Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

twinQuins wrote: »
    Wait, the trial is over and he was found guilty?

i hate to break it to you (you must be a fan) but i'm pretty sure he's guilty, sorry to be the bearer of bad news :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Not a fan (barely heard of him before all this) but hey, if you're "pretty sure" then I guess all the authorities investigating the case can stop since, obviously, you know exactly what happened.

No, no. I'm sure all those cops with their new fangled forensics have no clue what they're doing, you're the only person who actually knows the skinny, and they should just defer to you.

In fact, let's just get rid of all police forces the world over since they clearly have no idea what they're doing is some random guy on the internet can figure out murder cases by himself.

Not a fan (barely heard of him before all this) but hey, if you're "pretty sure" then I guess all the authorities investigating the case can stop since, obviously, you know exactly what happened.

No, no. I'm sure all those cops with their new fangled forensics have no clue what they're doing, you're the only person who actually knows the skinny, and they should just defer to you.

In fact, let's just get rid of all police forces the world over since they clearly have no idea what they're doing is some random guy on the internet can figure out murder cases by himself.

ok you sit on the edge of your chair waiting on the verdit :pac:

I will admit to having some interest in this but mostly I'm bemused by the rush to assume guilt in the face of not knowing the facts.

But you didn't do that because you know more than the people investigating this.

Right?

I will admit to having some interest in this but mostly I'm bemused by the rush to assume guilt in the face of not knowing the facts.

But you didn't do that because you know more than the people investigating this.

Right?

yes i do but then again maybe it was elves that shot her?

• Advertisement

Maybe. It's about as plausible as your assertion that he's guilty, after all.

Maybe. It's about as plausible as your assertion that he's guilty, after all.

that made me laugh, you're funny :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Why do people even think it could be anything but a roid rage incident and that he's 100% guilty of that girl's murder? What doubt is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I highly doubt he was on steroids as he would have been caught by now. Either they found EPO or similar and they are calling it 'steroids', or they've found steroids and its something not banned, like a corticosteroid cream for his legs.

Also, the guy is a disaster around guns;
    Meanwhile, Beeld reported on Monday Pistorius in January accidentally fired a gun shot at a busy Jo'burg restaurant.

The paper said the bullet, which was fired at a Tashas in Melrose Arch, almost hit the foot of Kevin Lerena, a boxer and mutual friend of Pistorius and his slain girlfriend, Steenkamp – who was allegedly gunned down in Pistorius's Pretoria home last week.

"I got a huge fright, because the bullet hit the ground just centimetres from my foot ... but it really was just a freak accident," Lerena told Beeld.

He said he had visited the restaurant with a group of friends who included Pistorius and Steenkamp.

"I must emphasise that the gun belonged to one of Pistorius's friends – I'm not going to mention his name. Oscar just wanted to look at the gun, and it sort of snagged on his pants, releasing the safety catch. A shot went off. I wouldn't call him negligent, it was just an accident. He apologised to me for days afterwards," Lerena said.

The restaurant did not report the incident to the police, as Pistorius and Steenkamp were regular customers.
    http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-18-pistorius-accidentally-fired-a-shot-in-restaurant-report-claims

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Why do people even think it could be anything but a roid rage incident and that he's 100% guilty of that girl's murder? What doubt is there?

The concept of everyone having the right to a free trial is the fairest concept in terms of determining whether someone is not guilty or guilty. This way every factor is examined and a judgement made beyond reasonable doubt

If we were going by the Sun newspaper to decide these things then who is guilty as sin one day might have suffered a huge miscarriage of justice another day. The red tops are utter scutter from the gutter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The concept of everyone having the right to a free trial is the fairest concept in terms of determining whether someone is not guilty or guilty. This way every factor is examined and a judgement made beyond reasonable doubt

If we were going by the Sun newspaper to decide these things then who is guilty as sin one day might have suffered a huge miscarriage of justice another day. The red tops are utter scutter from the gutter

however, being outside that jurisdiction, we are not subject to laws on sub judice* ( or boards would pull this thread). So he is technically innocent until proven guilty, but does his defense make sense?

* which is clearly not that strong in SA anyway.

however, being outside that jurisdiction, we are not subject to laws on sub judice* ( or boards would pull this thread). So he is technically innocent until proven guilty, but does his defense make sense?

* which is clearly not that strong in SA anyway.

Based on what we are hearing then no, but he'll have his day in court and my overall judgement at the end of the day will be based on the dialogue within that court room. Anything i heard beforehand that didnt come out in court as evidence or testimony ill just put to the back of my mind

Of course he's innocent until proven guilty.

But the fact of the matter is he's 100% guilty of killing her, there's no doubt in that.

His case will be whether or not the steroids were a contributing factor which might mean a less severe sentence.

Blood tests will show the presence of steroids and this will be used in his defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

But the fact of the matter is he's 100% guilty of killing her, there's no doubt in that.

His case will be whether or not the steroids were a contributing factor which might mean a less severe sentence.

Blood tests will show the presence of steroids and this will be used in his defence.

Do you have next weeks Lotto numbers there while you are at the clairvoyant stuff ?

I must say I find the speed with which he was in court and the amount of stuff being leaked to the press to be poor. Suggests to me the police are not confident in whatever case they are making. Why wage a PR campaign if the facts are on your side ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

JupiterKid wrote: »
    IMO it's possible that they were having a domestic row, she locked herself into the bathroom and Pistorius fired the shots into the bathroom door in a fit of rage.

Whether those shots were meant to kill, injure or just frighten his girlfriend is a moot point. Could be one of those incidents where if there was no gun to hand two lives wouldn't have been destroyed in a moment of madness.

Cricket bat? Ban those too huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You're basing that on the hard evidence you know for a fact, yeah? Or, perhaps, are you speculating based on what you've read about a case thousands of miles away from you, about which you couldn't possibly have any intimate knowledge?

I reckon he murdered her too, but to say innocent until proven guilty, and immediately afterwards say that it's "fact" that he is "100% guilty of killing her" is among the most absurd and ignorant things I've ever read on here - that that's a hell of an achievement

COYVB wrote: »
    You're basing that on the hard evidence you know for a fact, yeah? Or, perhaps, are you speculating based on what you've read about a case thousands of miles away from you, about which you couldn't possibly have any intimate knowledge?

I reckon he murdered her too, but to say innocent until proven guilty, and immediately afterwards say that it's "fact" that he is "100% guilty of killing her" is among the most absurd and ignorant things I've ever read on here - that that's a hell of an achievement

My point is he is innocent until proven guilty. But he will 100% be proven guilty so I'm just being realistic, not ignorant.

MadsL wrote: »
    Cricket bat? Ban those too huh?

Nothing about the cricket bat in todays reporting about court proceedings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21502541

Now its saying she was shot 3 times through a door - it was previously reported as 4 times

Story is changing quite a bit from what was reported initially. I don't think there is a 100% certainty about anything just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Nothing about the cricket bat in todays reporting about court proceedings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21502541

Now its saying she was shot 3 times through a door - it was previously reported as 4 times

Story is changing quite a bit from what was reported initially. I don't think there is a 100% certainty about anything just yet

They are still saying he shot 4 times. She was hit 3 times. Not all that radical a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Do you have next weeks Lotto numbers there while you are at the clairvoyant stuff ?

I must say I find the speed with which he was in court and the amount of stuff being leaked to the press to be poor. Suggests to me the police are not confident in whatever case they are making. Why wage a PR campaign if the facts are on your side ?

Because his side have been waging a bigger PR campaign. The police had to deny the mistaken intrduer story. He had a big pr hitter fly out from the UK to manage HIS pr campaign so it is two sides to the PR campaign story.

