Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One - General Discussion (NO DISCUSSION REGARDING PS4 - MOD WARNING Post 6903)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Fair enough its down right now, but I think calling the servers crap is a HUGE jump, considering this is the first time they have been down in what, 6 months? more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Meesared wrote: »
    Fair enough its down right now, but I think calling the servers crap is a HUGE jump, considering this is the first time they have been down in what, 6 months? more?

I know, What I'm saying is this highlights the problem with having to be connected to xbox live to play offline games. Server problems and no one can play.

Oh I agree with you on that but calling them crap is just plain not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

First time the servers have been unaccessible due to an MS problem in six months maybe, but far from it if you include ISP issues. There was a month long saga just there in January for UPC users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

VinLieger wrote: »
    Most gaming publications are saying sources who should know if its true or not are confirming its happening

It's genuinely looking like it's real from speaking to people around the industry

May not be quite as bad as it sounds like it's going to be initially though, it's worth remembering that post launch there's the ability for things to be added or enabled that punters won't like

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    First time the servers have been unaccessible due to an MS problem in six months maybe, but far from it if you include ISP issues. There was a month long saga just there in January for UPC users
    Why is everyone taking what I said as that I'm backing up that the whole "always on" thing is a good idea. Its the exact opposite!

Why is everyone taking what I said as that I'm backing up that the whole "always on" thing is a good idea. Its the exact opposite!

My bad, I thought you were making the point that the service is so rarely interuppted that if the always-on thing became a reality...then we wouldn't even notice it or something :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    My bad, I thought you were making the point that the service is so rarely interuppted that if the always-on thing became a reality...then we wouldn't even notice it or something :)
    I'm just disputing someone calling Xbox Live's servers crap is a bit of a jump :)

I'm just disputing someone calling Xbox Live's servers crap is a bit of a jump :)

Well yeah I'd have to agree with you there...any downtime my son has experienced on XBL has rarely, ir ever, been the fault of MS. The service is usually rock solid

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/5944/microsoft-creative-director-on-always-online-deal-with-it-

Lad who works for MS.

jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

If it's true, that instantly makes the xbox a console I can't purchase because I'm in Vietnam. I'll happily buy another 360, graphics are fine on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm just hoping, against hope, that MS will realise what a terribly conceived plan this is. If they do it, I will go out on launch day, queue, and buy a PS4. I'll still have my x360, and once its live subscription is up that'll be me out of the xbox ecosystem for at minimum 2 years but far more likely for longer.

It's simply really, MS won't be offering what I want and short of some twitter/facebook backlash my preferred method of letting them know that is by not giving them another cent..I have no love for sony, but given their position they're the lesser of two evils at the moment.

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/5944/microsoft-creative-director-on-always-online-deal-with-it-

Lad who works for MS.

jF1Mjq5MZmVHd.png

If it's true, that instantly makes the xbox a console I can't purchase because I'm in Vietnam. I'll happily buy another 360, graphics are fine on it.
    Guy has apparently since been fired, I still cant see it happening. It doesn't make business sense

Don't think he could be fired for that surely? He doesn't actually mention the xbox.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

He 'resigned'.

And of course he could be fired for that. It's the states. They don't have crazy employment laws. Someone is such a massive breach of PR policy could easily be shown the door.

Could you imagine the PR director seeing that fall on his desk? An almost scientific method is emplyed to break news like this and he undid it all in just a few tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any more rumours surface lately?

Nope, not lately but most insiders are speculating that MS will be holding their own stand alone Xbox event similar to and in response to the PS3 event for sometime before E3 in order to have a captive audience and drum up interest before the big show.

Keeping in mind E3 is starting June 11th they don't have a lot of time left to pencil that in.

From a PR perspective sooner would rather be better for them in order to win back some of the mindshare that Sony won with their conference and to nip the constant stream of negative rumors in the bud. Right now the industry seems to be fairly ps3 positive while Microsofts silence is just leaving a gaping gap thats slowly being filled with negative sentiment based on past failures, company executive foul ups and persistent speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Rumour is MS are simply not "Ready" ... no point rushing it to market if its a shambles. We wait and see.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any more rumours surface lately?

All will be revealed May 21st.

I know the release month, but will be killed if I say a thing. You should all know soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

COYVB wrote: »
    All will be revealed May 21st.

I know the release month, but will be killed if I say a thing. You should all know soon

so you make a point about knowing something worth saying but afraid to say it because you will be killed? your another rumor waiting to surface

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    so you make a point about knowing something worth saying but afraid to say it because you will be killed? your another rumor waiting to surface
    *ahem*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

gizmo wrote: »

im on about the way hes saying he *knows* things
    when he knows sweet f all, thats how rumours start
    not on about 21st may ive seen that on the dashboard

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Whether the poster knows anything or not doesn't matter, the post is the same as no post..it's low level trolling :P

when he knows sweet f all

I work in the gaming industry, ta very much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Don't know if you guys already know but it was announced today the big reveal for the next Xbox will be May 21st. it was posted on the official Xbox facebook page.

61893_10151579519551023_954519514_n.jpg

Let's see how a console reveal should be, maybe showing the actual console ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

when he knows sweet f all, thats how rumours start
    not on about 21st may ive seen that on the dashboard

LOL! Oh the young post count! Hang around here for a while and you'll get the know whos who and who's full of BS and who to listen to.

He IS one of the latter mate.

Meh, the physical box is the least relevant part of the whole thing to be fair

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

hightower1 wrote: »
    LOL! Oh the young post count! Hang around here for a while and you'll get the know whos who and who's full of BS and who to listen to.

He IS one of the latter mate.

Ah heyor. No need for that post count Dick-swinging nonsense. Post count doesn't equal read-count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wonder what they'll reveal for this. Something is coming down the line with regards to accounts. They're making sure everyone's passwords are up to date and security proofed up to the hilt. Could be to make the transition smooth between consoles but I suspect it will also be to do what we have talked about previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I wont be paying much attention to either the Xbox 720 or PS4 until E3 has happened in June, once the public and gaming community on a whole have seen them first hand we all will know what we are dealing with.

• Advertisement

I wont be paying much attention to either the Xbox 720 or PS4 until E3 has happened in June, once the public and gaming community on a whole have seen them first hand we all will know what we are dealing with.

E3 isn't open to the public

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement