Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Soft inda Head

Work annoys me. Its trivial. I had no idea that I could fill 40 hours a week with soooooo much trivial $hit! When Friday comes it's 7.2 beer with a Crested 10 chaser!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The fact that whoopsadaisydoodles' name doesn't fit on the one line. Surely they could just make the font smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

People who say - "People lost the run of them selves durning the celtic tiger".
    What they really mean is they are stuck up "C U next tuesday's" who think people like electicians, plumbers builders excetra had no right earning more money than them and their stuck up kids

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

When some witless continuity announcers prattle over the shot of Homer Simpson sitting on his car after saying goodbye to his mother, while a video of some upcoming guff slides in and squashes the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Women going for walks , but they have a water bottle with them so they act like they are exercising and do that arm flail thing, bonus points for reflective gear ,

also women (and it's only women) paying for chewing gum with a laser card

ponytails sticking out through the hole in baseball caps

when ponytails sway in sync with the person's stride

• Advertisement

I've noticed recently that on radio interviews people asked questions start their replies with "So". I have heard it on interviews in Irish, English, American and Swedish broadcasts. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Newsreaders who, before delivering bad news, talk in really quiet mundane tones but then raise their voices an octave as they speak.

Adrian Kennedy and Jeremy Dixon from FM104 sharing a private joke and not sharing.
    "Oh look at that text." "Oh which one?" "That one" "Oh..is that true, Adrian?" "I think so haha" and then not telling the listeners.

Also Jeremy Dixon asking people to text in the name of a song he can't think of.
    Jeremy, you know very well Google's your friend.
    Just trying to act stupid.

Dara O'Briain saying "Em" after every joke.

People saying "Welp".

People walking towards you, stepping in your path, then you do that thing where you both side-step at the same time, then smile knowingly at each other. It's not funny, move out of my fkn way.

Amy Child's sideways smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

Been off work for a couple of months and i must say old people driving are really pissing me off. How about a bit of manners on the road guys it's not as if your in a rush anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fussyonion wrote: »
    Newsreaders who, before delivering bad news, talk in really quiet mundane tones but then raise their voices an octave as they speak.

Adrian Kennedy and Jeremy Dixon from FM104 sharing a private joke and not sharing.
    "Oh look at that text." "Oh which one?" "That one" "Oh..is that true, Adrian?" "I think so haha" and then not telling the listeners.

Also Jeremy Dixon asking people to text in the name of a song he can't think of.
    Jeremy, you know very well Google's your friend.
    Just trying to act stupid.

Dara O'Briain saying "Em" after every joke.

People saying "Welp".

People walking towards you, stepping in your path, then you do that thing where you both side-step at the same time, then smile knowingly at each other. It's not funny, move out of my fkn way.

Amy Child's sideways smile.

i hate the way newsreaders have a jolly old chat when the credits go up at the end of the news. i know its a tradition and all but i hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It might have been mentioned, but I hate it when I'm finally cosy in bed/finally settled on the sofa, and I need to pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

old women on the train giving me dirty looks for putting my feet on the seats,then wiping it off b4 they sit on it, its not dirty u mug, then expecting me to say sorry, you dont even pay for a ticket grandma.jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

old women on the train giving me dirty looks for putting my feet on the seats,then wiping it off b4 they sit on it, its not dirty u mug, then expecting me to say sorry, you dont even pay for a ticket grandma.jog on.

It is dirty if you put your feet on it. Don't do it, it's bloody rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

It is dirty if you put your feet on it. Don't do it, it's bloody rude.

im going to keep doing it im afraid;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

- Realising you forgot to out the bin out for tomorrow morings collection just as you are about to hit the sack.
    - Micras on backroads doing 0.3 mph
    - Racing home to watch a program only to find the adds on when you turn on the TV.
    - The door bell ringing while you are trying to sort something important out.
    - Accidently sending a text before its finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was going to work on the dart a few years ago in a new, nice pair of jeans. some gobshite must have walked in dog shit because it ended up on my jeans when i sat down.
    there are signs saying 'feet are not for seats' so please obey them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

girl working in the shop in connolly station yesterday, i said well, she ignored me and threw in a dirty look for free, then i paid and she didnt respond, next time shes working im gonna buy something and pay in 1 cent coins, plus im going to just put them on the counter.:cool:

Leave her one cent short and deliberately spend 5 minutes searching looking for it and while you walk away drop a 50 note then pick it up. Would be funny one all the same. Serves her right!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Scrape. Your. ****ing. Plate.
    Is it really so hard to scrape off the leftovers and put your own dishes in the washer instead of letting them pile up on top of it?!
    Argh! I also hate it when it's quiet and I have the speakers on the laptop on and all of a sudden I hear a loud "AVAST VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED". Scares the **** out of me.
    Also: How the hell do you circumvent the swearword filter?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

oh the Avast thing drives me mental too. Worse even in the headphones while listening to music.

