Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Thrill wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it's impossible to eliminate it entirely.

Learning to speed read?
    <off topic>
    Kinda, I've always felt that I was taking in words much more slowly than I could process the information then stumbled upon a Cracked article that mentioned tracking your position and subvocalisation and I understood why. Trying to eradicate those hindrances rather that grasping the gist of a passage at a glance.</off topic>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Irish telly. I can't stand it.

Here here! RTE should just have a fookin black ribbon in the corner for it's logo, it's so damn depressing. The old grannies thrive on that depressing sh1te. And while I'm at it, old grannies annoy me. People who pretentiously makes noises when they eat really fookin annoys me! women who give me the eye in a bar but expect me to make the first move eeks me. Mainstream TV shows, mainstream Radio and mainstream music annoys me so much that I can feel the blood pressure going up. OP, you opened a can of worms in my head. Apart from that I'm quite easygoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

People who misspell.

Their de wurst knd of ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thrill wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it's impossible to eliminate it entirely.

Learning to speed read?
    You seemingly can, but it takes a lot of practice. I personally would miss the voices in my head :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭puddles and umbrellas

People who leave the door wide open when the heat is on and it's freezing outside. The big massive security tags that are on clothes footwear etc. that prevent you from comfortably trying on an item prior to purchasing it.
    Drawers that are so over-packed that they're wedged shut or items within the drawer fall down behind the back of the dresser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Actually that vacuum packed plastic packaging thats impossible to remove and wrecks your hands?

That annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

being in a public toilet and seeing people not wash their hands after using the facilities, see it every day, it disgusts me.

as you then leave, touching the dirty, germy door handle with your lovely pristine hands:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

People who are mean or nasty just because they can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

The UPC remote is always facing the wrong way when I pick it up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

People biting their nails - you may as well be chewing on dog shít you dirt birds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

super woofer speakers from your neighbours place/ flatmate's room. I can even hear the music. All I can hear is this stupid monotnous bass. I am fairly young and this should not really annoy me but God almighty it does my head in. I would actually love to see them banned in private residences

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OH constantly leaves about two dozen beans sitting in the end of the pot. Why does he not just put them on the plate? An extra 12 beans or so each won't kill us or make us hideously fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

UPC Channel 100. I will disembowel Craig Doyle.

It really annoys me when people feel entitled to things, even if they are actually entitled to them, when it's something they really should get over and manage themselves.

And people who leave things on standby even though they're getting up anyway and could easily press the off button on the TV/Radio itself. My mum is particularly bad for this as she insists on leaving the remote beside the TV ("it'll get lost if I don't leave it there"). So she presses the standby button, gets up, walks over to the TV, leaves the remote under the TV, right next to the off button, and then leaves without turning it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Ramza wrote: »
    as you then leave, touching the dirty, germy door handle with your lovely pristine hands:pac:

lol I use my jumper to open the dirty door;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

being in a public toilet and seeing people not wash their hands after using the facilities, see it every day, it disgusts me.
    I used to work with a guy who was in charge of computer maintenance. He was known not to wash after having a leak and yet still went around to all of the pc's in the building doing repairs :(. Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

The 'peel and reseal' lie on packets of ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Garzard wrote: »
    The UPC remote is always facing the wrong way when I pick it up :mad:
    The upc remote is badly designed anyway, the numbers section should be at the bottom, and the play, pause rewind coloured buttons should be at the top. Sky got it right. :D

I used to work with a guy who was in charge of computer maintenance. He was known not to wash after having a leak and yet still went around to all of the pc's in the building doing repairs :(. Disgusting.

would be funny if about 5 of ye grabbed him 1 day after he used the toilet and forced him to wash his hands, he might get the message then.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

People who take an excessively long time to use the ATM when there is a big queue behind them!:mad:

Also, when driving, people who rush to pull out in front of you from a junction because they see you coming, then proceed to drive really slowly, when the most they would have been delayed would have been a couple of seconds! Really does my head in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

When someone leaves p1ss on the seat part in a public toilet, when you are bursting to do a shoite, I have to clean it with a tissue while doing the bathroom shuffle to hold it in and then do my business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People with D4/ half American accents accents that had the finest of a culchie accent before.

Talk of 'kids' and 'guys' that were children and lads to them a year ago.

people who are in the Q in the post office for like 10 mins the when they get to the counter and are asked for their care or book or whatever they go oh its here somewhere and spend the next 5 mins looking for it, like you knew you needed it the last 10 mins in the Q, why didnt you have it ready? holding up the whole place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

People who say 'awesome' for anything. Get a dictionary you fool.

Women who talk non-stop. Give your brain a chance to think before you speak!

Nudity in the gym changing room. For **** sake cover no one wants to see your horrible bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Tea bags left in the sink!

And when customer ordering his round at the bar is doing so by asking everyone in the place individually what they'd like, with the place mad busy. Then with all the drinks ordered , "and a pint of Guinness for myself". Fkin pr1ck !

daveyeh wrote: »
    People who say 'awesome' for anything. Get a dictionary you fool.

Women who talk non-stop. Give your brain a chance to think before you speak!

the above 2 statements describe a girl that was on the train the other day, hipster type and her boyfriend, she wouldnt shut up, talking and laughing really loudly while I was cramming for an exam, plus she was all over the boyfriend, GET A ROOM:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Leaving the dish washing brush lying in the sink, instead of putting it beside the sink. Ifyou drain anything in the sink/pour out a cup of tea it goes all the dish brush then Grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Everything! Almost everything annoys me especially people, most people are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Idiots who quote a massive first post when replying to a topic. Especially when its the first reply. Its ****in obvious your replying to the op. Don't quote unless its a reply to another poster not the op. I'd love to punch these people in the face. Cnuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

People that insist on 'sharing' their crap music on phones/iPods with everyone on public transport. And feet on seats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement