Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch: Turning Unsettled with Gales

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

All calm and bright again now in North Tipperary, that was some intense wind and rain that lasted maybe fifteen minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Funtimes with that Squall line in Dublin CC :eek:

Wind - Rain - Hail - Thunder !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

thundersnow.. havent seen this since 2010 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

M6 Buoy 11.3 m waves

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Snowing here in Blessington lovely surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Snow shower in Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

cyclops999 wrote: »
    M6 Buoy 11.3 m waves

11.8 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

One of the most insane showers I've ever experienced lasted all of 7/8mins
    The ground went from being completely wet to white within 15seconds
    the hail depth was 2inches,still white outside although it's melting
    2flashes of lightning,counted it both were less than 1 mile away
    then to top it all off it snowed for 5mins at the end of it
    Bipolar weather

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Downgrades of snow=bad Downgrades of damaging winds=good

I dont think it will be an uneventful week nontheless
    Agreed, I see downgrading of that storm as an upgrade in the forecast!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Gust of 58knots at Mace Head http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Met Éireann has issued the following Severe Weather Alert for the Cork area. Source: corkcity.ie/sw/

Weather Warning : Code Level Orange

West to southwest winds will reach mean speeds of 45 to 60 km/hr today with gusts of 80 to 100 km/hr. Winds will be strongest in the west and northwest.

On Monday, for Atlantic coastal counties, south to southwest winds, will reach mean speeds of 60 - 75 km/hr with gusts of 90 to 120 km/hr. Winds will be strongest along the west coast.

Exceptionally high waves on Atlantic coasts today and tomorrow will bring a threat of coastal flooding, especially at times of high tide.

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some intense wind and rain now again in North Tipperary!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Downgrades of snow=bad Downgrades of damaging winds=good
    Snow on the scale lusted after on this forum would cripple the country, socially and economically; yet, the faintest suggestion of some real weather puts the wind up (pun intended) some people. :confused:

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Agreed, I see downgrading of that storm as an upgrade in the forecast!!!

Its not going to be a damaging storm either way, 70kts on the west coast is pretty standard for a winter storm. Finding an exposed coastal spot and facing straight into unrelenting storm force wind is one of the best experiences you can get from the weather in this country so I'm firmly hoping for upgrades here!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Icy cold rain here in D15, 2c in Casement, 3C at the airport. Driving home at midnight last night it was 11C in the rain....

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Snow on the scale lusted after on this forum would cripple the country, socially and economically; yet, the faintest suggestion of some real weather puts the wind up (pun intended) some people. :confused:

Give me a windstorm over a snizzlefest any day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Nearly blizzard conditions in Stepaside about an hour ago. My match had to be abandoned :pac:

Harps wrote: »
    Its not going to be a damaging storm either way, 70kts on the west coast is pretty standard for a winter storm. Finding an exposed coastal spot and facing straight into unrelenting storm force wind is one of the best experiences you can get from the weather in this country so I'm firmly hoping for upgrades here!

You can't beat experiencing the force of nature, stepping outside and hearing the howl.... It's been a long time since I've heard that sound.

Don't think I'll be hearing it down here this week either. Hope you have better luck over there. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Horrible out today. Dreading stepping out but I must (Dublin).

12Z NAE for 3pm tomorrow. Gales getting inland a bit in the west, strong gales on west coasts, touching storm force at times. Gales on south coasts but just windy elsewhere inland.

13012815_2712.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone recommend a Sky Satellite Installer who works on a Sunday in Cork. Wind had a fight with our Sky dish and won unfortunatly :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Horrible out today. Dreading stepping out but I must (Dublin).
    Sunny with a strong breeze in Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kerrywez

Sleet now here between Killarney and Killorglin, Co. Kerry being driven on high winds. I can sympathise with Hogzy, I had to go out and reset my dish just after lunch time, but it is a motorised system then again I do all my own and others work on sat systems. Funny thing is now the wind has dropped somewhat and the sleep has got heavier.

Regards Wez

Tuesday is more interesting but the track the low takes keeps the strong winds out to sea. Still gales on the west coast, but not as strong as Monday.

13012912_2712.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Hogzy wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a Sky Satellite Installer who works on a Sunday in Cork. Wind had a fight with our Sky dish and won unfortunatly :(

Would you really drag a Sky Installer out in this weather? Could you not wait until Tuesday? Don't be a slave to the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Red Pepper wrote: »
    Would you really drag a Sky Installer out in this weather? Could you not wait until Tuesday? Don't be a slave to the box.

Wouldnt be dragging them anywhere. Guessing some of them would be stuck for work and id be more than willing to pay a weekend surcharge. Anyway, football is nearly over so no point.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Wouldnt be dragging them anywhere. Guessing some of them would be stuck for work and id be more than willing to pay a weekend surcharge. Anyway, football is nearly over so no point.

You can watch the Sky channels you are subscribed to online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

You can watch the Sky channels you are subscribed to online.

Liverpool is on itv, but its on the internet if you know where! Calmed down a bit here now, seems to be getting a little warmer too, temp up to 5.1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Sky becoming quite ominous here. Reckon a heavy shower is about to hit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Saganist wrote: »
    Sky becoming quite ominous here. Reckon a heavy shower is about to hit.
    Switch to NTL :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement