Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

A group of us here tried to finish off the HM Raid before the reset. We were starting from the Gatekeeper and after an hour and a half that is where we still were. I had to leave at that point so I don't know how it ended. It was quite late at that stage though.

I think I'll go back to the normal Raid this week. I can be guaranteed to finish that one, and who knows maybe the chestplate will drop this week.

Probably us !

We made it through the gatekeeper - but I had to leave at about 12:40 myself and we were still trying to get through Atheon. It was super laggy though - sometime it would take ages to register oracles kill, but not always... plus the chat wasn't good.

I got massively lucky, as the chessplate i was looking for dropped, but i would have loved to finish it.
    Gonna upgrade to L30 before my next attempt though.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Nexus with Solar damage guys. We've waited and now we've got it :)

VoC, Icebreaker and Hezen Vegence here I come :)

Class !

I have never managed the cheese spot jump though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Class !

I have never managed the cheese spot jump though.

Wrong cheese spot.

All 3 can stay in the tunnel above the nexus. A Preatorion spawns behind you a good bit but as long as someone is keeping an eye out for it and calls it when it comes it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wrong cheese spot.

All 3 can stay in the tunnel above the nexus. A Preatorion spawns behind you a good bit but as long as someone is keeping an eye out for it and calls it when it comes it is fine.

I like to jump down and over to the left. Nice and easy to shoot the Nexus. Might stay up top tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Nexus with Solar damage guys. We've waited and now we've got it :)

VoC, Icebreaker and Hezen Vegence here I come :)

I am going to go with Vex, Praetorian Foil and Hezen :)

Will you join us later then? I will be home at around 4pm

Vex goblins are going to be a pain.. they have fire weapons if I remember correctly, but I think I will be able to solo this one easy enough and then ice breaker the nexus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Probably us !

We made it through the gatekeeper - but I had to leave at about 12:40 myself and we were still trying to get through Atheon. It was super laggy though - sometime it would take ages to register oracles kill, but not always... plus the chat wasn't good.

I got massively lucky, as the chessplate i was looking for dropped, but i would have loved to finish it.
    Gonna upgrade to L30 before my next attempt though.

What is your PSN ID?

gtroni

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am going to go with Vex, Praetorian Foil and Hezen :)

Will you join us later then? I will be home at around 4pm

Vex goblins are going to be a pain.. they have fire weapons if I remember correctly, but I think I will be able to solo this one easy enough and then ice breaker the nexus!

Yup on around 7. Will need to do two nightfalls and two weeklys this week :( the pressure of having two 30 characters :)

Yup on around 7. Will need to do two nightfalls and two weeklys this week :( the pressure of having two 30 characters :)

3 for me - one level 30 titan - another titan that is level 29 on his own but can be swapped up to level 30 and then a level 29 hunter!

Comes in handy for strange coins though, and they are going to become very important with exotic shards being needed for the exotic weapons and armour.

3 nightfall and 3 weekly here as well ... and probably 2 normal raid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They've been promising to fix the farming aspect for a while now, I wonder with the DLC coming out are we due a new update that will give you more options for finding materials?

Wow, Called it :)

Have to say - I'm delighted with this update, you can earn enough upgrade materials for 1 upgrade through doing the Daily strike. That's perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wow, Called it :)

Have to say - I'm delighted with this update, you can earn enough upgrade materials for 1 upgrade through doing the Daily strike. That's perfect!

I havent logged on to Destiny in a couple of days and didnt hear the news.

How did they fix the farming??

Does this mean an end to my eternal quest for spirit bloom?! :eek:

I know what you mean, I am not going to do them all in one day though, I will run nightfalls, weeklys and hard raid on different days on all my 3 different characters.

Loving the update btw, can't wait to kill the templar the proper way, must youtube it to find out whats the best strategy...

I will be up to 150 strange coins this friday, I will be buying a few of those energy thingies from XuR as soon as I can

Only bad thing is that I had my last word almost fully maxed out (loving it again btw) and I only needed a few more XP to max it out (which meant only 6 energies) and now I need to spend 7 strange coins on a new ascendant energy whatever is called

I still have a few exotics to upgrade, next one to upgrade will be Suros and Thunderlord

I havent logged on to Destiny in a couple of days and didnt hear the news.

