Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

browsing around the sky site waiting for my router to arrive and saw this ...

good news for anyone that got on the trial & who likes a bit of P2P
    can't say it applies to me tho, couldn't be bothered with the hassle ;)

Ha haa, brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

ordered the jan the 14th got contracts, letter in the post on fri 18th.sales rep said when i ordered that i should have it by the tuesday the 22nd ,have not got any email of them yet so i doubt ill have the hub tomorrow.

i though i was going to vodafone broadband services as my bband went down on the monday night around 12 for an hour or two.then when it cam back the router kept reseting its self for anothe hour or two.

over the last number of months you can nearly time when vodafone reset the ip,it was a real pain in the balls when you play on line with the xbox and no your going to be disconnected,it used to be only for 10-20 seconds but it was enough to get you kicked off live.

naughto wrote: »
    ordered the jan the 14th got contracts, letter in the post on fri 18th.sales rep said when i ordered that i should have it by the tuesday the 22nd ,have not got any email of them yet so i doubt ill have the hub tomorrow.

i though i was going to vodafone broadband services as my bband went down on the monday night around 12 for an hour or two.then when it cam back the router kept reseting its self for anothe hour or two.

over the last number of months you can nearly time when vodafone reset the ip,it was a real pain in the balls when you play on line with the xbox and no your going to be disconnected,it used to be only for 10-20 seconds but it was enough to get you kicked off live.

I'm in the same boat as you, ordered on Mon 14th, got contract and paperwork on Fri 18th and no status change on anything else yet. I'm hoping that this will all be transferred over by the end of the month and I don't end up in another billing month with VF for the sake of a small few days.
    I look at my MySky account and it said my next bill is e35 (up from e33 as per price change for TV) but no mention of adding on the e10 for phone/BB :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

BrianHal wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you, ordered on Mon 14th, got contract and paperwork on Fri 18th and no status change on anything else yet. I'm hoping that this will all be transferred over by the end of the month and I don't end up in another billing month with VF for the sake of a small few days.
    I look at my MySky account and it said my next bill is e35 (up from e33 as per price change for TV) but no mention of adding on the e10 for phone/BB :confused:

You'll get an email/text from Sky when your hub has been dispatched & it usually arrives the same day or the next. Your My status will update shortly after they contact you.
    There'll be an activation date on the box and you'll also get separate emails/texts re activation of both your broadband and talk. Thats the way it worked for me anyway
    I'd pretty much ignore MySky in relation to your order & activation because it has misleading messages etc & doesn't seem to be working properly. It's grand re billing etc once you're up and running.
    Watch out for the emails and texts or you can always give them a ring for an update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Try the "my broadband" of My Sky
    Mine was updated with a date of 29/1 - also ordered on 14/1

• Advertisement

keith_d99 wrote: »

Where do I find the "My Broadband" section? When I look at "View My Packages" it lists BB and Talk but the details of them are only a description of what the service does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Where do I find the "My Broadband" section? When I look at "View My Packages" it lists BB and Talk but the details of them are only a description of what the service does.

Go in to "track your order" although as mentioned earlier the info can be flakey.

iam getting this as well

Order in progress

Your order is progressing and we aim to have your Broadband up and running by the end of the day on: 29/01/2013

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ordered on 15/1 and stuck on "Your order is currently being processed." since, thats a week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

It does not give any activation date for me in there, argh

Nice one Keith :)

I'm due for 29th as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

My mistake, its updated since yesterday, says expected activation by 29-1-13

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I gave them a quick call this morning to chase up my order [ from 14/01 ]
    Expected connection on 25/01
    The agent said they had some delays porting from Vodafone who didn't provide access to their systems.

Vico1612 wrote: »
    I gave them a quick call this morning to chase up my order [ from 14/01 ]
    Expected connection on 25/01
    The agent said they had some delays porting from Vodafone who didn't provide access to their systems.

Vodafone dont like the carpet being taken from under them?? A nice BB price war in April would spice things up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Booo.... moving from Vodafone, so might give them a call in the afternoon!

Basq wrote: »
    Booo.... moving from Vodafone, so might give them a call in the afternoon!

Untitled_229.jpg

Thats standard on their page, I had the same. They activate the broadband first and then the phone follows straight afterwards. Your phone status will move straight from red to "the line is active and switched over".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

adox wrote: »
    Thats standard on their page, I had the same. They activate the broadband first and then the phone follows straight afterwards. Your phone status will move straight from red to "the line is active and switched over".
    Should there not be an activation date there somewhere though?

EDIT: Never mind.. I see it.. it says "Awaiting activation"! :(

did any one else get a phone call from vodafone.they rang me asking was i happy with there phone services and broadband i said no that the problems i have/had where never sorted out so iam moving to sky,he siaid thats fine we just wanted to check.
    they must be moving the account to sky as we speak.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

did any one else get a phone call from vodafone.they rang me asking was i happy with there phone services and broadband i said no that the problems i have/had where never sorted out so iam moving to sky,he siaid thats fine we just wanted to check.
    they must be moving the account to sky as we speak.

Have yet to hear from Vodafone at all.. Everything transferred to Sky and all up and running , still no contact from Vodafone about Service cancellation or anything else..

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Should there not be an activation date there somewhere though?

EDIT: Never mind.. I see it.. it says "Awaiting activation"! :(

Check here https://my.sky.com/mysky/myaccount/mybroadband/
    Mine shows
    Order in progress
    Your order is progressing and we aim to have your Broadband up and running by the end of the day on: 25/01/2013

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Check here https://my.sky.com/mysky/myaccount/mybroadband/
    Mine shows
    Order in progress
    Your order is progressing and we aim to have your Broadband up and running by the end of the day on: 25/01/2013

when did u order??

when did u order??
    14th

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Ordered on the 18th & got a couple of letters in the post today from Sky.
    Last month for the 1st time ever I went over my monthly allowance of 40Gb (60Gb) with Vodafone & it cost me €20 extra.
    Talking about giving an incentive to leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sky managed to screw up the activation.

They switched me over yesterday and I never got my hub.

despite numerous calls to them and chats over the last week asking why I hadnt got my hub and being told everything was fine. I'd get it by wednesday (2 weeks from signup) it seems there was a problem with the system and my hub didn't ship.
    They have to order a new one for me.

I emailed them yesterday and got a call at 630 from Dublin apologizing for the delay, admitting the problem and offering me a credit for 5 days (less than 2 euro).

I'm left with out broadband, access to my college portal and study notes (exams this week) and access to work servers.

I'm in McDonalds writing this.:rolleyes: My refund wont even buy me a cup of coffee.

The guy said they should have noticed the problem and couldn't account for the people I spoke to not seeing it.
    I can understand chat in India missing it (I cant really) but I called both Cork and the UK and was told everything was normal and there was nothing to worry about.

The upshot is my hub was reordered today and I got a mail just a few minutes ago to say its shipped. I'll have it Friday from what I was told.

Is anyone else having problems ?

.... and for those who want to say suck it up its 1/3 of what you're paying.....I'm paying for a promised service which has failed..doesn't matter what it costs ....(calculates how many cups of coffee I can buy with my savings:D)

Sky managed to screw up the activation.

They switched me over yesterday and I never got my hub.

despite numerous calls to them and chats over the last week asking why I hadnt got my hub and being told everything was fine. I'd get it by wednesday (2 weeks from signup) it seems there was a problem with the system and my hub didn't ship.
    They have to order a new one for me.

I emailed them yesterday and got a call at 630 from Dublin apologizing for the delay, admitting the problem and offering me a credit for 5 days (less than 2 euro).

I'm left with out broadband, access to my college portal and study notes (exams this week) and access to work servers.

I'm in McDonalds writing this.:rolleyes: My refund wont even buy me a cup of coffee.

The guy said they should have noticed the problem and couldn't account for the people I spoke to not seeing it.
    I can understand chat in India missing it (I cant really) but I called both Cork and the UK and was told everything was normal and there was nothing to worry about.

The upshot is my hub was reordered today and I got a mail just a few minutes ago to say its shipped. I'll have it Friday from what I was told.

Is anyone else having problems ?

.... and for those who want to say suck it up its 1/3 of what you're paying.....I'm paying for a promised service which has failed..doesn't matter what it costs ....(calculates how many cups of coffee I can buy with my savings:D)

I had the same issue to an extent. Ordered on the 9th, had made a couple of calls to make sure everything was ok and was assured it was. Checked my account yesterday and it showed that my broadband and phone had been activated but there was no sign of my hub. rang them yesterday to explain and they told me there had been a mess up and the hub hadnt been sent. They had to re-order it and assured me it will be with me by Wednesday at the latest.

Got an email earlier to notify me that the hub had been shipped and should be with me within a couple of days. It gave me a tracking number but when I log in to Sky and tracking it just shows the hub as "preparing your order" still.

Anyway unlike you my Vodafone broadband is still active so I havent lost connection yet.

I did send Vodafone an email yesterday informing them that my services had been switched to Sky and were activated from yesterday and that I wanted credit as I have been charged until Feb 14th. I havent heard anything back from them yet.

Are you sure you wont get your hub until Friday? Ive read on here that they usually arrive the next day and in some cases, the same day as shipping.

*Edit* Just checked on DPD site and it says its out for delivery.

*Double edit* Just got a text from the Mrs to say it has just arrived.

Thats a good turnaround from Sky to be fair to them after their intial error. Hopefully Addisyn Wide Grout you`ll get sorted out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

He said Friday.

Is there a way of using these hubs without having to connect them to the phone line?
    I read skys blurb and thought that was possible.

He said Friday.

I was told Wednesday and it arrived this afternoon so you hopefully receive it before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Not sure if this is related or not, but ever since I signed up for sky deal (on 16th, and it still says 'order processing'), my Vodafone broadband seems to have started active up. It drops connection every few hours, and fixes itself if I restart the modem etc. Bizarre coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

Hi Adox, don't forget to report back to me once you get it all set up if you can stream from itunes to your apple tv successfuly. Thank you

Advertisement