Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Unlimited and Sky Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

BrianHal wrote: »
    Got an email from Sky overnight for "Welcome to Sky Services"

So far it's been:
    ordering on Mon 14th
    contract documentation arrived on Fri 18th
    email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.
    got the email last night as well saying it would be the 29th when iam up and running

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Basq wrote: »
    Ah.. this just appeared on my account this morning..

Untitled_230.jpg

Not quite two weeks but if it's up and running by then, I'll be happy.

Same here same date as yourself listed also, i ordered 15/1.
    Progress atlast although reading the posts here i dont think the "mysky" page is very accurate, guys getting DPD texts before its listed as shipped etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

I didn't no... It does not fill me with confidence that their systems aren't working correctly, they are usually better

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

Ascii wrote: »
    Signed up with Sky...did the line test with me - €10 for Skyunlimited and €7.50 for Sky talk anytime. Rep confirmed several times that all I would be paying is €17.50 incl VAT per month (excl additional calls obviously). Got the e-mail next day from Sky.....welcome to blah blah blah your oder is being processed. You package is Sky unlimited €20 and Sky talk anytime €7.50 :eek::eek:.

Spoke to them on Fri 18/1 and again today and they cannot tell me why the price has increased. This happen to anyone else ? They are to get back to me with an explaination :mad:

There was a mention of the exchange that you are connected to. If your exchange is LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) then it is e10 for the broadband. If the exchange is non-LLU then (its still under full eircom control apparently and) it is e20 for the broadband part.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

And another hub has arrived in the post again today so now I have two!

Got on to their live chat to see if they wanted to collect it as I already received one and they said unless I get a letter requesting for it to be returned to hang on to it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Oh the benevolent folks at Sky, trying their best to please you giving you twice the equipment! Can't complain! :)

adox wrote: »

Got on to their live chat to see if they wanted to collect it as I already received one and they said unless I get a letter requesting for it to be returned to hang on to it. :pac:
    hold on to it ucan never have enough routers i got 3 of vodafone when i signed up a few yrs back

adox wrote: »

I'll take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Still nothing and ordered the 14th...Got contract on Friday and a letter today to say Whats on its way....

just got my sky hub from the dpd:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Just received email from sky to say my hub is on its way, with tracking number. It was delivered earlier to my address though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

naughto wrote: »
    just got my sky hub from the dpd:D:D

Same as that:D. Activation date 29/01/2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Got my Sky Hub from DPD just now,

Does anyone know the default username and password for logging into the sky router?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Hogzy wrote: »

Does anyone know the default username and password for logging into the sky router?

admin
    sky

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Hogzy wrote: »

username --> admin

password---> sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What I assume is my hub has arrived at home.

No tracking available and no text from dpd.

I wonder is this the lost in the system one or the one reordered yesterday and due for delivery friday.

I cant wait:D

Got an email from Sky overnight for "Welcome to Sky Services"

So far it's been:
    ordering on Mon 14th
    contract documentation arrived on Fri 18th
    email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.

So far it's been:
    • ordering on Mon 14th
    • contract documentation arrived on Fri 18th
    • email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.
    • email from Sky on Wed 23rd (later on) saying my Sky Hub is being dispatched due for delivery in 3-5 days.

So far it's been:
    • ordering on Mon 14th
    • email from Sky on Wed 23rd saying my service will start on Tues 29th and that my Sky Hub hasn't been posted yet and there's no point in plugging it in before the 29th when it does arrive as it won't work till the 29th anyway.
    • email from Sky on Wed 23rd (later on) saying my Sky Hub is being dispatched due for delivery in 3-5 days.

Exact same for me, but hub arrived today.

has any one set it up yet to see if its woking.i no they say it ill be the 29th but sure its worth trying

naughto wrote: »
    has any one set it up yet to see if its woking.i no they say it ill be the 29th but sure its worth trying

Was just about to post the same:D.

• Advertisement

iam in the middle of removing the garda scam virus from my mates computer
    jesus i have never seen the likes of it i ran malwarebytes and came back with 237 infected results.
    i will give the sky set up a go when i get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

So far it's been:
    • ordering on Mon 14th

Same for me as well - no hub delivered yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

supposed to be activated today

nothing yet

anyone know of any delays in the activation part?

supposed to be activated today

nothing yet

anyone know of any delays in the activation part?

it says that it can be up to 12 o clock at night for activation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What are the routers like? Wireless N? Any Gigabit ports?

What are the routers like? Wireless N? Any Gigabit ports?

Well, the one I got has 1 power socket. 1 phoneline socket & 4 ethernet sockets. The make is Zinwell Sky Hub (ROI) (UOM=1), as per the Delivery Note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Does anyone know if the stock wireless security on the Sky router is wep or wpa2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the stock wireless security on the Sky router is wep or wpa2?

wpa2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ok I`m having one problem in my set up. I do a lot of local streaming, have Plex on a couple of Macs and ipads and they are working no problem.

I also have a separate app called Homestream that allows me to stream to my Sony Smart tv in the bedroom, but for some reason I cant seem to get this one hooked back up.

On my Homestream list on the Mac the tv upstairs is showing and is listed as connected. When I go on to the tv I can see the Homestream icon and its showing as disconnected. I try to connect and after a couple of minutes it says it cant connect. I thought it may be a firewall problem but considering all my other local streaming seems to work then I doubtful.

Anyone got any ideas or what I could check on the Hub? Its probably my first new router in 7 or 8 years so I`m not really working at any real level of expertise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just plugged in my sky hub. Really easy to set up. The biggest challenge will be keeping my 2 year old away from the socket switches ;)

Download speed 12.43
    Upload speed 0.85

The best I got on UTV was 4.5 download speed.

Advertisement