How did they fix the farming??

Does this mean an end to my eternal quest for spirit bloom?! :eek:
    You can buy 20 mats for 10 vanguard or crucible marks. You also get location relevant mats for completing the dailies, weeklies and maybe nightfall, as well as for completing the patrol bounty each day.

Bohrio wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I am not going to do them all in one day though, I will run nightfalls, weeklys and hard raid on different days on all my 3 different characters.

Loving the update btw, can't wait to kill the templar the proper way, must youtube it to find out whats the best strategy...

I will be up to 150 strange coins this friday, I will be buying a few of those energy thingies from XuR as soon as I can

Only bad thing is that I had my last word almost fully maxed out (loving it again btw) and I only needed a few more XP to max it out (which meant only 6 energies) and now I need to spend 7 strange coins on a new ascendant energy whatever is called

I still have a few exotics to upgrade, next one to upgrade will be Suros and Thunderlord
    The way the team I was on did the templar was to ALL head over to the right of the map and camp there. Stay out of his line of sight when his shield is up and deal with the spawns as they come. If he spawns over beside you (he does, occasionally) you retreat to the cave on the back right of the map where the enemies spawn from until you can take his shield down again.

You do miss oracles doing it this way, and it is nigh on impossible to stop him from teleporting - but given all 6 players will be close together it is easy enough to cleanse and orb drops should be fairly plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

All 3 can stay in the tunnel above the nexus.

Does the Nexus actually spawn if all 3 of you stay up there, I distinctly remember running a level 24 strike wit ha buddy back in the day and punching the 3rd guy off so he fell down there.

Jumped on to help a few of the lads who were stuck on the Gatekeeper last night on Hard Raid.... got in about 10.... went to bed about 01.30, Atheon still not dead, Overall game lag and glitches were killing us more than the enemies.
    Teleporting 3 of us when there were only 4 alive is a f**king joke.

After spending 6 days farming 700 materials, I'm not even gonna comment on the patch, expect to say..... all y'all that never beat the Templar pre-cheese discovery are screwed :P

Also your exotic weapons are fake exotics, my Truth is a real exotic, upgraded with Shards :D

Cormac... wrote: »
    Does the Nexus actually spawn if all 3 of you stay up there, I distinctly remember running a level 24 strike wit ha buddy back in the day and punching the 3rd guy off so he fell down there.

The main problem is, if you decide to stay in the tunnel, that a praetorian will spawn at the entrance of the tunnel and could easily wipe everyone out. Also, the nexus can easily get you as well, but as this week there's no void burn you should be ok as long as at least one of you is keeping an eye for the praetorian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Templer non-cheese method is as Mitch described above. It's just as quick and not that hard.

Was quite pleased with the patch notes and then I read they nerfed the Suros. Nerfed the Suros???? Can't believe they actually buffed the Plan C and didn't touch the universal remote. Really is impossible to please everyone.

All I really care about now is getting my two alt characters to 30 and how this is going to be achievable.

Jumped on to help a few of the lads who were stuck on the Gatekeeper last night on Hard Raid.... got in about 10.... went to bed about 01.30, Atheon still not dead, Overall game lag and glitches were killing us more than the enemies.
    Teleporting 3 of us when there were only 4 alive is a f**king joke.

After spending 6 days farming 700 materials, I'm not even gonna comment on the patch, expect to say..... all y'all that never beat the Templar pre-cheese discovery are screwed :P

Also your exotic weapons are fake exotics, my Truth is a real exotic, upgraded with Shards :D
    Have to say, when I read the patch notes yesterday I did immediately think of all your recent 'Farming Mats in XXX' messages on PSN over the last week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You can buy 20 mats for 10 vanguard or crucible marks. You also get location relevant mats for completing the dailies, weeklies and maybe nightfall, as well as for completing the patrol bounty each day.

This really is fantastic news for someone like me who doesnt like farming.

I can now keep playing crucible in particular which is what I love playing cause I dont have to commit to an hour or two of gaming and of course strikes when I do have the time to commit and level up by buying all the materials I need. About time Bungie!

