Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Bubbas WIN over a man with Organ failure - wtf. should count as a no contest IMO, he should have to fight a healthy opponent. wasn't very gracious in his victory either really, must be a bit of stinger to find out your opponent wasn't fit for the fight. Cant wait for Uriah to Fight Him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Bubbas WIN over a man with Organ failure - wtf. should count as a no contest IMO, he should have to fight a healthy opponent. wasn't very gracious in his victory either really, must be a bit of stinger to find out your opponent wasn't fit for the fight. Cant wait for Uriah to Fight Him!

Why are we spoilering an episode that aired?

Bubba is a joke though i agree with you.

I guess Dana put him up against Uriah to get rid of him and also to try for a Uriah/Sammon grudge match final.

The first round before King Casey's kidney failed Bubba looked terrified on his back.
    Never seen a pro MMA fighter looked so hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I was just using the spoiler tag encase anyone hadn't seen it just yet, force of habit from another Site I use to watch MMA. only got around to seeing this show today.

agreed - It will be a good way to get rid of him, would hate to see it him go all the way by pure Fluke (which wouldn't be likely, but stranger things have happened)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is it just me or is it blatantly obvious, after watching episode 10 that
    Bubba doesn't fight Uriah in episode 11 and Clint Hester takes his place?
    Preview showed no footage of Bubba vs Uriah and we plainly saw Clint on a treadmill in a sweatsuit cutting weight. Or is it all for show, and he comes through at the last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I hope you're right.
    It would sum Bubba up perfectly. Acting the big man after scraping a win over a guy with kidney failure, then cacking himself at the thought of fighting someone actually dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

John_D80 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it blatantly obvious, after watching episode 10 that
    Bubba doesn't fight Uriah in episode 11 and Clint Hester takes his place?
    Preview showed no footage of Bubba vs Uriah and we plainly saw Clint on a treadmill in a sweatsuit cutting weight. Or is it all for show, and he comes through at the last minute?

my exact thoughts watching the preview of the next episode.

Have to say I was incredibly impressed with
    Dylan Andrews win over Luke, Dylan has been my favourite since day one, he's not the most gifted or athletic fighter, I think 170 would be a better weight for him but the man has heart. I had a sneaking suspicion at the start of the show he would go far from the way he was talking (I know talk is cheap) but he has proven himself

@weemcd: totally agree on that. He's one of the rare ones on that show that doesn't make me cringe when he speaks about his motivation for being there.

Awesome performance in the final round of his quarter final fight as well. Real grit. Very impressive, and a lot of the so called favourites will be taking notice now if they weren't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Luke v Dylan

What a fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

at the time I didn't think the fight needed the 3rd round as I thought Dylan had won, but now I'm delighted it went to the 3rd for the stoppage, really hope Andrews has a successful career, more than anyone in the house, although I do want to see Hall unleashed in the UFC too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

If Bubba pulls out if the fight with Uriah, i can never see him fighting in any major promotion ever again. the man is a clown plain and simple. Great fights altogether in this episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Team Jones is a joke. On three "champs"...Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Team Jones is a joke. On three "champs"...Jaysus!

So? Didn't see anything wrong with that.

As for Bubba and Uriah next week
    The video redman85 posted above confirms that they do indeed fight, there's a split second shot of them fighting

Roar wrote: »

Well spotted, I think you're right.

So? Didn't see anything wrong with that.

The video redman85 posted above confirms that they do indeed fight, there's a split second shot of them fighting

Yus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaffa3893

But Bubba fought Casey? And that guy in the video sure looks like him

jaffa3893 wrote: »
    But Bubba fought Casey? And that guy in the video sure looks like him

Racist! All black people do not look the same!

Seriously though even if Bubba does end up fighting Uriah he's a joke and has no place in the pro MMA world.

What professional fighter would be quaking in their boots and nearly crying at the prospect of a one-on-one bout in the Octagon?

What a prat.

welkin wrote: »
    Racist! All black people do not look the same!

Seriously though even if Bubba does end up fighting Uriah he's a joke and has no place in the pro MMA world.

What professional fighter would be quaking in their boots and nearly crying at the prospect of a one-on-one bout in the Octagon?

What a prat.

Honestly think that he must be getting paid to be a prick, nobody can be that idiotic.

At least learn how to talk trash, pity he isn't in Chaels camp actually.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

it was hall in that video not casey so he must go through with it. all this tutting and acting the bollocks is just for the ratings anyway.

bubba probably just realises hes out of his depth. hes been poor enough and knows if he fights half arsed against Uriah hell get KTFO. I don't think theres many lads professional fighters or not that would look at halls ko over cella and not be slightly apprehensive.

I cant remember now but did anybody request a fight with hall in the meeting with dana? I don't think anyone in that house would actively seek him out - before the finale anyway.

great season so far - one of the best I can remember in a long time. didn't really see the need to shoehorn ronda rousey into the episode though but sure I suppose she had to make an appearance at some stage

sonic85 wrote: »
    didn't really see the need to shoehorn ronda rousey into the episode though but sure I suppose she had to make an appearance at some stage

I heard she is going to be a coach in the next TUF.

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »

I cant remember now but did anybody request a fight with hall in the meeting with dana? I don't think anyone in that house would actively seek him out - before the finale anyway.

Collin Hart did, I think?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yea, pretty sure he did. Although, I think he only did it as a front for the coaches/Dana. Don't think he actually wanted to fight him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

John_D80 wrote: »
    I heard she is going to be a coach in the next TUF.

that would explain it alright!
    Yea, pretty sure he did. Although, I think he only did it as a front for the coaches/Dana. Don't think he actually wanted to fight him

forgot about that. at least somebody wanted to give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaffa3893

ronda rousey is fully confirmed as the next coach, along with the winner of miesha tate vs cat zingago! its going to be a coed of house of male and female 135 fighters

Who's tapped Rousey anyone know?

Heard the likes of the Reem and Cowboy Cerrone have boned Arriany, just wondering have any fighters done the deed with Rhonda?!

Dear god

Bubba v Uriah video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaQpc3zhrg&feature=youtu.be

That is VISCOUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Dear god

Bubba v Uriah video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhaQpc3zhrg&feature=youtu.be

That is VISCOUS.

I'll put this in a spoiler just in case.
    I don't think that knock out is as bad as the editors would have us believe.

Yes it was a nice punch and knocked him clean out but we see stuff like that every week. The way they edit it showing Bubba recovering and complaining about his eye just make it seem worse that what we usually see. I'd say it's a broken orbital for Bubba.

As annoying as Josh is outside the cage, he's got good skill in the cage. He was very active off he back. I know his guard was constantly passed but he was never in any real danger.

Nice finish too. Kelvin really gave up when Josh took his back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The only thing we now know is that Uriah is going to put Andrews in hospital. Dana said at the start of the season that someone put 3 people in hospital in 3 consecutive fights. Last night marked the 2nd

Not a great performance from
    Quinlan, just quit after taking a few shots. Although I hate Samman, credit to him. Seems to be a decent prospect.
    Glad Bubba lost. The guy was a chump that stole a real good potential opportunity from Clint

Don't worry, Bubba, you can always get work as a crazed Redneck in the horror movies!

KGoCoCQ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

fantastic knock out again by uriah, assume it will be him the final against sammon and then its boom goes the dynamite!!

Advertisement