Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I'm wearing... ***NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

blindsider wrote: »
    Gorgeous! Really lovely.

IME Tag's get noticed, and very little else. I've seen people drool over a €1k Tag, and were completely unmoved by a Rolex (neither was mine).

The Rolex owner and I had a quiet, and, admittedly slightly superior, smirk and a chat later on. (I Know, I shouldn't have....:-(

I've also seen the 'fashion stuff' get noticed. Wimmins love Michael Kors, and I've seen people openly admire a Daniel Wellington watch.

Each to their own....

Standard complaint from a WIS when dealing with "normies"!
    Last place i worked was full of quartz TAG's, which i was often informed were way better watches than my seiko's, which i was told were cheap Chinese mass produced rubbish, and my stowa flieger, as it was a "no name brand".

Doesnt matter, Im happier with my alpinist than an overpriced Quartz anyday, You also find the people who notice big brands, and badmouth seikos as cheap, or more boutique brands as unknown rubbish, well they usually have strong uninformed opinions and really dont want to know any better so i usually dont waste my time. Smug inner superiority works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

I was wearing my orange PO and the wife of a friend of mine (around 45 ish) asked if it was a Michael kors. I said no and she looked disappointed....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

[IMG][/img]IMG_20160117_150918_zpsszb05zlz.jpg

Keeping with my Japan theme

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

love the shiny dial on those

my want had gone away and now its back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

fluffer wrote: »
    Keeping with my Japan theme

Green with envy for a couple of reasons there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

My Stowa has had hardly any wrist time since I bought it, 'twas time to blow the cobwebs of it!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Speedy on a new corduroy strap. Love this combination.

image.jpg
    imagehost

image.jpg
    image url

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

^^^Scrolled down,
    Saw the kid,
    then the watch,
    and out of the corner of my eye, as I was looking at the watch,
    saw the brown stuff,
    took a second or two to realize the brown stuff was tea, nothing whatsoever to do with the kid.
    Like the strap:D.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    ^^^Scrolled down,
    Saw the kid,
    then the watch,
    and out of the corner of my eye, as I was looking at the watch,
    saw the brown stuff,
    took a second or two to realize the brown stuff was tea, nothing whatsoever to do with the kid.
    Like the strap:D.

Brown stuff is coffee after sitting for a while but very observant all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Ionised

New arrival today.
    Had my eye out for one for a while....this ended up at a good price. Bracelet needs a little polish in places otherwise unmarked.

24545287959_ebb0c7aa61_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Ionised wrote: »
    New arrival today.
    Had my eye out for one for a while....this ended up at a good price. Bracelet needs a little polish in places otherwise unmarked.

Always liked them, just felt that the hands could be bigger to match the large numbers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Always liked them, just felt that the hands could be bigger to match the large numbers

I know what you mean. The dial is way fussier than I usually go for but something about it just drew me in. Maybe the difference in the brushed case and polished bezel.

Who knows...it's just...right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Ionised wrote: »
    I know what you mean. The dial is way fussier than I usually go for but something about it just drew me in. Maybe the difference in the brushed case and polished bezel.

Who knows...it's just...right!

very nice....where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? will definitely be adding a Hamilton to my stable at some stage....

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    very nice....where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? will definitely be adding a Hamilton to my stable at some stage....

Followed a few on Ebay to get an idea of prices. This one was in the UK (loads in US) and appeared well looked after. Bid to my limit and bada bing!

Going for the John Major look today... Grey on grey. Admiralty grey nato on the moon.

image.jpg
    upload pics

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

An Orient Blue Mako with a Blue Calfskin alligator embossed BOB handmade Marino strap, my first mod, will post pics when I hit 20 posts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Two of my battery boyos died today within minutes of each other. :eek: Solar flare or somesuch. Luckily both take the same 344 battery and I had two of said Renatas laying about.

d8o04.jpg

Batteries seem to last about a year in each, though the Bulova lasts a little longer than the Longines. Prices on those Longines have gone mad in the last while. I saw one go through a week ago, well ropey dial and hands and it went for 700 euros in auction. :eek: Well over double and not far south of triple what they were going for two years ago.

They differ slightly in setting and the Longines ESA movements(like the Accutrons) have a delayed reaction of about 3 seconds when you pull the crown and when you push it back in. So a bit of a bugger to sync. The Bulova starts and stops instantly, like you'd expect. The Accuquartz is also the quietest tuning fork watch I've ever heard. Barely audible. You can hear the Longines in the dead of night.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I had to keep my tuning fork Accutron in the spare room at night otherwise it sounded like a low flying mozzie. Now I quite miss it and it's hum!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wearing the hummer again today.

egpa37.jpg

It's a right bugger to get a picture of. It seems designed to be as legible as possible for the Mark 1 Human Eyeball, for cameras not so much. Head on the polished indices tend to go dark, off angle all you can see is the polished stuff. Still, it remains very legible and the florescent orange minute hand is always visible. With the original tritium lume glowing it must have been great for diving in low light.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

The speedmaster is quite possibly the most beautiful watch I've ever clapped eyes on. What a beauty.

Sadly, the price is beyond me so I think I might go for a Seiko SBPP001.
    IMG_6033_DxO.jpg

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Been enjoying this one for the last few days.

20160215_151811_zpsqkabe4qw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

My two-pence worth. Liking both of these so much it's interfering with my leaving home time each morning:

20160223_095800_zpsi2pfo5o5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I don't recall wearing any of my other watches since buying this in July last year.

chypx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's another Speedy day for me. Love this watch more and more. Next step will be to get the case fixed

SJJUTmTl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My usual Seiko, I gave it a good clean today, I put some automotive wax on the crystal being careful it didn't get into any crevices. It would reflect lasers its that shiny.

_20160226_121212.jpg
    _20160226_121132.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Great looking watch Stereo. Seiko knocking it out of the park as usual.

@Dudara, have you tried polywatch to get the scratches off the cystal? The speedies are acrylic if memory serves.

My usual Seiko, I gave it a good clean today, I put some automotive wax on the crystal being careful it didn't get into any crevices. It would reflect lasers its that shiny.
    I've used that car lens cleaner on my crystals too and madder I've used polywatch on my car lenses. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Wibbs wrote: »
    I've used that car lens cleaner on my crystals too and madder I've used polywatch on my car lenses. :eek: :D

Abit of wax on the crystal won't do any harm at all. Really blinged it up :D. Window cleaner worked well for me to.

dudara wrote: »
    It's another Speedy day for me. Love this watch more and more. Next step will be to get the case fixed

SJJUTmTl.jpg

I see you were watching p0rn when you took that pic.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I see you were watching p0rn when you took that pic.... :)

We need to get a series of pictures of infinite reflections! (if you get me)

Advertisement