All of that said its a bit unfair on all of those who spent an hours and hours farming to get their level up.

I might be up to level 28 now quicker than I thought which is when I'd feel comfortable joining in with ye on a raid. Hopefully in the coming weeks. :)

• Advertisement

So..... having run the Hard Raid pre-patch and post-patch (you made it worse Bungie, you made it worse!!!!) here's a couple tips for taking down Atheon that everyone was discussing last night:

1) Warlock - Sunsinger, Titan - Defender, Hunter - Gunslinger.
    2) If you're running it with anything less than 5 lvl30s, watch to see if 2 or more of the 29s get teleported. If so, you need a 4th to run in the gate to help with Oracles, seeing as the resident 30 will take the relic, killing Oracles on Hard as a 29 is extremely tough
    3) Make sure you have a fully upgrade anti-Oracle raid weapon (VoC, AE, CM, PR), if you need to do 90 mins of farming to get it to 300, do it and run the Raid later in the week if needs must
    4) Once the mobs are killed on Mars/Venus, stay slightly behind the Relic Holder, Walk at a steady pace, you should only have killed the 2nd Oracle by the time you get your 1st cleanse so stay close, the Relic holder can use Radar to see how close he is respective to you, but we have way too many problems with people not being cleansed as they are too far apart
    5) "Times Vengence" Relic Holder - just pop the bubble straight away, there's enough confusion going on and supplicants shooting everyone that the sooner everyone is shielded and in position the better, don't bother trying to get 1 Super Shot at Atheon, it's not worth the risk
    6) Goes without saying but ensure you stand Behind the relic holder, being in the bubble does not guarantee safety. Not beside him, behind him
    7) Don't use Rocket Launchers or Grenades during "Times Vengence", they do not deal enough damage to be effective and you're only opening a world or problems by attempting using them, you have a fully upgrade Ghallahorn? Great! Personally I'd rather see you inside the bubble using 2 clips of 300 weaponry.
    8) If you have Raid Armour, equip it and choose the buff to generate Super Energy when Oracles are killed, even if this means having a 2nd armour load out (Iron Banner and Raid)
    9) When you're the Relic Holder can generally use the super to pretty much kill 1 Oracle, provided you have Raid Armour buffs, this should be charged around the 4th Oracle.... DO NOT SHOOT the Oracle the other 2 guys are shooting as by the time your hit lands, it will be dead anyway, think and plan ahead and aim at the NEXT Oracle (usually the 2nd or 3rd last one, I normally)
    10) "VENUS!!!", non-Relic Guardians, throw grenades at the Minotaur BUT be careful NOT to hit the Hobgolbins as you'll trigger their shield and negate the Relic Holders ground-pound.
    11) Relic Holder during "Times Vengeance", when you pop the bubble in the centre platform, ensure your targeting reticule is aimed at Atheon so you can see his health bar, he can damage/kill Guardians otherwise.
    12) Also the "Times Vengeance" countdown does not always appear on all players screens so Relic Holder, it's your job to start giving a warning around 8 seconds, 5 seconds, and yelling "get out!" etc at 2 and 3 seconds if required
    13) Atheon shoots the bubble in Bursts, 1 second gaps, shoot-gap-shoot-gap-shoot. The Relic Holder needs to watch for this, dropping the bubble at 0 seconds or just waiting to lose the relic is bad strategy. You need to drop the bubble just after the last wave of 5 rounds hits (this can be at 0:01 or 0:02 depending on how his shots go. After you take that last hit, drop the bubble. Anyone who is still on the platform at 0:01 and goes down in a hail of "what happened there?" and so forth has no-one to blame but themselves (this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just something I've noticed over the last 8 or so Raid Runs). "Get Out" at 0:03 means exactly that, I don't care if you have 12 LMG rounds about to connect, better safe and another run than risk it
    14) Titan? Pop a blessings of Light bubble at the Back of the centre platform, not the middle, there needs to be room for 6 guardians between the front of your bubble and behind the Relic Holder and some of us have started into the Fallen Mince Pies earlier this year.
    15) Don't Panic when jumping off the centre platforms, take 1 second and ensure you're not jumping at Supplicants, look where you're jumping, don't strafe shoot while trying to get a last few cheeky shots at Atheon.
    16) When you're leaving Mars Venus, WALK through the gate, don't run and don't crawl, a normal walking pace, while still buggy, is at least 80% effective if not 90%, a run or crawl is a lot riskier.
    17) if you're in mid air at Time Vengeance 0:00 you're gonna have a bad time, be long gone from the centre platform and safe from Atheons splash damage and shooting supplicants at this time, if you're in mid-air you'll be "Detained" in a bubble and fall out the bottom and die.
    18) Are you a Sunsinging Self-Revieving Warlock like me? Do you die like me? Well that's ok! Just DON'T self revive until AFTER he's teleported the next group to a planet, the patched teleport seems to always send 3 guardians abroad, by waiting, you can ensure you don't glitch the run and are available to open the gate, plus spamming Solar AOE grenades to deny supplicants movement access is a big bonus.
    19) Away team, let the guys know a few seconds before you come through the gate. Home Team, pop a grenade near the gate to give the guys a supplicant clear area to come into
    20) Away team, you get cleansed just before the last Oracle goes down, the next time you get cleansed is in the centre platform. Doing too much cleansing before you pop the bubble can lead to the bubble dropping/glitching.
    21) Getting hit at the very start is due to Atheons splash damage, there are a few safe spots, ensure you learn them, if you notice you're taking damage, you're not in a safe spot and need to move. Not a big deal (but very frustrating) but it results in an intentional wipe and people losing 50% of their heavy ammo
    22) Get heavy ammo synths and use them at the start of your run if you have glimmer to spend
    23) Between 0:00 on "Times Vengeance" and the next round of teleports you will have a few (2 or 3) seconds, get your bearings and have a Heavy weapon equipped in case you get Venus, maybe you can rocket the Praetorian, this is a big help.
    24) If you have a Super when you're teleported, use it a second after the relic is picked up, you'll get a fresh super on the other side of the gate and some Solar Grenades, Weapons of Light and Gunslinging will be much appreciated.
    25) If you get a glitchy run, maybe you had 1 guy down, and then a 2nd goes down during the teleport phase and Atheon is on his last 25% Health and you land on Venus, you can just run out of Venus as long as someones quick enough to open the gate, you won't get "Times Vengeance" but at least you'll have 4 up and be safe and ready for the next run (Ammo Synths anyone?)

