Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I'm wearing... ***NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

those 1963 are lovely and they have 42mm aswell..great dress watch

The Pammy is very tempting...

Wonders should I spend all ,my funds on one Pam???

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

My Seiko Pogue got a 40th birthday pressie on the house from nato strapco, so I'm wearing it today, thanks Rob.:)

384971.JPG

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Liking the Pogue. Works on the Nato too IMH. The Aussie ones have the black inner bezel do they not?

Speaking of Natos..

384972.jpg

Always have this one in weekly rotation. I find out of all of them I rotate about five and the same five. I'd throw in my Heuer 1550SG if I could get it sorted out locally, but sadly have yet to find anybody. I'd come down with cardiac apoplexy if I had to post it. :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Thanks for fixing the photo Wibbs, yes its supposed to be Australian, but much more likely to be a Philippines special, it's very hard to tell these days. If somebody puts together genuine original pieces from 6 different watches and the various bits are all correct for the serial number on the back, is it still genuine?
    TBH I didn't do too much research before I bought it, just liked the blue/black bezel because it was different.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Picked myself up a bargain! Impressed with quality!

Will see if I bond now!

385001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Seems to be NATO week.

385013.jpg

Thanks Wibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

So my new watch got a new strap today...

26314054233_41a1c65fcd_c.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have such a gra for the Citizens I have to say. For me, tif I'm being honest, they often, if not usually edge out the Seikos.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,284 ✭✭✭Homer

1-blasphemer.jpg

874373e02670ed8e4c1381f3f4a9d68b.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have such a gra for the Citizens I have to say. For me, tif I'm being honest, they often, if not usually edge out the Seikos.

I have a new Citizen incoming, but you'll have to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Wibbs wrote: »
    I don't have much experience with them (yet :p), but I also got a second hand Seiko at the same time and gave it to my OH. A lovely watch, with the 7T92 Chronograph movement, a good bit smaller than the Citizen though. Apart from the Citizen being a little more advanced with its perpetual calendar and Eco-Drive, I think it is more accurate than the Seiko. It only gains about a second or so per week. Seiko is great, but I see the Citizen has the edge on the accuracy side. And... the hands are precisely aligned (can be adjusted) and the minute hand moves every 15 sec., etc...
    If you are an engineering type person you are going to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Back on the wrist after a few months in the box.

Speedy Moonwatch on Brown Hirsch Liberty strap.

28sbjap.jpg

Looks good MB is the liberty strap rubber backed?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My everyday Fossil

Love this watch, so comfortable to wear.

b4fep0.jpg

On another note the strap on one of my Armani watches broke last week, watch fell to the ground and one of the hour markers has popped out, also the minute had has come loose and flops around :(

Any recommendations for repairs in Dublin City center?

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looks good MB is the liberty strap rubber backed?

Nope... Just one piece of leather.

http://www.hirschstraps.com/collections/leather-hirsch-straps/products/hirsch-liberty-leather-watch-strap-brown

I had a quick google and some places show the price of it at around €40 or so but I don't think I gave that much for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Armani

6dv3bk.jpg

Tissot

148p2bo.jpg

My broken Armani :(

34nnyih.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

IMG_20160510_201646_zpsrxagmobq.jpg

I just popped into the Omega boutique in Geneva and got myself a new strap and deployant.

fluffer wrote: »

I just popped into the Omega boutique in Geneva and got myself a new strap and deployant.

Love that GSOM...

Love that GSOM...

It's really cool looking isn't it !

What's the ref for that strap fluffer ? It looks great, is it suede ?

• Advertisement

It's a distressed brown leather outer with a black leather inner.
    The strap and deployant are standard on the Speedmaster Dark Side of The Moon Vintage Edition 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fluffer wrote: »
    It's a distressed brown leather outer with a black leather inner.
    The strap and deployant are standard on the Speedmaster Dark Side of The Moon Vintage Edition 2016.

hmm that looks nice, dare i ask how much, i quite fancy a deployant for mine

omega are replacing the gator on my GSOTM FOC as there is a manufacturing flaw on it

Cyrus wrote: »
    hmm that looks nice, dare i ask how much, i quite fancy a deployant for mine

For info... I picked up my Omega Deployant (ref: 94521813) on TZ-UK for £125. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than getting it from Cousins (£271) or Ofrei ($359) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

For info... I picked up my Omega Deployant (ref: 94521813) on TZ-UK for £125. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than getting it from Cousins (£271) or Ofrei ($359) etc.

cheers

i dont think there are too many grey side of the moon deployants going s/h however:D

Cyrus wrote: »
    cheers

i dont think there are too many grey side of the moon deployants going s/h however:D

Oh I didn't know there was a special deployant for the GSOM. In that case ye better get saving.

ya see...

Now I want one...

I wonder is Hirsch making them for Omega?

Well I paid 410CHF for the ceramic deployant specific to the 21x18 Speedmaster DSOTM.
    The leather strap was 250CHF.
    Total 660CHF with 50 tax refund.
    So I paid 610CHF = 550 Euro.

Checking prices elsewhere was almost moot because I believe it to be nigh-on impossible to find on a walk-in basis. Saying that I don't think I was fleeced --too-- badly.

(deployant reference: 025ctz002303)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭PMBC

Today, or I should say this morning, I was wearing an Omega Seamaster from the 1980s. It stopped so I tried on my old watch, a Citizen Quartz stainless steel model, which wouldn't run as the battery is probably dead. Now I'm wearing a David Welington on loan from my son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Although I like eating oysters, I'm never likely to be 2,000ft under the sea needing a Rolex Oyster.

On the other hand, today I'll be taking out my barbeque for the 1st time this year, and I'm proudly wearing my "Sauce Resistant" GrillTimer!

26898783071_3470730ce4_z_d.jpg

Advertisement