Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options
1325326327328329331»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Threads having to be closed at 10,000 :mad:

um.....what will we do when that happens? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy you part 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Flyer28 wrote: »
    I suppose you can if you can't think of any response other than passive-agressive behaviour.

Travelling in economy class isn't much fun for anyone now a days but being tall doesn't entitle you to extra space on the aircraft. Though if you feel a bit cramped, you could always try and recline your seat........;)

Ms Lauren, are you not supposed to be in court in Ennis as we speak:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Flyer28 wrote: »
    I suppose you can if you can't think of any response other than passive-agressive behaviour.

Travelling in economy class isn't much fun for anyone now a days but being tall doesn't entitle you to extra space on the aircraft. Though if you feel a bit cramped, you could always try and recline your seat........;)

Well experience has told me that asking politely doesn't work, so being "passive aggressive" is probably better than being outright aggressive and rude to somebody :)

I'm not looking for extra space I just expect to have the space I have paid for originally not to be disrupted, whilst having the good manners not to bother the poor innocent soul behind me who is also not reclining their chair.

I had better stop or I'll certainly overstep the trivial mark :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »

I will probably ( along with a few others I will not mention) go back to therapy;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We could probably form an anger management group:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

The incessant chatter about weddings in any office... engagement rings, venues, dresses... never-fcuking-ending

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

People using their phones hands free for no good reason.

Good reasons: you're driving, carrying stuff, have no hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ordering a pint in the pub and it being put down in front of the oh.I wouldnt mind he was even on another table.That really annoyed me he thought it was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ordering a pint in the pub and it being put down in front of the oh.I wouldnt mind he was even on another table.That really annoyed me he thought it was gas.

Ordering a pint in the pub and it being served to you tomorrow, I know it's trivial but I would like my drink before my 90th birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

dubstarr wrote: »

In fairness it's not too often you'll meet a girl who drinks pints. I do know one of my mates alright who lamps back pints of Guinness, but I don't go drinking with her too often... I can't smell a thing, but everyone around us thinks I'm the guilty party when she releases her noxious fumes... :(

"Tharrr she blows", as yer man says in Moby Dick! :D

EDIT: I can't smell a thing anyway because I have no sense of smell, but my frickin' ears still work, I can still hear it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Well experience has told me that asking politely doesn't work, so being "passive aggressive" is probably better than being outright aggressive and rude to somebody :)

I'm not looking for extra space I just expect to have the space I have paid for originally not to be disrupted, whilst having the good manners not to bother the poor innocent soul behind me who is also not reclining their chair.

I had better stop or I'll certainly overstep the trivial mark :pac:

Fair enough. And don't get me wrong - I would certainly prefer if the person in front didn't recline. But by the same logic, I would also prefer if the seat beside me was vacant on every flight. :)

The question is where does the space you paid for begin and end? i.e. Does it include the fresh air in front of you or behind you?

I have no desire to inconvenience the person behind me but if I feel I have to sit bolt upright (with perhaps a reclined seat in front of me), then it is I (and only I) that is inconvenienced.

As I said, consideration goes both ways.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Czarcasm wrote: »
    In fairness it's not too often you'll meet a girl who drinks pints. I do know one of my mates alright who lamps back pints of Guinness, but I don't go drinking with her too often... I can't smell a thing, but everyone around us thinks I'm the guilty party when she releases her noxious fumes... :(

"Tharrr she blows", as yer man says in Moby Dick! :D

EDIT: I can't smell a thing anyway because I have no sense of smell, but my frickin' ears still work, I can still hear it! :pac:

Everyone woman i know drinks pints.It wasnt Guinness it was lager and i was dying for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Well, it had a good run, but the time has come. The hamsters will drop dead soon if we don't lock this up.

And in case anyone was wondering....I still have that poxy spoon.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement