Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

No offense mate but you really, REALLY come across like an offensive prick there. Don't mean to sound lecturing "hugs all round" but basic manners really count for something in most peoples books. One of the things I can't stand is people not making some effort to be, if not polite, then acknowledging of others.

well uptight old people get on my nerves, give me a dirty look and ill give you one straight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Love this thread, however, I'm worried about the amount of posts I'm thinking yeah me too - might need to chill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Ignoramuses who block an aisle or doorway or pavement standing up talking sh1te! :mad:
    Get outa the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

gammygils wrote: »
    Ignoramuses who block an aisle or doorway or pavement standing up talking sh1te! :mad:
    Get outa the way!!

Or at the end of an escalator. Also people who get off an escalator and just stop at the end and you are there knowing there's going to be a pile up with you sandwiched in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

well uptight old people get on my nerves, give me a dirty look and ill give you one straight back.

Maybe it's because you actually DO look like a homeless student.

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Maybe it's because you actually DO look like a homeless student.

maybe its not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

girl working in the shop in connolly station yesterday, i said well, she ignored me and threw in a dirty look for free, then i paid and she didnt respond, next time shes working im gonna buy something and pay in 1 cent coins, plus im going to just put them on the counter.:cool:

In light of your subsequent posts, I think I may understand her demeanour!

In light of your subsequent posts, I think I may understand her demeanour!

ya she probably knew I had my feet on the train seat,your right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

People who wear heels that make a clink clonk racket. Noisy fcukers, world shouldn't have to put up with your fcuking noise polution. Horse's hooves would be less obnoxious. The government should have wardens going around at night with decibel meters and anyone caught in breach of what is deemed the acceptable level, will receive an on the spot ankle clamp and have their offending footwear removed. Second offense and the person gets confined to wearing slippers for six months, even in the rain and snow. Subsequent offenses despite dealing with the above and they have some of their toes removed and the stitches applied without anesthesia. Yet even further snubs of the law and there can be no option but for such troglodytes to have both their feet amputated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

having to swat in public toilets,

When there is no bog roll in public toilets

Having to pay the toll charges - stopping, waiting for the person in the car in front to produce the money, then they ask the guy in the booth for directions and the line adjacent is flowing through much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

When you are in a Queue in a supermarket and the person behind you keep coming within an inch of me, as if it will move the queue along more quickly. Stop invading my personal space you weirdo ! I usually take a few steps back to bump off them or give them an "accidental" thump of my bag. They still don't get the message :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sodden Pussy

Over produced mobile phone company tv adverts. Especially the current Eircom effort. Where that smug knob head stumbles around to that "joyous" lilting sh##e.... The call charges by phone companies are directly correlated to the adverts overproduction...im convinced of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

When I go to a website and it has sound, usually from a video, that plays automatically. Drives me ****ing insane.

Customer facing workers who can't speak the local language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

"Small amount of mayonnaise please" = deli worker almost drowning your roll with mayonnaise

"Ham roll please" = one miserable stingy piece of ham. How about a decent portion?

Don't forget to repeat your order a few times as the staff weren't listening.
    But you do the Irish thing of saying sorry as if it's your fault! :(

And finally the price.
    My local deli doesn't do it on weight, it's done on what you order.
    So why do I pay a different price depending on who is working that day :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

and don't get me started on cyclists out for their weekend run, four abreast, havin a good ole chinwag, making the rest of us to drive along behind them, at 15kmph, forcing us to appreciate the beautiful workmanship that goes into their luminous, body-hugguing spandex outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Posters who sign off their posts - I can already see who you are. Also, Biggins' old avatar (not sure why, no offense!).

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

being in a public toilet and seeing people not wash their hands after using the facilities, see it every day, it disgusts me.

people who only was their hands in public toilets when people are watching and just walk straight out the door if no one is around.......like me:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Not that I am in any way against manners, but getting the impersonal robotic rigmarole of thanks when paying for stuff at the till's in supermarkets can annoy me. I'm not expecting nor asking for a song and dance of thanks, but you must have all experienced the really monotonous exchange when paying at a cashier that I am on about.

I should add that I understand the amount of customer interactions a day these people have (even worked on a till when I was young myself), but the very rare disinterested exchange always leaves me a bit perplexed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

xLexie wrote: »
    People who eat like farm animals, breathing loudly through their nose and they're ploughing in to whatever's in front of them. And eating with their mouths open.

The nose of a spoon hitting off a mug while stirring tea/coffee.

When people put spoons in the fork section or forks in the knives section.

The sound of liquid being poured. Makes my skin crawl.

When people don't leave the phone back on the charger so when you go to make a call the phone is usually dead, or can't be found.

Letters half wedged into the letterbox. This is ireland so when you actually get the letter half of it is dry and the other half is sopping wet.

Parents who look doe eyed at their little brats while I fantasise about poisoning them for being annoying little fuggs. Bad behaviour is not cute and I don't care they're only a child.

When a window isn't shut properly and the winds blowing it and making it bang.

A serious bitching session there, all under the trivial section of course:pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    "Small amount of mayonnaise please" = deli worker almost drowning your roll with mayonnaise

"Ham roll please" = one miserable stingy piece of ham. How about a decent portion?

Don't forget to repeat your order a few times as the staff weren't listening.
    But you do the Irish thing of saying sorry as if it's your fault! :(

And finally the price.
    My local deli doesn't do it on weight, it's done on what you order.
    So why do I pay a different price depending on who is working that day :confused:

reminds me of the woman in my college deli, just say you asked for a roll and chicken, cheese, lettuce ,you tell her then shes like chicken, and?? worst time was when i said can i have a toasted sandwitch with cheese and onion? she goes cheese and?fcuk sake 2 things,how bad a memory do you have? then says do you want it toasted?:pac: no i dont want my toasted sandwitch toasted.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Woolly hats/T-shirt combo. Strangely cold and warm all at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Actually, I might as well finish a bit of a rant (feels god to get stuff off your chest I suppose).

Incompetent bar staff annoy me. Especially when you queue up in the lottery of getting served, are when you are in the section of the bar which must be perceived to be a blind spot of the bar-person (no gender discrimination around here). It happens more outside of Ireland, as we are generally blessed with great barstaff in Ireland, but I can't help thinking that some of these people are very lucky to have a job if they can't figure out a simple system of serving up and down the bar.

I once got an ingenious one-part pour of Guinness without the head from an "experienced" barman in the UK, luckily there was a guy from Clare who also worked there, and for the 2 years thereafter, he was the only one I asked to pour me a Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hurmf

When u just miss a call & u ring back straight away & they don't answer (my mam does this the whole time, drives me demented!)

Work in a bar. When I bring food to a table, u call out the dish & they have no idea what they ordered, &spend ages looking at each with puzzled expressions going "what did I order again" & meanwhile the plate is burning the hand off ya. Feel like throwing the dinner at them!

+1 on opening crisps upside down

When taxi drivers talk to ya. I tip taxi drivers who don't talk! I spend all day making small talk & listening & talking ****e to customers so appreciate peace & quiet when I can get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭doubleyoubee

Hurmf wrote: »

When taxi drivers talk to ya. I tip taxi drivers who don't talk! I spend all day making small talk & listening & talking ****e to customers so appreciate peace & quiet when I can get it!

Maybe your customers don't like you talking to them either.

Oh trust me, I try my best not to talk to them! But part of a job of a bar person is to listen to people moan about their problems, the country, weather etc. whether u like it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭doubleyoubee

Hurmf wrote: »
    Oh trust me, I try my best not to talk to them! But part of a job of a bar person is to listen to people moan about their problems, the country, weather etc. whether u like it or not!

I'm sure there are plenty of taxi drivers who would say the same.

I'm sure they would. So it's a win win if we all just kept to ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

When people get up to leave a room and swing the door but dont actually close it!!!! Drives me farking mental, how difficult is it to fully close the door!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Old wans who feel and touch and crush the baguettes in the supermarket.

I don't want to buy bread that's been through the hands of half the town

Tbh if you're crushing the baguettes the staff should make you pay for the stock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Old wans who feel and touch and crush the baguettes in the supermarket.

I don't want to buy bread that's been through the hands of half the town

Tbh if you're crushing the baguettes the staff should make you pay for the stock

:eek: This happens?!! Beurke!! This is why I try never to eat anything unless I have made it myself, it's still hot or I can cook it.

Things that annoy me:

People who converse in loud voices in small spaces;
    People who want to shake hands as a way of greeting- I don't want to touch your hands, can we not just say "hi" and leave it at that?;
    People who make me repeat myself;
    Overly tactile people- no, I don't want to hug you and don't sit too close to me;
    Facebook birthday messages;
    Hearing my flatmates come and go when I am trying to beat a deadline- for some reason it reminds me that the world outside my room is not on pause and that just drives me nuts;
    When my American friends say, "I love you" after saying goodbye whether it be on phone or in person. No, you don't love me and I don't love you either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement