Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    Agreed, if you have both, AE is better against oracles than VoC, took about an hour for me to realise that last night

Not a chance :pac:

Not sure about VoC

I takes one full AE mag (maybe a bit over 1) to kill an oracle and only half to kill one with the VoC.

Again guys, if you dont have Corrective Measure use Praetorian Foil! its a beast against the oracles, you can take all of them on your own providing you have sufficient ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Epilogue is the weapon of choice, a lvl 30 can take all the oracles solo with it.

Not a chance :pac:

You can solo them with a fully upgraded epilogue, but you p**s through ammo. Stick on field scout for the extra 19 rounds in the mag as the oracles are such a big target that stability isn't an issue and two auto rifle ammo buffs from armour so you can hold 1000 rounds. Still going to need around 350-400 rounds per run to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You can solo them with a fully upgraded epilogue, but you p**s through ammo. Stick on field scout for the extra 19 rounds in the mag as the oracles are such a big target that stability isn't an issue and two auto rifle ammo buffs from armour so you can hold 1000 rounds. Still going to need around 350-400 rounds per run to do it though.

Ammo is my 3rd biggest problem after glitches and generally being s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So with the Public events no longer giving mail packages, what are the avenues to acquiring Ascendant materials, especially energy. I know it can drop after a public event, but beyond that and the Nightfall/ Weekly, what else is there? The Raid drops some but that's not a solo event.

^ Daily missions still give them no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Just grabbed the oracle checkpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Public Events no longer giving you Ascendant material is a very bad change. What is the incentive now to get involved? If I see one know I just won't bother.

This game needs more to do, not less

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »

Good man Bag. Normal or hard mode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Good man Bag. Normal or hard mode ?

Hard mode

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,199 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Run at hard on Xbox later so lads? I have my mic back now, I will miss communicating through the medium of dance and blowing myself up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Excuse my ignorance, but changes have they made to make the Raid harder? (besides the templar fix).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

thebag89 wrote: »

Good lad bag!!!! :)

Happy days

I am sorry but I am yet to see a level 30 soloing the oracles with an epilogue, you might be able to take out the first three but the last ones will be very hard to do, as I said, I am happy to prove me wrong but it is no longer the fact that you will run through ammo quickly but that you just can't take them quickly enough, 2 mags per oracle, the last 3 appear quicker than the first ones so you just will not make it... but I am happy to prove me wrong. I am not saying it is not possible to do, I am saying it is almost impossible to do it. I must try it myself, I have never been in that situation so I can't say 100% you can't, maybe tonight I will! :S

I have asked so many times, "you ok in there lads, do you need us to come in and help" and they will reply, yeah I am ok, and 10 seconds later they all succumb to the oracles...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Run at hard on Xbox later so lads? I have my mic back now, I will miss communicating through the medium of dance and blowing myself up though.

Now what am I to say ? It was always Mikey dance if you are going right gate. Now what will we do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Any one up for Raid tonight around 10?

Got the Thorn bounty last night, not looking forward to the Crucible aspect. Still have Pocket Infinity to finish off also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm up for raid at 10. Be watching football until around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Word on reddit is there's a new public event that happens on both the earth and moon involving the sword of crota.

Noticed a lot of Sword of Crota's lying about random places on the Nightfall this weekend & hadn't seen them before. They were also in several bounty missions in the Hive.

Any one up for Raid tonight around 10?

Got the Thorn bounty last night, not looking forward to the Crucible aspect. Still have Pocket Infinity to finish off also.

I've had this for ages. Don't really play Crucible and had it up to 200/500. Played IB without void damage and it was soon 0/500. When I noticed this I briefly lost the will to live.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've had this for ages. Don't really play Crucible and had it up to 200/500. Played IB without void damage and it was soon 0/500. When I noticed this I briefly lost the will to live.

The only weapons I have with Void are a shotgun (Invisible Hand M7) and Praedyths Revenge. Fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Noticed a lot of Sword of Crota's lying about random places on the Nightfall this weekend & hadn't seen them before. They were also in several bounty missions in the Hive.

Yeah new incoming mission where the public event walker spawns in cosmodrome now too. "The Blades of Crota are incoming". A level 6 Knight major spawns in with the sword and a few Acolytes. You can pick up and use the sword when the knight has been killed.

The only weapons I have with Void are a shotgun (Invisible Hand M7) and Praedyths Revenge. Fun times ahead.

Buy one for Marks maybe?

• Advertisement

Buy one for Marks maybe?

Don't think void is that easy to come by.

I now have an Aetheon - is that any good in the crucible? I do have a Light Beware, which I found pretty handy and a Comedian, which was good too.
    Corrective Measures was awesome in IB when I could get ammo for it. :D

Don't think void is that easy to come by.

I now have an Aetheon - is that any good in the crucible? I do have a Light Beware, which I found pretty handy and a Comedian, which was good too.
    Corrective Measures was awesome in IB when I could get ammo for it. :D

Atheons Epiloge is pretty weak in PvP but it's fast rate of fire and stability can give you the jump on some players. I used it for about 50 games and generally came out ok.

You're really gonna need to got with a Void heavy though.... camp and hide until the Heavy Ammo at 09:00 and 5:50 time remaining... if you have a Warlock it's an easy bounty IMHO (baring in mind I like PvP and I'm pretty good at it), with a Titan at least you have Void Grenades.... with a Hunter.... well... you can always do other Exotic bounties :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I now have an Aetheon - is that any good in the crucible?

Make sure to get the stability perk first, and then it will be useful.

Obviously hunters are the Gods of PVP, but for those of you that have run Titan and Warlock in crucible, do you find that the Warlock is a bit more squishy? I levelled a Warlock and I'm not enjoying it in PVP as much as my Titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hunters are most definitely not the gods of PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

AdamD wrote: »

They do have the most annoying move in the arc blade dance thing though.

Cant stand seeing them coming with it. F all you can do about it.

Well, F all I can do. I'm not very good. :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Meh, its not easy to use. Warlock's have the Nova bomb which is just a panic easy kill button.

I love my Hulk Smash super.

Obviously hunters are the Gods of PVP, but for those of you that have run Titan and Warlock in crucible, do you find that the Warlock is a bit more squishy? I levelled a Warlock and I'm not enjoying it in PVP as much as my Titan.

You really gotta pick you subclass perks, weapon perks and armour perks well.

Self Revive + 7 AOE Grenades on Control Point B anyone? :pac:

Have a look at my subclass tree if you so wish
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018432202852/2305843009216633385#gear

I use Iron Banner gloves (buff to Auto Rifle reload speed), Raid Boots (carry 4 rockets instead of 2), Heart of Praxix Fire Chest and Raid Helm (see grenade comment).

Marry that with a levelled Truth and my 3rd re-rolled Shadow Price with some PvP buffs (greater range and accuracy, better scope, better accuracy over time etc) and you're onto a winner.

I would equate playing a well specced warlock in the Crucible as someone who has studied Magic the Gathering and come up with the perfect deck. Using a Hunter is like using a pack of Match Attax Football cards

:pac:

While my KTD ratio is nothing to write home about, I average 2,710 points per game.

It's still a support class, blocking doors with grenades so you can secure a control point is not quite the same as stabbing 5 lads consecutively and grabbing the control point yourself :)

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Something like 40 of the top 50 PVP players are hunters. Lots of their perks suit the game mode.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement