Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

davet82 wrote: »
    Maybe but I think its more likely cops cashing in on the story of a lifetime.

Well that itself would be equal cause for concern, no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How did he go onto the balcony without his legs? (Serious question)

Something definitely doesn't seem to add up. It's plausible that he could call out and she wouldn't hear him (extractor fan on in the toilet, etc). But if the shots were at close range, then presumably he had to go back to the bed, get his gun and then back to the door again - without his legs? And without giving another warning before firing? If he was standing beside the door and gave a warning, she would have heard him.

My gut feeling is that he in didn't intend to kill her, but fired through the door in a rage or something, believing that she wouldn't be injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Who would lock their bathroom door at 4am going to the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Well that itself would be equal cause for concern, no ?

Yes it would be a concern, money talks and journos will always have their sources which they are able to protect by law (i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TheNap wrote: »
    I would. Force of habit.

• Advertisement

I'm acutely aware of violent criminals breaking in. I've got death threats. At some stage, I went outside to get a fan. I heard a noise in the bathroom and felt sense of terror come over me. I thought Reeva was in bad. I screamed out that the person must get out of house and Reeva must call police. I didn't have my prosthetic legs on. I felt vulnerable. I feared real harm to me and Reeva. I fired. Then I realized Reeva wasn't there. I went onto balcony and screamed for help. I put my legs on. Reeva was slumped over in the toilet. She was still alive. I called paramedics. I tried to take her to hospital. I tried to save Reeva. But she died in my arms. I can't stand how much hurt I've caused. I believe the forensic evidence will prove what I am saying. I used a cricket bat to break open toilet door.
    I love the last line, if it had "Also" in front of it it would be a brilliant non-sequitur.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

And he went on the balcony to scream for help before checking on her? None of it adds up really.

seamus wrote: »
    My gut feeling is that he in didn't intend to kill her, but fired through the door in a rage or something, believing that she wouldn't be injured.

that would be my theroy too.

leaks seem to suggest the ipad may have some clue to what actually happened, his story may conflict with message times being sent to opposed to them being asleep or the more sensationalist story that she was texting a SA rugby player that kicked off the arguement.

that would be my theroy too.

leaks seem to suggest the ipad may have some clue to what actually happened, his story may conflict with message times being sent to opposed to them being asleep or the more sensationalist story that she was texting a SA rugby player that kicked off the arguement.

But this is my point - where is this stuff coming from ? Why is it being leaked ? There is no reason to believe these things unless the evidence is presented in court

But this is my point - where is this stuff coming from ? Why is it being leaked ? There is no reason to believe these things unless the evidence is presented in court

Why, pure and simple, entertainment...

this is 'reality tv' at its worst/finest, it sells newspapers which makes money. I think most of us here realise everything being reported has to be taken with a pinch of salt and of those of posting in this thread and trying to peice together want happened from reports are, if we're honest, are a little bit entertained by it (to a degree, not in a sick way to happened to the poor girl)

Also i dont think if this were an irish celeb would there be as much speculation here on boards.ie compared to this (i'd be alot more reserved to my assumptions anyways! :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

its all a bit fishy.

the only thing that is certain is that he killed her with his gun - because of him she is dead.

We also know from police that it was not the first incidence at his house, re. callouts.

if we're honest, are a little bit entertained by it (to a degree, not in a sick way to happened to the poor girl)

Speak for yourself - I find the whole story upsetting to some degree.
    We also know from police that it was not the first incidence at his house, re. callouts.

Again.....do we know this ?? Until its presented as evidence with records of the call outs I would consider this suspect information honestly.

Again.....do we know this ?? Until its presented as evidence with records of the call outs I would consider this suspect information honestly.

The police have already stated they were called out for domestic incidents in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

the police stated this in an interview.

LizT wrote: »
    The police have already stated they were called out for domestic incidents in the past.
    the police stated this in an interview.

Yup.
    Have they presented evidence of this to the judge ?

Yup.
    Have they presented evidence of this to the judge ?

Why would they? It's not the full trial yet.

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

TheNap wrote: »

I would if I was terrified that my life was in danger or that I may be assaulted.

LizT wrote: »
    Why would they? It's not the full trial yet.

They are trying to convince the judge it was pre-meditated.
    Why wouldn't they present this if it is true?
    Why would they leak it to the press first ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Opinion guy: it might be worth remembering that SA have a totally different legal system and police force to that here. Things are done differently and leaks are par for the course there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A burglar locking themselves in the bathroom seems a bit odd.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

'sources close to the investigation' - license to print anything really :o

Wossack wrote: »
    'sources close to the investigation' - license to print anything really money

FYP ;)

seamus wrote: »
    How did he go onto the balcony without his legs? (Serious question)

BBC just said he can walk on his stumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Whats been leaked? Its all from press conferences.

He'll have the best PR guys he can get who'll be doing everything they can to ensure he gets out, whether he did it or not. All police departments are sieves so they'll get access to plenty of info, and they'll likely leak true and false stuff over the next while. For example if they "leak" 3 or 4 pieces of BS, then point out that it's BS, they can start leaking true stuff in among it and people may not buy it.

That's a fair amount of assumptions about police corruption from people who don't want us to judge the lad with the dead woman in the bathroom, and a discharged rifle.

He'll have the best PR guys he can get who'll be doing everything they can to ensure he gets out, whether he did it or not. All police departments are sieves so they'll get access to plenty of info, and they'll likely leak true and false stuff over the next while. For example if they "leak" 3 or 4 pieces of BS, then point out that it's BS, they can start leaking true stuff in among it and people may not buy it.

Most of the leaks have been press conference statements. But as you say, his propaganda started on the first morning where all media reports said he mistook her for an intruder, where a neutral story would be his gf found dead in his house of gun shot wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

Most of the leaks have been press conference statements. But as you say, his propaganda started on the first morning where all media reports said he mistook her for an intruder, where a neutral story would be his gf found dead in his house of gun shot wounds.

well, thats his continuing story, as per his statement this morning - he mistook her for an intruder

the whole bathroom door thing just doesnt add up for me though. No warning? Pitch black room, but finds his gun - but doesnt check the girlfriend in the searching?

Dunno, doesnt hold water for me

• Advertisement

@DH

But, why did the police say anything ? Even on the day the story broke ? If they are sure of their case and sure of the evidence why make any statement and risk calls of trial by media ? Could they even have processed the evidence at that stage ? I doubt they had ballistics and autopsy results at that stage for example.

I find this very, very odd. Do you not ?

Seems to me that in the interests of justice you would just say "We are investigating" at that stage - regardless of what Pistorius's people were saying

Advertisement