Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade Runner becomes Blade Gunner **Mod Warning Read OP""

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

trial by media ?

Again, different legal and police system. Trial by media doesn't really exist in SA. This is normal really for big cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Again, different legal and police system. Trial by media doesn't really exist in SA. This is normal really for big cases.

Well I can't really argue as to what is normal there. But how can trial by media not exist ??:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Well I can't really argue as to what is normal there. But how can trial by media not exist ??:confused:

Because it is not a concept recognised by the SA legal system. If this was an Irish case we couldn't even discuss it on boards in case of that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Why was there blood on the bat if he only used it to break down the door?

And Reeva had head wounds:

" A source with inside knowledge of the case told the newspaper Rapport that Reeva Steenkamp’s skull had been “crushed,” possibly by blows to the back of her head."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bloody-cricket-bat-center-reeva-steenkamp-murder-case-reports-article-1.1266376

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

He says he used the bat to break down the bathroom door. But the bat was covered with blood. What kind of door bleeds?

• Advertisement

Degringola wrote: »

And Reeva had head wounds:

" A source with inside knowledge of the case told the newspaper Rapport that Reeva Steenkamp’s skull had been “crushed,” possibly by blows to the back of her head."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bloody-cricket-bat-center-reeva-steenkamp-murder-case-reports-article-1.1266376

---->
    Wossack wrote: »
    'sources close to the investigation' - license to print anything really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Gosub wrote: »
    He says he used the bat to break down the bathroom door. But the bat was covered with blood. What kind of door bleeds?

a door with somebodies head pressed against it maybe...

point is they will have to cover alot bases if he is to be proven innocent imo

davet82 wrote: »
    a door with somebodies head pressed against it maybe...

point is they will have to cover alot bases if he is to be proven innocent imo
    Only if the head was being pressed against it by the holder of the bat. Why would she keep her head against the inside of a door that is being battered in? Surely it would take more than one blow from a bat to break an internal door, even if it was poor quality, which seems unlikely in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

The baseball bat hasn't been mentioned in court to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Degringola wrote: »
    Plausibly? You'd break down the door, then throw the bat on the ground. There could be blood on the ground, or it could splatter onto the bat as he tried to move her.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Plausibly? You'd break down the door, then throw the bat on the ground. There could be blood on the ground, or it could splatter onto the bat as he tried to move her.
    Possible. It would be interesting to hear if there was other matter on the bat. That would be harder to talk away.

Gosub wrote: »
    Only if the head was being pressed against it by the holder of the bat. Why would she keep her head against the inside of a door that is being battered in? Surely it would take more than one blow from a bat to break an internal door, even if it was poor quality, which seems unlikely in this case.

I agree!
    seamus wrote: »

The smashed skull seems to be the problem though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

The baseball bat hasn't been mentioned in court to my knowledge.

"Mr Pistorius broke the door down with a cricket bat to find his girlfriend shot inside, the statement said." - just from the bbc website

no word of it being bloody mind you, or there being any related injuries to Reeva

I agree!

The smashed skull seems to be the problem though!

Again was this mentioned in court ?

I would agree if this is true then he is guilty, however so far I've only seen it reported as a leak from 'an insider with knowledge'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

I would agree if this is true then he is guilty, however so far I've only seen it reported as a leak from 'an insider with knowledge'

If there were related wounds, I really would have thought the prosecution would have mentioned it - but they only say:

"Prosecutor Gerrie Nel told the court that on the evening of 14 February, Mr Pistorius - a double amputee - had got up from bed, put on his prostheses, and fired his gun through the door of the small bathroom."

again just per the bbc site (link)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Yup.
    Have they presented evidence of this to the judge ?

don't knnw, but it came from the police department in an interview. Be realistic.

I acknowledge your point but it has been mentioned already in this thread, i will try use 'allegedly' or 'as reported' then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I acknowledge your point but it has been mentioned already in this thread, i will try use 'allegedly' or 'as reported' then

Lets not use it at all. We've had a bail hearing. The prosecution didn't mention it. It didn't happen.

The shooting happened. That's not in dispute.

Lets not use it at all. We've had a bail hearing. The prosecution didn't mention it. It didn't happen.

The shooting happened. That's not in dispute.

ok i'll settle with that then

this is just a bail hearing. its not a trial - not everything has to be mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

only the 2 of them were in the house.
    Why did she lock the bathroom door?

He said he grabbed his gun (in a darkened room) and went to the bathroom door.
    Said he let a shout and told his girlfriend to call the police?
    Surely if someone is shouting at you to get out of the house thinking you were someone else you would respond in some way?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sham69 wrote: »
    Because she heard him shouting about there being someone in the house maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

He said he grabbed his gun (in a darkened room) and went to the bathroom door.
    Said he let a shout and told his girlfriend to call the police?
    Surely if someone is shouting at you to get out of the house thinking you were someone else you would respond in some way?

I'd imagine he'd argue that when he left the room for the fan she went to the bathroom (locking the door in the process), he heard someone in the toilet, got his gun from beside his bed, shouted to her and fired.

I'm not troubled so much by the locked door, more so by the fact that he didn't see she wasn't in bed and that she didn't answer back when he shouted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ha ha the BBC just had to apologise for playing jimi hendrix "hey joe" after their segment on the Oscar case!!

Rascasse wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'd argue that when he left the room for the fan she went to the bathroom (locking the door in the process), he heard someone in the toilet, got his gun from beside his bed, shouted to her and fired.

I'm not troubled so much by the locked door, more so by the fact that he didn't see she wasn't in bed and that she didn't answer back when he shouted.

what I meant was, I never lock the door in the bathroom in my house unless we have guests etc...

I suppose I don't live in South Africa although Cabra can be quite rough at times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

what I meant was, I never lock the door in the bathroom in my house unless we have guests etc...

I suppose I don't live in South Africa although Cabra can be quite rough at times :)

I do, even if the house is empty. It's just force of habit.

just a thought....

if you are so security conscious, that you would have a gun by your bed, then why would you leave a bathroom window open with ladders nearby?

LizT wrote: »
    I do, even if the house is empty. It's just force of habit.

Woman thing obviously which is fair enough I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oscar Pistorius has denied murdering his girlfriend, saying he shot her by mistake thinking she was an intruder.
    He told a packed bail hearing in Pretoria that he loved Reeva Steenkamp and had never intended to kill her.
    Prosecutors accuse Mr Pistorius of premeditated murder. They say he shot his girlfriend dead deliberately, firing through a locked bathroom door.
    The hearing came as Ms Steenkamp's family held her funeral.
    The case has shocked South Africans and many around the world who admire Oscar Pistorius for overcoming adversity to become a Paralympic champion.
    Tuesday's hearing began with the prosecution giving its account of the killing, which it says was premeditated murder by the 26-year-old athlete at his home in Pretoria.
    Prosecutor Gerrie Nel told the court that in the early hours of the morning of 14 February, Mr Pistorius - a double amputee - had got up from bed, put on his prostheses, and fired his pistol through the locked door of the bathroom.
    He shot four times and hit Ms Steenkamp three times, Mr Nel said.
    He added that the defendant later broke down the bathroom door with a cricket bat and carried the body downstairs.

I think she locked herself away in the bathroom as she was afraid of him

• Advertisement

Woman thing obviously which is fair enough I suppose...

not really i often lock the door when i'm in the house by myself out of habit tbh

Advertisement