I'm not going to include this as a "tip" or "advice" or whatever as this is personal preferance. But we all know you can get Atheon down in 2 or 3 runs. This is not news. But 4 solid well co-odinated runs is better IMHO. Less panic getting out of the centre, less messing around with "Detain" fields, less landing on Supplicants. Just play the steady game, too often once Atheon is down to <50% Health players get a rush of blood and start doing things they wouldn't have done on the 1st run... The last run is no different to the 1st run.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you're getting to Atheon you should have no issues. The fatekeeper is significantly more difficult. I don't agree with sending a 4th man in tbh, I think people have become obsessed with level 30s and have forgotten that most groups used to finish HM with 1 level 30 at the maximum. And recommending to not use ghallahorn on Atheon is nonsense.

AdamD wrote: »
    If you're getting to Atheon you should have no issues. The fatekeeper is significantly more difficult. I don't agree with sending a 4th man in tbh, I think people have become obsessed with level 30s and have forgotten that most groups used to finish HM with 1 level 30 at the maximum. And recommending to not use ghallahorn on Atheon is nonsense.

2 Level 29s in the Away team is too hard. If you have 6 experienced level 30s, well most of those tips go without saying and can be chalked down to experience.

1st Gatekeeper can be killed from the doorway, wait till you all have 6 bullets for Ice Breakers, kill him, enter Mars, 1 person (Atheons Epiloge) shoots the Praetorians, the other person (VoC) shoots the Hobgoblins, then the AE player uses there heavy on the 2nd Gatekeeper while the VoC player takes out the spawning mobs to the right.

For the 2nd Gate and 3rd Gatekeeper bring the relic in and the same player as the 1st gate, have them use a rocket on the mobs, worst case scenario you call a 3rd person in after a few seconds if it's going badly but this is rarely necessary.

