Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: Turning Unsettled with Gales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Cork Airport had a gust of 94 km/h reported in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

very windy here in Arklow, think my fence is going to blow down :( ..... and this is the calm before the (proper) storm :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Lovely squall line showing up in the front now, expecting it in next 20 mins, wind has really picked up here last half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Wind and rain very intense in Kildare, much earlier than anticipated. The next few days will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Squall has just roared through here, everything loose got picked up and back fence was shaking pretty good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Deank wrote: »
    Wind and rain very intense in Kildare, much earlier than anticipated. The next few days will be fun

Yes winds very strong here and rain lashing down a few house alarms have gone off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

BluesBerry wrote: »

Yes winds very strong here and rain lashing down a few house alarms have gone off

About 2min it was very bad in Palmerstown. I came here to see what was going on.

Ear plugs tonight then. Wind is still very heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very calm here in castlebar, hardly a breeze all day, lots of rain though, must be the calm before the storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Very strong gusts here near Tallaght . The sign poles in the car park were rattling like hell ! Even sitting in the car you can feel the gusts shaking the car from underneath . |It was dry all evening but starting to rain a little now .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not so much as a breeze in Galway!
    Very disappointed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Squall line went over here just about midnight. Me and the cat both staring at the skylight going "Good gods, is that going to hold?". Well, I was, he doesn't think much, but it still had his attention. I could see another heavy line coming in off the south-west just before raintoday lost Shannon radar agin...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Calm enough here in Shannon Co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

21j23k1.png

Squall line @ 23:45. Passed over Dublin city center @ 00:25 real intense downpour, did not last long.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

There should be some heavy showers heading into west in the coming hours and on into the morning. Some of them could well be thundery.

Winds shouldn't be bad tomorrow away from the west coast. Monday is the day we are looking to as being a possible stormy day, but its too soon to know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

pad199207 wrote: »
    Squall has just roared through here, everything loose got picked up and back fence was shaking pretty good!

Got that here shortly after you - most intense rain I've seen for a very long time in these parts. Very brief though, which I guess it the nature of such squalls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Rain has finally stopped here on the Mayo coast, to be replaced by some spectacular claps of thunder. Other than that it's eerily calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Plenty of claps of thunder in this relaxing setting of weather storms thunder and rain. For the storm lover.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nice line of rain coming in now on raintoday from the wesht -should be fun times ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Fairly windy here instead Galway now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,387 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Current suggested peak sustained winds and gusts from model consensus:

Monday 1100-1900h

.. northwest coast and hills 110 km/hr gusts to 150 km/hr
    .. south coast & exposed east 100 km/hr gusts to 130 km/hr
    .. less exposed inland 80 km/hr gusts to 110 km/hr

Tuesday 1400-2300h

.. northwest coast and hills 100 km/hr gusts to 130 km/hr
    .. south coast & exposed east 80 km/hr gusts to 110 km/hr
    ... less exposed inland 60 km/hr gusts to 80 km/hr

There is a slight trend in most models towards a weaker event Tuesday than Monday but the ECM does not support that trend. As a result, the Tuesday consensus should be increased 10-15 km/hr if you want to base the outlook mainly on the ECM.

A third peak in wind speeds can be expected Thursday (model solutions range from Wednesday night to Friday morning).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Very wind night here in West Limerick with lots of showers.

Recent hail shower here this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Think we had a couple of rumbles here in the night around 3am. Anyone else in Galway hear it. I was too cosy in the bed to look!!!

Met Eireann have downgraded winds for Monday.

Sea area forecast now mentions storm force only on the west coast not all coasts and the national forecast for tomorrow mentions just severe gusts only in exposed western areas, not damaging gusts.

I don't think its looking as bad as it was yesterday when they issued that warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Met Eireann have downgraded winds for Monday.

Sea area forecast now mentions storm force only on the west coast not all coasts and the national forecast for tomorrow mentions just severe gusts only in exposed western areas, not damaging gusts.

I don't think its looking as bad as it was yesterday when they issued that warning.

They don't go in to much detail about Tuesday's wind
    MT predicts gusts of 110-150 on latest model guidance so I expect met.ie will firm up their position later today

Good heavy hail shower here at the moment. No hint of thunder. Winds pretty much from the southwest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Think we had a couple of rumbles here in the night around 3am. Anyone else in Galway hear it. I was too cosy in the bed to look!!!

Didn't hear anything myself but there is some evidence of activity.
    http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Tactical wrote: »
    Good heavy hail shower here at the moment. No hint of thunder. Winds pretty much from the southwest.

Where is here Tactical?

Weathering wrote: »

They don't go in to much detail about Tuesday's wind
    MT predicts gusts of 110-150 on latest model guidance so I expect met.ie will firm up their position later today

There is more uncertainty with Tuesday on the models but the GFS shows it being a lot less windy than Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

The met office mentions severe gales for NI in the regional forecast for Tuesday but then when I click on Omagh the gusts are 15mph less than they were yesterday for Tuesday

• Advertisement

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Where is here Tactical?

Well my sig says Munster and my earlier post says West Limerick :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement