Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

One way is fine. My GF and i both got one way tickets a yr ago and had no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swirls427

Hi, this has probably been asked a MILLION times but what number do i submit to IEC? do i have to wait until all my forms are submitted on MyCIC before i get this number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alanvam

hey when it says country of residence do ya put in canada or ireland even tho im in canada now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

My girlfriend cannot uplaod IMMI1275 for the last 3 days, not telling me whats wrong either. Anyone know who to contact about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

zweton wrote: »
    My girlfriend cannot uplaod IMMI1275 for the last 3 days, not telling me whats wrong either. Anyone know who to contact about this?

Have you tried clearing the cache? Different browser? Different computer? I had a problem with it initially trouble was with my machine rather than their system

• Advertisement

yes i tried this, no luck!

Guys, would anyone have a contact number or email address to try get this sorted? Couldnt find one meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma! Tried to do a search in this thread but havent really found the answer I'm looking for. I have completed the Stage 1 process and I am moving onto Stage 2... I have all the police certs/drivers report gathered together but I now think I have to tee up a medical! I think its because I have been living in Australia for the past couple of years. I'm leaving for New Zealand next week and wont have a fixed abode for at least 2-3 months.

Questions are:

Does anyone know if I will definitely be required to do a medical?

What address will I put down as my current residential address? The hostels, or perhaps a mates in Australia?

Lastly, if a medical is definitely required, can I do the medical in Auckland or do I have to do it in Melbourne? I'm not even 100% sure that I need to do one so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moseharper

I don't think you need to worry about the medical. I didn't see it mentioned after stage one and didn't have to get one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Thanks for your reply mate, thats interesting! Have you being living in Australia by the way? I've heard its one of the designated countries, whereby if you live here for 6 months or more, you require a medical. Sounds a bit OTT to me though!! :rolleyes:
    moseharper wrote: »
    I don't think you need to worry about the medical. I didn't see it mentioned after stage one and didn't have to get one either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Don't forget to update your timelines to give others an idea how long they can expect to wait

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

i lived in melbourne for over a year and all I submitted was a police record. no mention of any medical. did you perhaps make a mention of any ongoing or previous condition you might have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I was talking to a guy at the weekend who said he has 2 years before he has to activate his Visa.
    I've one year.
    The main difference with our application was that he had to pay a fee of 120 (but got it refunded) whereas I didn't.
    Many others get 2 years before they have to activate?
    I've mailed IEC and they said it's a year long to activate.

Panthro wrote: »
    I was talking to a guy at the weekend who said he has 2 years before he has to activate his Visa.
    I've one year.
    The main difference with our application was that he had to pay a fee of 120 (but got it refunded) whereas I didn't.

I was given two years on mine, didn't pay any extra, didnt ask for it either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

willabur wrote: »
    I was given two years on mine, didn't pay any extra, didnt ask for it either

Will this be your first Visa for Canada?

Will this be your first Visa for Canada?
    yes

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

I've one year.

This was happening with the LOI/POE, when they were first issued, seemed that a few (hundred) applicants who got their visa's issued in the beginning, got a 2 year activation timeframe on the letter. We got ours issued in March, and the timeframe was only 1 year. Through lots of discussions on both this and the other Megathread, I think it was just an error in the beginning and has now been rectified.

And it didn't cost any extra. We paid €120 for our visa application in total - the same as everyone.

Hope this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys, I've posted here a few times before but need a bit of help with my application.

Have everything done for My CIC application, all documents provided but one; The family form, or IMM5707....or is it IMM5645? A friend of mine who applied much earlier used the IMM5645 which had a section for siblings, but my application is telling me to fill in the IMM5707 form which has NO SECTION FOR SIBLINGS??? I'm very confused. I know when I first signed up to My CIC in May that it said one of the forms might have changed.

Anyway, if anybody that applied in or around May up until now could help me out, I would be eternally grateful! This application has me down in the dumps and it's just this one part I need done so I can finally send it off!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

...anyone? :/

JuicyJim wrote: »
    ...anyone? :/
    Hey guys, I've posted here a few times before but need a bit of help with my application.

Have everything done for My CIC application, all documents provided but one; The family form, or IMM5707....or is it IMM5645? A friend of mine who applied much earlier used the IMM5645 which had a section for siblings, but my application is telling me to fill in the IMM5707 form which has NO SECTION FOR SIBLINGS??? I'm very confused. I know when I first signed up to My CIC in May that it said one of the forms might have changed.

Anyway, if anybody that applied in or around May up until now could help me out, I would be eternally grateful! This application has me down in the dumps and it's just this one part I need done so I can finally send it off!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

We applied back in Feb, and it was the 5707 form that we used. No sibling details required. Got our visa's no bother about a month later.

Try not to worry too much what other people were asked for though, your application is specific to you, so just fill in the forms you were directed to fill in by the CIC. They generated the list of what was needed for your application based on the questions they asked you when you were first setting up your CIC account, so go with that. If they require a different form at a later stage, they'll come back to you and ask you for it, so try not to stress.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

CatMc48 wrote: »
    We applied back in Feb, and it was the 5707 form that we used. No sibling details required. Got our visa's no bother about a month later.

Try not to worry too much what other people were asked for though, your application is specific to you, so just fill in the forms you were directed to fill in by the CIC. They generated the list of what was needed for your application based on the questions they asked you when you were first setting up your CIC account, so go with that. If they require a different form at a later stage, they'll come back to you and ask you for it, so try not to stress.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much, this helps a lot! :) This was literally the last thing I've left and it was driving me berserk! One last thing if you or anyone could help me out; Do you think using the 'Letter of Explanation' to notify them that I have a different passport now to the one I scanned in the very first stage of the IEC application is sufficient? I've uploaded a scan of my new passport to My CIC account but in the very first stage when we were asked to provide passport info and a scan, I used my old one....it got severely damaged in early April ya see, so I had to replace it....another spanner in the works :pac:

Thank you so much, this helps a lot! :) This was literally the last thing I've left and it was driving me berserk! One last thing if you or anyone could help me out; Do you think using the 'Letter of Explanation' to notify them that I have a different passport now to the one I scanned in the very first stage of the IEC application is sufficient? I've uploaded a scan of my new passport to My CIC account but in the very first stage when we were asked to provide passport info and a scan, I used my old one....it got severely damaged in early April ya see, so I had to replace it....another spanner in the works :pac:

Did you get an answer to this? I think this question is covered in the IEC Webpage, under the FAQ's - it's to do with what if my passport is lost/stolen/replaced after the visa has been granted. Or something like that.

It should be no issue, and yes maybe add in the letter of explaination with as best you can a scan of your old passport and your new one (you might have an original scan of the old one from the very first stages of applying?)

Anyway, just put it all in, and like the question about the forms, they will come back to you if they have any queries. Check out the FAQ's on both the IEC page and CIC page though before you send off anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Hey guys, need some help with the iec. I have received a POE intro letter in my CIC account but when I open it, it has no valid date or UCI number,
    Kompass still says pending for immigration/ final decision.
    Any help would b appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

Hi everyone,

quick question i've completed stage 2 so just waiting to hear back on that but in meantime is there anything i need to do with the Kompass account? upload any numbers or anything? cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Suarez20 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

quick question i've completed stage 2 so just waiting to hear back on that but in meantime is there anything i need to do with the Kompass account? upload any numbers or anything? cheers!

Update ur cic number in ur kompass. It's ur application number beginning wiv W..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elena Elena

PLEASE HELP!! How to get to this screen? Mine asks for a different form IMM5710E. I just talked to the CIC on the phone and they said that I have the wrong form. I get this package with the wrong form when I fill out their eligibility questionare.

PLEASE HELP!! How to get to this screen? Mine asks for a different form IMM5710E. I just talked to the CIC on the phone and they said that I have the wrong form. I get this package with the wrong form when I fill out their eligibility questionare.errormessage.jpg

Same Problem

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-trouble-submittingsigning-the-online-application-t131959.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-body-encounter-error-at-electronically-signing-step-when-submitting-online-t131303.0.html[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

hi, so i've being refused :(
    i emailed CIC and they said that i can re-apply as long as my Conditional Acceptance is still valid, which it is :)
    but does anyone know how to re-apply??
    when i log in it just brings me back to my CIC application and i can't add or edit anything on this page, i tried to set-up a new account but it brings me back to my old account!! this whole process is so frustrating

Where are you applying from? Sounds like the same problem which I had. I was applying from Canada but on the come to Canada wizard you need to say that you are applying from Ireland and then it gives you the right form. Try this for a start.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Anyone still waiting to hear back on whether they were successful with stage 2 ?

Advertisement