Of the 2 guys guarding the stairs after the 1st Gate run, one or both of you shout have Void Raid Weaponry equipped (AE, PR, CM) and focus on the stairs occasionally snapping 180 degrees to check for gobbos at the conflux.

I really don't know what the issue most people have with the gatekeeper is (not just you Adam but most people on the Bungie forums too), I've never needed more than 4 runs on it even on Hard pre/post patch and with the Glitching.

It's just a matter of clearly laying out the plan before anyone fires a shot at the 1st gatekeeper.

Worst case scenario, you can all sit and wait till all 6 of you have your super power before shooting him

But that's just how we've been running it since pretty much week 4 and it's never been a problem. As far as i'm concerned the 3 confluxes and Atheon are trickier on Hard

AdamD wrote: »

I agree with the gjallahorn, if you have it, use it, the rest of the rocket launchers can to pretty good damage as well but nowhere as close as the gjallahorn.

Best weapon aside of the gjallahorn IMO is corrective measure, it gives around 900 critical damage so if you have the field scout option that's 100 shots x 900 = 90.000. You can actually see Atheon's life go down as you are shooting him. If 5 people shoot him at the same time that's 450.000 k (give or take) in one go!

I would recommend using it from close distance though as recoil can be a b...

Helping with the oracles is not a bad idea as you are not doing anything outside (aside from killing supplicants but 2 men can take care of that), the more the merrier, specially considering that it will take almost 2 epilogues mags to kill one.

Best weapon to kill oracles, again, ,corrective measure, a 29 can take all oracles by himself! 4-5 shots per oracle. Otherwise, praetorian foil!

Maxed out like cormac has said is a MUST!!!! :)

Well said, I probably should have said I was kind of going on the assumption people didn't have a fully maxxed Ghallahorn or Corrective Measure. If you have a fully maxxed Corrective Measure and you're not using it I'm going to be giving you such evil looks behind my Facade of The Hezen Lords :pac:
    The Ghallahorn is the exception really and if you have LMG Ammo going into the bubble, use that and your Sniper ammo.
    After 1 or 2 failed runs though, you can expect the lack of heavy ammo synths or the cool down on them to be your worst enemy...
    Well aside from the glithcing, I've now experienced the fully glitched Atheon, and I'm pretty sure it's what hell looks like.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,214 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Word on reddit is there's a new public event that happens on both the earth and moon involving the sword of crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

3) Make sure you have a fully upgrade anti-Oracle raid weapon (VoC, AE, CM, PR), if you need to do 90 mins of farming to get it to 300, do it and run the Raid later in the week if needs must
    guarantee safety.

Quick note, vision of confluence is a poor oracle weapon, as there's a negative buff against scout rifles. Its still OK as long as both people attacking the oracles are using maxed weapons. Epilogue is the weapon of choice, a lvl 30 can take all the oracles solo with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Well said, I probably should have said I was kind of going on the assumption people didn't have a fully maxxed Ghallahorn or Corrective Measure. If you have a fully maxxed Corrective Measure and you're not using it I'm going to be giving you such evil looks behind my Facade of The Hezen Lords :pac:
    The Ghallahorn is the exception really and if you have LMG Ammo going into the bubble, use that and your Sniper ammo.
    After 1 or 2 failed runs though, you can expect the lack of heavy ammo synths or the cool down on them to be your worst enemy...
    Well aside from the glithcing, I've now experienced the fully glitched Atheon, and I'm pretty sure it's what hell looks like.

Yeah, that was such a mess last night. Weapons of light stopped working and then on our best run Atheon ran off to hide from the centre platform with about 1/8 health left.

bugs wrote: »
    Quick note, vision of confluence is a poor oracle weapon, as there's a negative buff against scout rifles. Its still OK as long as both people attacking the oracles are using maxed weapons

Agreed, if you have both, AE is better against oracles than VoC, took about an hour for me to realise that last night
    Epilogue is the weapon of choice, a lvl 30 can take all the oracles solo with it.

Not a chance :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Agreed, if you have both, AE is better against oracles than VoC, took about an hour for me to realise that last night

Not a chance :pac:

Better off rocking a fusion rifle, any maxed one is at most two hits to kill an oracle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement