Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Just watched it, kinda hoped the Uriah v Bubba fight would have gone on a bit longer.

I wonder how bad they are making Bubba look with edits?
    ie making he seem really pathetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Really enjoying this series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Holy ****, just...wow.
    Anyone notice that bubba almost seemed relieved after? I've disliked this guy all season but I really felt for him after that. He was joking and laughing after getting knocked out.

Really like uriah, the guy is a ****in beast but he's cool as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

I have no doubt in my mind Dylan, my favourite fighter in the house is going out by the hand of Hall, the best fighter in the house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

The only thing we now know is that Uriah is going to put Andrews in hospital. Dana said at the start of the season that someone put 3 people in hospital in 3 consecutive fights. Last night marked the 2nd
    I think he broke the arm of the guy in the prelims, so Bubba was the third to go to hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I think he broke the arm of the guy in the prelims, so Bubba was the third to go to hospital.

Shows how tough that guy was in the prelims to hang with him so long, and in fairness, I thought Cella was doing okay up until the kick landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Ush1 wrote: »
    Shows how tough that guy was in the prelims to hang with him so long, and in fairness, I thought Cella was doing okay up until the kick landed.

Yeah I agree. Hall looks great on TUF, but look up his fights with top class opposition in Chris Weidman and Costas Phillippou if you want to put things into a better perspective. Although granted he did well in the Costas fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

There's nothing wrong with losing to Chris Weidmann. In fact, there's nothing wrong with losing at all. All of the top fighters have losses on their records.

Also, whether he goes on to win the tournament or not, he'll get a contract, he'll train with the best and he'll start fighting guys at a really decent level.

All of this will mean that he, at 27/28, can really improve and become a top top fighter.

Having said all that, I don't think we've seen enough of him to know how good/average he really is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Carlos Condit's "wtf" face was priceless.

A good deal easier to beat guys who are beating themselves before stepping in with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

It looked to me like bubba got a bit of a poke in the eye before the knockout blow - that's why he was complaining of pain in his eye. that's what I thought anyway.

dana wanted a samman hall final right from the start. hell be fairly pissed if Dylan or kelvin manage to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

sonic85 wrote: »
    It looked to me like bubba got a bit of a poke in the eye before the knockout blow - that's why he was complaining of pain in his eye. that's what I thought anyway.

dana wanted a samman hall final right from the start. hell be fairly pissed if Dylan or kelvin manage to win

If I had to guess I'd say it was the fact that his face was literally broken in three places.

Also, I doubt Bubba is as bad a personality as he came across in the show.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Arm crank into GnP... from the bottom. Holy ****

Also i'd say dana is fuming at Josh :D

Felt bad for Dylan, he had no offence but he is a tough bastard to go in there, knowing what Hall was able to do, ie. take peoples heads off. Also can we be done with spoilers, the show is over?

genuine surprise and I'm very happy for KG in the first fight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

UncleChael wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Hall looks great on TUF, but look up his fights with top class opposition in Chris Weidman and Costas Phillippou if you want to put things into a better perspective. Although granted he did well in the Costas fight.

He fought Chris and Costa after just 4 fights. He likely wasn't trainging at a top gym either. His time in the house should improve him a lot, as will what ever team he joins afterwards.

Andersen Silva lost a decision early in his career. It means little in the overall scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I'm delighted Kelvin made it through. It will make for a much more exciting finale. Uriah would have finished Josh within 2 minutes imo.

Kelvin on the other hand will be no walk in the park for him. After Dylan Andrews he was the fighter I enjoyed watching the most this season. He was last pick for his team and he made the oppositions 2nd and 3rd picks look very poor by comparison.

Consistently underestimated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

11/4 Kelvin with Paddy Power. Decent odds in my view. I might have a small interest. I accept Uriah is the deserved favourite but the occasion may get to him.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    11/4 Kelvin with Paddy Power. Decent odds in my view. I might have a small interest. I accept Uriah is the deserved favourite but the occasion may get to him.

Deffo worth a punt at that price. Bookies must have him written off entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Any word on whether the two lads have joined teams since the show. I was actually clapping the TV when Kelvin beat Josh. Minicain ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anybody predicting Kelvin to surprise us tonight?

Hall looks the real deal in fairness

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »

I think Kelvin is infinitely better than anyone has so far given him credit for. I think overall he faced far more difficult opposition in the house than Uriah.

He totally dominated Bubba and Josh and got the second best KO of the season against the other guy (Colin Hart's his name I think). Its a 50/50 fight for me. But my heart always makes my decisions for me so I'm backing Kelvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

dave1982 wrote: »

Wouldnt be surprised, Hall is definately not a mortgage job. Remember Ricci and Smith, not many gave smith a chance but the wrestling was superior and i think Gastelum is similarly a superior wrestler here. Also Hall seemed slightly out of sorts before the stoppage. Or maybe it was just a different game plan but imo the stoppage only really came about because Andrews literally ran out of gas which gave Hall the key to pound away from his back.

What time (GMT/Irish) are the facebook fights starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Why is bubba v Gilbert on the main card?
    Out of all the tuf guys on tonight I though they were by far the poorest.

^agreed, much more interested to see how Dylan and Clint get on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Ian Whelan wrote: »

im on him too at 3s (bet365)
    it way too big to ignore

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Prelims have already started, youtube link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn5pQVQ0pxk

slick submission by Pineda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

FOTN candidate there shirley

That was a quality bout.

• Advertisement