Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Sligo must be getting buried by the look of the radar! What's the bets it swings around towards Dublin, looks like it's going to give a pasting about 4:30 & then breaks up! I'll probably set the alarm anyway. I'm off, night all enjoy your sneachta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

holy smokes, never seen this much snow fall before.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

It's pretty rough out there at the mo propper blizzard, still only a couple of inches that i can see from the house (I aint going out there!) I'ts blowing about like sand on a beach in the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Heavy snow shower in waterford city at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Nothing has happened in Navan in the last couple of hours, just windy and cold.. Clear sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Snowing quite heavily here in leitrim at the moment. It had settled on the decking and patio table earlier but footpath was still clear, but everywhere is very white now :) i love the snow but i have a relation flying into knock on friday so i hope it is clear by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sniper Alert

Hate the snow. I'm just back from work (lorry driver) and its like an ice rink out there. Thank god I'm not on last week's duty,leave Athlone at 3am and head to Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

nothing here in north Dublin with time running out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

netbeatz wrote: »
    Heavy snow shower in waterford city at the moment
    And left a couple of cm on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Weird weather here in Sligo. Every few minutes we're getting a serious fall of graupel / massive hailstones.

So much so the noise would give you an awful start. Had couple of flashes of lightning and thunder as well.

Would love an hour or two of beautiful soft white stuff to fall out that foundation layer but we'll see what the Atlantic brings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

A good 3 to 4 inches everywhere here. I just looked out abd tried to guess from car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Just woke up to a lovely covering of snow. The most I've seen here in the west for a long time. Mayo. Lets hope there's no school closures today.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

nothing here in north Dublin with time running out!

should be some coming your way from Meath going by the radar...

snowing heavily here in cork:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Still snowing here in Mallow and temp -1c, although it very light at the mo. A few centimeters has stuck, so unless the temp picks up or it buckets down with rain, its going to be a bit dodgy around here come the commute time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Maybe 2 inches of snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

cant believe it just woke up to snow :D:D:D:D:D

should be some coming your way from Meath going by the radar...
    last minute avaporation issues on that showers south part in particular, will be flurry at best here.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Had a passing snow shower in Navan

more snow in cork city :D best night ever

• Advertisement

Absolutely guaranteed i get hammered by the rain showers later today!

blizzard conditions :D love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

There was a light flurry a while ago here in Dublin but the stickosity was non existant!

Blizzards? Buried?? :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

Couple of cm here in tullamore and much of Offaly
    Waitig on a bus to Dublin now am I in for a long journey ? What's conditions like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Anyone know what the Drogheda area is like? Due to drive home from work at 8. Too tired to be dealing with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    snowing heavily here in cork:D

If it snowing in Cork it must be good lol. Ireland gets it for a change:D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Looks like the only snow we had was midnight last night . Only light snow on cars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

looks like a few cm here in Newry. Wasn't expecting much snow to be honest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No new snow here during the night. Still have snow covering to grass, cars, roofs, etc. Just meleted from roads and pavements.

-0.3c DP -1.4c atm.

Looking at the radar sequence, some places should have got quite a pasting of snow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Just woke up to heavy-ish snow in Kilkenny. Caught me by surprise :eek:
    Maybe an inch on the ground? Less probably.

Chzykry.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement