Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 17

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Found it a bit disappointing tbh, I was excited to see him fight after seeing the prelim bouts early in the season. I'd say he's a shoe-in for the wildcard though. Not impressed by the lad that won it at all.

They seem to be editing Bubba in anytime the wildcard is mentioned.

Remember these things are edited after they know who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Will spoiler this for those who haven't watched yet
    Bubba and Kevin next week should be great. And voice over man promised one of the most shocking ever finishes in TUF history (or something). Clint looked like he was about to cry when Jones picked Bubba, what an incredible kick in the balls that must be.

As for the fight tonight, nothing special at all, Josh was awful off his back and did absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Roar wrote: »
    Bubba and Kevin next week should be great. And voice over man promised one of the most shocking ever finishes in TUF history (or something). Clint looked like he was about to cry when Jones picked Bubba, what an incredible kick in the balls that must be.

As for the fight tonight, nothing special at all, Josh was awful off his back and did absolutely nothing.
    I really hope Bubba loses, I don't he deserved that spot anymore than anyone else, and I think he's full of it. It's all favouritism much as Jones tried to make out like it was a tough decision. It wasn't, he was always picking the guy from his training camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Roar wrote: »

[
    spoiler]Bubba and Kevin next week should be great. And voice over man promised one of the most shocking ever finishes in TUF history (or something). Clint looked like he was about to cry when Jones picked Bubba, what an incredible kick in the balls that must be.

[/SPOILER]

I think the voice over guy would say mass if he was told to.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Impressed by the way Andrews carries himself, I've been rooting for him since his interview from the first episode. Seems like a genuine and cool person, he's a complete culture clash with a lot of the others in the house.

He showed grit in that win, i thought he ate a few strikes from a guy who could punch a lot harder than him but hung on and showed grit to turn the tide of the first round and dominate the second.

not to worried about the wildcard fight, but after that it all gets very interesting. Chael is a great coach, no doubt about it. Pity Jones is going to decimate him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Had a good laugh off the coaches challenge. Chael is a very very funny man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

gimmick wrote: »

Yes, it was a good laugh but nothing will ever rival the comedic value of Roy "Big Country" Nelson doing the 400 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

gimmick wrote: »
    I think his Yushin Okami story is hilariously brilliant. The story starts a minute into the video.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just caught up on ep 7&8 last night. Total joke of a wildcard pick IMO. Bubba never deserved that. Put on a terrible performance and got showed up by Chaels last pick (IIRC).

Clint totally deserved another shot.

OMG, women's Ultimate fighter announced, and men and women in the same house!!

Jeeez they're getting desperate for ratings here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cfPT7kild6A

• Advertisement

welkin wrote: »
    OMG, women's Ultimate fighter announced, and men and women in the same house!!

Jeeez they're getting desperate for ratings female fighters here.

FYP.

Makes sense.

FYP.

Makes sense.

I've no quarrel with female fighters it's the "big brother/talafornia" bull**** they're aiming for putting them all in the same house.

I genuinely think it's more to do with generating a bigger interest in womens MMA and at the same time, getting more into the UFC.

Obviously they're not stupid and will market this to the best of their ability but I really don't think this is a money hungry operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

It makes sense having male and female fighters in the one house. They probably figure that a female only TUF might not get many viewers. But the people tuning in to watch regular TUF will get interested in the female side of it too as they'll have no choice but to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I think his Yushin Okami story is hilariously brilliant. The story starts a minute into the video.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

On the whole women's TUF thing......does anybody know if Ais Daly is gonna try out?
    I know its not her weight class but it'd be a massive opportunity for her and a chance to get another Irish face recognised by the UFC.

Anderson Silva got all his picks wrong lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

El Guapo! wrote: »
    On the whole women's TUF thing......does anybody know if Ais Daly is gonna try out?
    I know its not her weight class but it'd be a massive opportunity for her and a chance to get another Irish face recognised by the UFC.
    Most TUF fighters do seem to do the show a weight class above their normal fighting weight classes, presumably because of how draining it would be to cut weight two or three times in the space of a few weeks on top of training. And she does walk around close to 135 so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility.. I'm just speculating here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Her last fight was at a catchweight of 120lbs with a view to moving to 115lbs, I believe. So I can't see any sense in her even bothering about it as she'd be outsized by a considerable amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

She wouldn't be outsized by much considering the average cast member will be more like a natural 125 than 135, and she herself walks around in the 130-135 range. A lot of people would be willing to give up a size disadvantage for the exposure associated with the UFC (see also: Sheila Gaff)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Bubba looked like he had knocked out Anderson silva. Absolutely hope he gets knocked the F**k out sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Steve O wrote: »
    Bubba looked like he had knocked out Anderson silva. Absolutely hope he gets knocked the F**k out sometime.

Considering he's fighting
    Uriah Hall I doubt this will be a problem, he freezes up like he did in that fight and Hall will take his head off, I've no doubt about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

weemcd wrote: »
    Uriah Hall I doubt this will be a problem, he freezes up like he did in that fight and Hall will take his head off, I've no doubt about this
    Bloody espn cut out the recording before it got to choosing fights. That has made my day.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Yes, it was a good laugh but nothing will ever rival the comedic value of Roy "Big Country" Nelson doing the 400 metres.

Bisping falling off the table hocky table has to be the funniest moment ever

Espn cut off my recording too, Does anyone know did they just announce one fight pick or the others too?

The way that fight ended was a total joke. How pissed would you be not to get the wildcard pick and then see that happen...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

weemcd wrote: »

Just in case some haven't seen it by now:
    I was delighted with that! Hall will show him up for what he is.

As for the way this week's fight ended, well ... I don't think Kevin should have got the wild card to begin with, would rather have seen Tor or Clint get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

As for the end of the fight, check out Casey's twitter for an explanation

https://twitter.com/kevinkocasey

wow
    acute renal failure

Tor should have got that wildcard though.

Can't wait to see Uriah roundhouse kick Bubba's ugly face off his shoulders.

Dana's really starting to annoy me. He's getting more and more obsessed with brutal KOs.( says me after above comment lol)He seems intent on turning the UFc into a bloodsport and cutting Fitch just backs up this.
    I don't think he really even understands what goes on in the ring tbh.
    Always harping on about fighters not making weight or giving up - sorry Dana, how many pro fights have you had? How many amateur fights even?

Seriously STFU.
    He's a bully and a mega-lol-maniac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

welkin wrote: »
    sorry Dana, how many pro fights have you had? How many amateur fights even?

He's got an amateur boxing record of 13-4 I think it was...

Check out his recent appearance on the Joe Rogan podcast where talks about sparring with Tito among other things!

Advertisement