Sorry, but I've thought of more. This has opened a can of worms with me now.

Calling UPC/Eircom or whoever, being told to "press 1" etc.
    You press 1, then you press 3, 7, 0, etc etc. You're put on hold. You're on hold for, oh I don't know, ten minutes, then eventually they answer the phone.
    BUT THE SILLY GOBSHEEN ON THE OTHER END ACCIDENTALLY HANGS UP ON YOU and you either bang your head against the wall in sheer frustration or ring back.
    And even if you do call back, you can't very well tell them they hung up on you because you'll never get the same person again.

My phone ringing when I'm in the loo.

Seriously, last week I was waiting for an important phone call.
    Actually got a bit OCD with my phone and kept checking it every few minutes.
    I needed the loo and left said phone on kitchen table.

AS SOON AS I PLOPPED MY BOTTOM ON THE TOILET SEAT, MY PHONE RANG!
    Of course, I carried on with what I was doing (nobody is worth me getting off the seat mid-pee/poo), and when I returned to the kitchen and checked phone, it was the person I was waiting on.
    I call back but they don't answer. They never did call me again.

Also, crows eating all the bread I throw out, not letting the little birds eat.
    I doubt I'm the only one who does that mad waving-frantically-at-the-window thing to scare them off :o

PS Gobsheen instead of gob****e cos wasn't sure if gob****e would be printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Try walking inside to pay for petrol with a helmet on.

not to mention the stickers appearing on petrol pumps now stating " motorcyclist must pay in advance "

i would like to see them change that to black person or traveler and see how quickly they would be sued

by law a biker must wear a helmet , they are not all criminals , just like black people and travelers

now that annoys me

• Advertisement

Cashiers in shops not handing change back to you directly, instead slapping it down on the counter where you have to try and pick the coins up again.

Fine if I did the same by throwing money on the counter initially ( which I don't), but at least try to reciprocate.

Theres a weak arguement that it prevents the spread of germs...BUT they are handling money anyway, which probably has every pox known to man on it.

And if its intended as an invitation to leave a tip, F**k off! I would have already left you a tip if I thought you did a good job

Boils my blood, Pure ignorance.

I live in Sweden and this is common practice in supermarkets. Imagine MY bemusement when the cashier refused to take my cash unless I laid it out on the the little wooden tray between me and her. Imagine HER bemusement when I put out my hand to collect my change when she tried to put it on the same tray. :)

I live in Sweden and this is common practice in supermarkets. Imagine MY bemusement when the cashier refused to take my cash unless I laid it out on the the little wooden tray between me and her. Imagine HER bemusement when I put out my hand to collect my change when she tried to put it on the same tray. :)

*Imagines your bemusement*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

They work the same system in Polish shops here. I awkwardly look at her put down my change and don't want to look like im snapping it up. Didn't realise for ages that out of habit I hand the cashier the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

McChubbin wrote: »
    Also: How the hell do you circumvent the swearword filter?!

Fuck knows??

People who insist on parking almost at the doors of my local supermarket even though there's meant to be no parking there & empty spaces within feet of them.One joker a week or so ago somehow managed to get their car between the steel bollards & right up to the exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The ticking noise coming from my clock radio right now. Electric clock radios aren't supposed to make a clock ticking noise and it's keeping me awake, like a dripping tap- just when you think it's stopped and you're calming down- "tick".

JESUS! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Long-term smokers cough. You're wretched croking is fcuking disgusting and your manky gravelly voice is creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The fact that you periodically or totally lose the signal of 'national' broadcasters like Today FM or 2FM depending on where you are, but Lyric FM is available always and everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

People who assume I'm a computer genius because I can right click. Pretentious attention-whoring teenagers (henceforth refered to as "myself and my peers." Soggy porridge. People who don't re-charge drained batteries. Have I offended everyone yet?

P.S. People who don't do small things for the sake of being lazy. I can't do it myself or you'll think its ok, and I can't hound you for it because its so trivial.
    /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thrill wrote: »
    O.k., I'm going to say it before some-one else does. Might as well get it out of the way early.

Horse in my burger.
    That's Fast Food!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

No offense mate but you really, REALLY come across like an offensive prick there. Don't mean to sound lecturing "hugs all round" but basic manners really count for something in most peoples books. One of the things I can't stand is people not making some effort to be, if not polite, then acknowledging of others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement