try for Arc Primary and Vex Myth)

I might be playing some Crucible tonight myself. I might try to join up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I've a mate looking to run VOG at level 27 as well. Never done it before. Be interested in jumping in with you guys but Friday is the only night we could do it. 12 pubs on Sat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The hunter's cloak from Eris is possibly the worst looking cloak in the whole game. Cramping my style!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Thanks for the games lads. I got a legendary scout rifle in one of the games. Delighted at that!

What were playing though strikes yeah?

Edit... Looked them up on the destiny app. Loved the first map which I'm assuming is a new one as I've never played it before.

I had to go at the end to feed the baby.

So we started the new raid for a quick run and managed clear the first section. Man was it fun :) I got lost and ended up at the start again four of the other guys got lost somewhere but managed to clear the section and I got the gloves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So we started the new raid for a quick run and managed clear the first section. Man was it fun :) I got lost and ended up at the start again four of the other guys got lost somewhere but managed to clear the section and I got the gloves :)

I still havent done the first part but I have been messing with the bridge part and oh man... is no fun I tell you that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement