Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Is that not a bit worrying though? If its still active then still being billed for the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got an e-mail at 3.47am this morning to say my broadband will be up and running by the 30th.. and just got another e-mail there to say my Sky Hub is on it's way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭exercise

Does anyone have the price for the ultimate sky and broadband package with unlimited calls and broadband, ????

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

I got exactly the same as Basq. Email this morning and then another to say the Hub on its way. I checked the tracking number on the DPD website and it says that its out for delivery today. My estimated activation date is also 30/01/13, so would be interested to hear whether or not others have been activated earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

BArra wrote: »
    Is that not a bit worrying though? If its still active then still being billed for the service?

I just rang Vodafone to confirm everything had been cancelled and my Broadband was still active. I had to verbally cancel it there and then and it takes 10 days apparently.:mad:

Everything else had been cancelled. I then rang Sky asking them why they hadnt cancelled the Broadband with Vodafone as they had said they would and they said the request had been sent and it was Vodafone who were at fault.

I`m going to send Vodafone a long email now complaining and see where it gets me. Id advise you to ring your provider as soon as possible to confirm everthing has been cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone know how to change the password of my router to an easier to remember. Did it on my last one with UTV but can't remember how.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Just wondering what phone number people are ringing to check the status of their order.
    I rang 0818 719895 but that line appears to no longer in use.
    I rang 0818 762 917 earlier and think I got put through to their UK call centre and dont know how close they are to the broadband/eircom situation over here.
    Concerned now that we are going to be charged by current provider and also by Sky ?

Just wondering what phone number people are ringing to check the status of their order.
    I rang 0818 719895 but that line appears to no longer in use.
    I rang 0818 762 917 earlier and think I got put through to their UK call centre and dont know how close they are to the broadband/eircom situation over here.
    Concerned now that we are going to be charged by current provider and also by Sky ?

The second number is the one to ring. I`ve been getting through to an Iriah call centre on that number. Press 1 when through.

Anyone know how to change the password of my router to an easier to remember. Did it on my last one with UTV but can't remember how.

Do you mean the password for your network? If so go to your router page and you can log in under admin and password is sky

Once in you should be able to change the network name and password.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Basq wrote: »
    Got an e-mail at 3.47am this morning to say my broadband will be up and running by the 30th.. and just got another e-mail there to say my Sky Hub is on it's way.

I got this also but before i got the second email i took delivery of the sky hub.

Just heard from my brother who got the hub yesterday along with an activation date of the 29th but today he got an email saying sky broadband is now active.

The gas thing is he didnt even have to ring sky they rang him asking if he was interested a few days before i ordered.
    He lives in a town 6 miles from me and is on eircom 15 meg, sky estimate 17 meg now, ive been stuck on 3 meg with eircom [best they can offer ffs]for many years and sky say ill get 6meg.

I hope i get similar news, my emails are saying on or before 30/1

After years of being screwed over by eircom, and after 2 incidents of prolonged ****ty service 400+ ms ping which took 7 and 9 months respectively of me telling eircom of issues and being told there are none when i knew there was [thanks to the eircom reps here on boards for helping out on the second occasion where as i said all along there was indeed a fault in the exchange - ONLY TOOK 9 MONTHS FOR THEM TO FIND IT FFS] they refused to give me credit for ****ty service i can atlast give two fingers to eircom.

I have absolutely zero sympathy if eircom goes under and if im being honest i bloody well hope they do,its more than deserved.
    They are disgusting company who specialize in shafting the people while charging extortionate money for their third world service.

THANKFULLY ATLAST GOODBYE eircom FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What were people's initial speeds when they connected the sky hub? I just did a speedtest and was getting .8mbps!! I was getting 6.7mbps with Vodafone and Sky estimated my line could take 17mbps. It has only been connected 10 min so maybe it will improve....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    What were people's initial speeds when they connected the sky hub? I just did a speedtest and was getting .8mbps!! I was getting 6.7mbps with Vodafone and Sky estimated my line could take 17mbps. It has only been connected 10 min so maybe it will improve....

They said to allow changes in speed for 10 days as they maximize your line.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Balls... missed delivery of the hub according to the website ("Carded").

Gonna go to the depot this evening... 10 minutes out the road.

No idea of opening times on website.. hope it's on the card they left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

adox wrote: »
    Do you mean the password for your network? If so go to your router page and you can log in under admin and password is sky

Once in you should be able to change the network name and password.

How do I get to that page?
    The password they gave me is too easy to break:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Just in case anyone is interested, I found a link which gives some useful information about setting up the Sky Hub. It includes help with wireless settings etc.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/50592-everything-you-need-know-about-sky-hub-sr101.html

I received my Hub this morning and have an activation date of Monday 28th January. I went looking for some more info, and found this site, after seeing that the hub included very little info about setup apart from the most basic setup.

Max

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

but they need the web key 1st to be able to get to the log in page of your router that why is an easy password

How do I get to that page?
    The password they gave me is too easy to break:eek:

http://192.168.0.1/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got the sky router yesterday. was told 29th was when it would be switched over. went home for lunch, eircom BB was not working, plugged in the sky router, worked after a minute or two.

was told i would get about 5mb download, first speedtest was just below this ,with 44ms ping. next test was .5mb DL .54mb upload, but they said there will be varying results at the start to try and find the correct speed for my line. it is a trial after all. will mess around with it this evening when i have more time. only thing was the password for the router did not seem to work when connecting my phone to it, so i just went with the wired connection with my PC to try it out.

Im just trying to make sure I`m not still feeding off the Vodafone Broadband. I presume the Sky Hub wouldnt work without being reconfigured?

Anyway looking on speedtest.net on the bottom left hand corner its showing my ISP as Esat telecommunications ltd so I presume thats Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Anyway looking on speedtest.net on the bottom left hand corner its showing my ISP as Esat telecommunications ltd so I presume thats Sky?
    Thats right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Does anyone know how to change the DNS settings on the sky router? I cant seem to be able to enter any new DNS settings. Very annoying for unblockus

Hogzy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to change the DNS settings on the sky router? I cant seem to be able to enter any new DNS settings. Very annoying for unblockus
    Looks like it's locked! :(

Always preferred OpenDNS too... looks like I'll have to change it on individual devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I can connect to the sky wireless but can't get Internet? Does this mean it's still not activated?

Basq wrote: »
    Looks like it's locked! :(

Always preferred OpenDNS too... looks like I'll have to change it on individual devices.

Yeah. Thats very disappointing. I recently spent €160 on a new router because my Vodafone one broke down. Now finding out I cant use it is really annoying. The wifi signal from the Sky Hub isnt the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Got hub today...30th is activation date....haven't tried it yet....Did anyone get it working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Hogzy wrote: »
    Yeah. Thats very disappointing. I recently spent €160 on a new router because my Vodafone one broke down. Now finding out I cant use it is really annoying. The wifi signal from the Sky Hub isnt the best.

I also have a redundant high spec netgear router however I found the signal with the sky hub to be fairly good.

It's only a slight inconvenience though isn't it rather than anything major?

I changed the DNS settings on two Macs, two iPads, an ATV2, a PS3 and a Smart tv and it took minutes to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

It's only a slight inconvenience though isn't it rather than anything major?

I changed the DNS settings on two Macs, two iPads, an ATV2, a PS3 and a Smart tv and it took minutes to do.

Hmmm I have a Roku that I use for Netflix and I dont think you can change dns on the ROKU , I hope Im wrong, so I just changed dns on my router.

Wondering if I can use my Netgear router with SKY when Im activated, anyone doing this?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Hmmm I have a Roku that I use for Netflix and I dont think you can change dns on the ROKU , I hope Im wrong, so I just changed dns on my router.

Wondering if I can use my Netgear router with SKY when Im activated, anyone doing this?

Looks like you can't change the Roku so that does sorta make the lack of option to change DNS settings on the router a real pain.

No idea about using the Netgear router as well tbh.

• Advertisement

Looks like you can't change the Roku so that does sorta make the lack of option to change DNS settings on the router a real pain.

No idea about using the Netgear router as well tbh.

Been reading quite a bit. Aparently in order to use a 3rd party (non sky) router you need the Username and password. Unfortunatly Sky wont give out this information but it is only a matter of time before people can crack the SR101 Sky Hub router so they can develop a Username and Password generator. All previous sky routers have this password generator so its only a matter of time.

I really dont get why Sky wont give out the Username and Password for their broadband. Iv never had a problem from Eircom, BT and Vodafone. They were only too happy to give the details out.

Advertisement