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Because his side have been waging a bigger PR campaign. The police had to deny the mistaken intrduer story. He had a big pr hitter fly out from the UK to manage HIS pr campaign so it is two sides to the PR campaign story.

Thats not a reason. The police are expected to operate to a higher standard. They are either secure of their case or they are not. The evidence should speak for itself.

No ?

Thats not a reason. The police are expected to operate to a higher standard. They are either secure of their case or they are not. The evidence should speak for itself.

No ?

In an ideal world you would be right...

I'm starting to think he is going to walk (no pun intended)

His story (even though he hasn't made any statement about the events) that seem to be told from his sister and father is that, he woke up in the middle of the night disoreintated and thought somebody had broken in and instinct was to pick up his gun and shoot. He then realised his gf was not in the bed and used the bat to break down the door.

Her mother gave a symapthtic quote about not knowing what he is going through which is being printed and printed over and over again don't mind any quotes about her wanting answers. The PR machine is in full swing. His management team has said no racing until he is cleared.... and they may well be right. Reasonable doubt for a national hero, they've got a shot.

So he woke up to discover his gf was not in bed beside him, but there was someone in his bathroom. Obviously your instinct would lead you to believe that it's a thief in your toilet, not your gf..

This guy will definitly walk

So he woke up to discover his gf was not in bed beside him, but there was someone in his bathroom. Obviously your instinct would lead you to believe that it's a thief in your toilet, not your gf..

This guy will definitly walk

no he didnt realise she wasn't there until he shot maybe...

its bollix but look at OJ Simpson in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Oscars statement from an SA reporter in the court;
    I'm acutely aware of violent criminals breaking in. I've got death threats. At some stage, I went outside to get a fan. I heard a noise in the bathroom and felt sense of terror come over me. I thought Reeva was in bad. I screamed out that the person must get out of house and Reeva must call police. I didn't have my prosthetic legs on. I felt vulnerable. I feared real harm to me and Reeva. I fired. Then I realized Reeva wasn't there. I went onto balcony and screamed for help. I put my legs on. Reeva was slumped over in the toilet. She was still alive. I called paramedics. I tried to take her to hospital. I tried to save Reeva. But she died in my arms. I can't stand how much hurt I've caused. I believe the forensic evidence will prove what I am saying. I used a cricket bat to break open toilet door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Rascasse wrote: »
    Oscars statement from an SA reporter in the court;

could she not have yelled back that she was in the toilet when he shouted out??
    he seemed to have been all over the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It doesn't really make sense. Did he have the gun in his hand when he went to get the fan so?

could she not have yelled back that she was in the toilet when he shouted out??
    he seemed to have been all over the house.

I'm open to correction on this but I read somewhere that he rang his dad first before the emergency services, anybody know if this is true?

davet82 wrote: »
    In an ideal world you would be right...

I'm starting to think he is going to walk (no pun intended)

His story (even though he hasn't made any statement about the events) that seem to be told from his sister and father is that, he woke up in the middle of the night disoreintated and thought somebody had broken in and instinct was to pick up his gun and shoot. He then realised his gf was not in the bed and used the bat to break down the door.

Her mother gave a symapthtic quote about not knowing what he is going through which is being printed and printed over and over again don't mind any quotes about her wanting answers. The PR machine is in full swing. His management team has said no racing until he is cleared.... and they may well be right. Reasonable doubt for a national hero, they've got a shot.

And how do you know these things aren't true ? PR machine or otherwise. the fact is there is evidence. The police should be following the evidence and using that to build their case - not waging a PR battle - which they have been doing from the start. That they see fit to wage a PR battle makes me think they are not convinced their evidence will win the case by itself.

• Advertisement

And how do you know these things aren't true ? PR machine or otherwise. the fact is there is evidence. The police should be following the evidence and using that to build their case - not waging a PR battle - which they have been doing from the start. That they see fit to wage a PR battle makes me think they are not convinced their evidence will win the case by itself.

Maybe but I think its more likely cops cashing in on the story of a lifetime.

Advertisement