Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: Turning Unsettled with Gales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The typical die out before Dublin has happened to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

ettravel wrote: »
    died down a bit now but Roof nearly off here in kldare
    Same here in Naas, violent wind mixed with severe showers

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

calming down but still gusty. can see lots of electric activity to my north

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

aboyro wrote: »
    calming down but still gusty. can see lots of electric activity to my north

Had two strikes right over the city here and a couple of more distant ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

intense 2 min rain shower just now!!!!!!!!

correction its f@@king belting down now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Very gusty wind here near Shercock Co. Cavan. Seriously strong sudden gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Did it die out ? sitting here waiting on it curtains open . It's gone eerily quiet here . wind and rain just stopped . hopefully the calm before the storm .

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

The activity seemed to be in fits and starts, but here ya go, heavy rain up to about 1:45. Beautiful CG bolt caught at 1:49 and some CC at 2:21.

As is always the case, you never catch the best stuff on camera! I have a few other clips, but it's mostly CC stuff, so doesn't look too impressive. The thunder wasn't particularly loud either, but I might try put together a medley tomorrow!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Holy fook. Woke to torrents, absolute torrents of hail and wind. Thought the windows were coming in. Alarm went off and kids freaking out. Never experienced the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ilikeyourcow

Couple of huge roars of thunder over waterford a little while agao!! Rain was nearly horizonital!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wow that woke me, wind, rain-sounded like hail and a clap of thunder. It sure was a squall.......utter silence now, like I dreamt it.
    Meath

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some light flickering here in the office (Dublin CC)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

the front has now passed and is moving into the Irish Sea but the wind seems to be much stronger behind the front which I find unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

A slow motion clip of the nice bolt from the last video:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Just gone to bed. Although the sky is clear we are still getting the occasional storm gust in the Limerick area. Saw no lighting or heard any thunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    A slow motion clip of the nice bolt from the last video:D

That lit the whole place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Girlfriend is saying it is crazy down in Connemara, widespread power cuts and steady violent gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

Is it skipping Dublin then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

alph wrote: »
    Is it skipping Dublin then?

Almost over Wales by now.

Almost over Wales by now.

You would not think that if you were in Mayo, its worse now than it has been in the last 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Christ almighty its awfully rough now here in mayo. Sounds and feels the worst in of all the storms the last few days. The windows are vibrating, at times the house seems to shake.

A 124km/hr gust at mace head recorded in last repots.

snaps wrote: »
    Christ almighty its awfully rough now here in mayo. Sounds and feels the worst in of all the storms the last few days. The windows are vibrating, at times the house seems to shake.

Just had a massive rumble of thunder here in castlebar, and another one on its way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ì have never in my life experienced anything like the wind we are currently experiencing here with me near the Donegal / Derry border, very scary stuff, crazy! It's woken me my and in my partners words, I'd sleep through an atomic bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

I'll second what Homer said, that was as bad a winds in east Donegal that I've heard for a while, anyone got any wind speeds for the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

martic wrote: »
    I'll second what Homer said, that was as bad a winds in east Donegal that I've heard for a while, anyone got any wind speeds for the area?

Gust of 67 Knots (125 km/h) at Malin Head in the last hour or so, but the winds inland would likely not be gusting quite that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Just lost the TV here.

Just lost the TV here.
    have you found it yet? Its a big thing to loose! Lots of homes in conemmara have no electric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

wind woke me up too but it was more down to the fact it was driving hail off my window,underslept and cranky now. highest gust in castlederg was 65mph so imagine it gusted to around 65-70mph in most inland northern regions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just want to say that The wind, rain, hail, thunder and lightening here in north meath was incredible this morning, started around 1.15 and just suddenly finished around 2, when the moon and stars appeared, not seen anything like it in years and Lightening was quite spectacular :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement