Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lockster wrote: »
    Hi Adox, don't forget to report back to me once you get it all set up if you can stream from itunes to your apple tv successfuly. Thank you

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. I had actually forgotten about it with all the confusion on the hub arriving.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 princesj

Hello all,
    I am new here.I am glad to join this.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

I ordered on the 14th at 6:30 and No sign of hub, emailed them and he said : " I am delighted to hear that you have chosen to go with Sky's new broadband service. Upon looking at your account I can see the your order is still in progress and therefore your router would not have been sent to you yet. You would receive your router up to 48 hours before your broadband service is due to go active with Sky. I would expect that you should have your router on the 23rd or the 24th of January." Even though on my a/c it still says "Your order is currently being processed." Should i call them or wait till tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

MJ434 wrote: »
    I ordered on the 14th at 6:30 and No sign of hub, emailed them and he said : " I am delighted to hear that you have chosen to go with Sky's new broadband service. Upon looking at your account I can see the your order is still in progress and therefore your router would not have been sent to you yet. You would receive your router up to 48 hours before your broadband service is due to go active with Sky. I would expect that you should have your router on the 23rd or the 24th of January." Even though on my a/c it still says "Your order is currently being processed." Should i call them or wait till tomorrow ?

Ordered on 14th and just got SMS from DPD , hub delivery planned tomorrow.

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Ordered on 14th and just got SMS from DPD , hub delivery planned tomorrow.

Called them there now .. he said that it can take 14 working days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

positron wrote: »
    Not sure if this is related or not, but ever since I signed up for sky deal (on 16th, and it still says 'order processing'), my Vodafone broadband seems to have started active up. It drops connection every few hours, and fixes itself if I restart the modem etc. Bizarre coincidence.
    this has happened to me as well usually late at night 12-1 oclock it would drop conection and then reset its self a few time and then back to normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SomewhereNicer

Called them there now .. he said that it can take 14 working days :(
    Have you received your welcome letter yet?
    I ordered on the 16th and received my welcome letter today in the post. I then called Sky to enquire about the delivery of the hub, as the status on mysky still says that my order is being processed. She told me that the hub is delivered within 2 days upon receiving the welcome letter.

Lockster wrote: »
    Hi Adox, don't forget to report back to me once you get it all set up if you can stream from itunes to your apple tv successfuly. Thank you

Everything working fine. No issues with local streaming. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

adox wrote: »

Everything working fine. No issues with local streaming. :)

Great thanks adox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

I ordered on the 16th and received my welcome letter today in the post. I then called Sky to enquire about the delivery of the hub, as the status on mysky still says that my order is being processed. She told me that the hub is delivered within 2 days upon receiving the welcome letter.

Also signed up on 16th, and got the welcome letter today. During the initial call, the rep had mentioned that it would take upto 10 days to get everything up and running. I am in no hurry anyway. :)

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    Also signed up on 16th, and got the welcome letter today. During the initial call, the rep had mentioned that it would take upto 10 days to get everything up and running. I am in no hurry anyway. :)
    Grand, at least it all seems to be going to plan. I was a little worried initially as the order tracking on mysky just seems to stay the same all the time.
    Can't wait until it's all set up and running, it's guaranteed to be far superior than my current service with Vodafone.

Ye..got it on Friday...hope it comes soon...also do sky have any restrictions on torrents like eircom??

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

whats the story, is this just a eircom bb reseller package for 27euro with no rental fee?

how can they do that and make a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

@ basq - PM ASAP in case u didn't see it

Ye..got it on Friday...hope it comes soon...also do sky have any restrictions on torrents like eircom??
    Not that I'm aware of....hopefully not anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Not that I'm aware of....hopefully not anyway.

I can confirm they most definitely don't!

flynnlives wrote: »
    whats the story, is this just a eircom bb reseller package for 27euro with no rental fee?

how can they do that and make a profit
    Yes and no.
    Sky are using BT's old infrastructure.
    Essentially, the first 1000 customers (i.e. the people on the trial) are not paying line rental. Sky are taking this cost.
    Obviously when the service is launched in April, new customers will be paying the line rental. So it's just the trial customers who won't be paying line rental for the first year.
    27.50e is for unlimited bb and international calls on a non-LLU exchange. With a LLU exchange the price for that is 17.50e.
    And its 10e for unlimited bb with freetime (off-peak) calls on a LLU exchange, and 20e on a non-LLU exchange.
    Those prices are just for the trial customers. It's not been confirmed yet how much the packages will be in April when the service is launched. But it's still expected to be good value.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Obviously when the service is launched in April, new customers will be paying the line rental. So it's just the trial customers who won't be paying line rental for the first year.

Well we really don't know that. Sky could end up swallowing the cost of the line rental to push this service, specially if bundled with a TV package.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Got an email from Sky overnight for "Welcome to Sky Services"

So far it's been:
    ordering on Mon 14th
    contract documentation arrived on Fri 18th
    email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Got an email from Sky overnight for "Welcome to Sky Services"

So far it's been:
    ordering on Mon 14th
    contract documentation arrived on Fri 18th
    email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Had 2 eircom reps at the door last night ... they nearly died when I told them that I was moving to Sky for 17.50 per month ...
    ' But no, that's not possible ! They haven't started selling the service yet ... '

Sorry son, off you go with your 55€ pack ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,821 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rang them last night about the no movement on my account..

.. and just got the spiel along the lines of "that's normal.. you were told it'll take two weeks, yeah? Well, this is only the start of the second week now. You should be up and running by next Tuesday" and seemed to brush off the lack of an estimated activation date.

I normally applaud Sky for their customer service on satellite issues and the like.. but no, this guy didn't impress me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ordered the 14th , will be activated on the 29th Jan , and my sky router arrived today. So all going well so far !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,821 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ah.. this just appeared on my account this morning..

Untitled_230.jpg

Not quite two weeks but if it's up and running by then, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Nothing at all happens for the first six days. That's a cooling off period which they are required to give everyone whether they want it or not.
    During that period you should get your letter from Sky.
    In the 2nd week you should get the router/modem after which your Sky broadband will be activated.
    That's what I was told so I presume that's what everyone else was told as well.
    Don't take any notice of the My Sky page as I understand that the service is often up & running before there's much change on that page.

Yeah on my mysky page its showing as my hub being prepared for delivery even though it arrived yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

My sky hub arrived by Dpd today, ordered on 14th.

Mysky order tracking does not even say its dispatched :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Signed up with Sky...did the line test with me - €10 for Skyunlimited and €7.50 for Sky talk anytime. Rep confirmed several times that all I would be paying is €17.50 incl VAT per month (excl additional calls obviously). Got the e-mail next day from Sky.....welcome to blah blah blah your oder is being processed. You package is Sky unlimited €20 and Sky talk anytime €7.50 :eek::eek:.

Spoke to them on Fri 18/1 and again today and they cannot tell me why the price has increased. This happen to anyone else ? They are to get back to me with an explaination :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

BArra wrote: »
    My sky hub arrived by Dpd today, ordered on 14th.

Mysky order tracking does not even say its dispatched :rolleyes:

Did you get an email/text letting you know it was being dispatched?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

They may have made a mistake with the type of exchange you're on.

Advertisement