Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Severe Wintry Conditions With Strong Winds. (High Risk-Ulster, Connaught)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Woke up to a winter wonderland this morning :) Wasn't expecting it so it was a nice suprise! It wasn't so nice though having to clear the snow from my car :(!

It was snowing heavily when I was leaving for work but once I got out to the other side of the city (southside) it had turned to sleety rain!

Ah well, I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

It was hammering down with snow in around Caragh and Sallins not so long ago, looks like more is on the way too

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

About an inch in Drogheda and just started snowing again. Great to look at. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

And stopped, can see blue sky ah well lovely while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

On our third fairly heavy shower here in Rathangan since around 7am. It was patchy blue skies about ten minutes ago. Not now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

okay these new code orange, yellow and red alerts are overrated on the radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

stopped in Delgany..short and sharp..... can see meaty showers running about five miles off the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

one or two flakes stuck to the cars here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Was around 0.5cm in Ashbourne, not a sausage (but plenty of ice) in Ballymun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

Good inch here, happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

A good bit of snow in Cavan this morning. Is this it or is there meant to be more today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Got caught in a fairly heavy snow shower between Slieverue and Mooncoin this morning, not too bad the rest of the way to Carrick-on-Suir. Snow and slush built up along the roads in the usual places. Passed two cars that looked like they had gone out of control and ended up stuck in the built up snow at the side of the road, don't know what the hell they were doing to end up in that situation :rolleyes:

Anyone know if there'll be any heavy showers during the rest of today down this direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sun had come out now and it's starting to melt :( Still a few flakes in the wind though despite clear sky so I'm slightly hopeful of another shower.

Just opened my blinds in work and looked out, fairly decent amount falling in Carrick-on-Suir now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Was useless stuff in D24 this morning. By 7am it had compacted into an icy snow mix, mostly solid and slippery rather than soft and fluffy. No more than 1cm of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Lethal stuff on the footpaths & in the estates up here this morning. Hard and icy. Nearly went on my ear a few times.

2 miles down the road in Dundrum and it's like nothing happened - sunny and dry. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Sun had come out now and it's starting to melt :( Still a few flakes in the wind though despite clear sky so I'm slightly hopeful of another shower.

And it has started again! Plenty of cloud cover now, hopefully it stays that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Torque.ie

East Cost streamers tonight anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pseudoname

Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

We got about 2 inches of snow here youghal/Dungarvan area. Really alpine lookin here now as we are up high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

As per section 1.4.122 of the charter - which states, "pics or GTFO" (not really in the charter)

I need a shorter username.

239656.jpg

Heavy snowfall in Carrick-on-Suir now. Fingers crossed I don't get stuck in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nice couple of inches in athlone. Had a great snowball fight with the neighbours kids before work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Nice dusting in Athlone. A couple of cm on the ground but more than an inch on top of the cars. Took a while to sweep off and get ready for the trip to work. Pics to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Snowing heavily here now and settling easily
    1.4/-0.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

whitebriar wrote: »
    1.4/-0.5
    I wonder whee is "here"

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭El Ninotorres

whitebriar wrote: »
    1.4/-0.5

Where is 'here' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Just look at his location which is under his name :

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LittleGarry

Where is 'here' ?

Looking at the OP's Location I would suggest maybe Arklow?!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Where is 'here' ?
    2 miles west of Arklow co Wicklow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement