Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pursuits. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

maximoose wrote: »
    Just tayto bags, or all other brands of crisp bags?

Just tayto bags
    When people call all brands of crisps Tayto.

I hate that too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jkell061

Ignorant cnuts too busy trying to squeeze into a bus/train/luas before letting anyone off. I make it my business to shoulder them good n hard on my way out

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

When people throw bowls, pots and lunchboxes on the top shelf of the dishwasher.. pure lazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

wadefuq wrote: »
    When people throw bowls, pots and lunchboxes on the top shelf of the dishwasher.. pure lazy

That's where the bowls and lunchboxes go!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭ronjo

People who write DH referring to their husband or DD and DS for their children
    Not sure if I have ever seen DW but I am sure its there somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

dont mind the feet on seats but bags on seats is a joke, was on the train l8ly and an old woman(cough free travel) had a few bags on the seat,then another woman got on and she went to sit down on the seat with the bags on it, the old woman made a half arsed attempt to move them, then the other woman had to stand the whole way to dublin.

When you get on the Train or Bus just seek out the people with bags on seats even if there's other free seats,the reaction from them is priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Nothing annoys me most than when I come across a quality thread and have a reply that guarantees loads of thanks but a load of posters got there first and your stuck on the 9th page or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Motorists not using their indicators who just randomly veer off the road or a roundabout exit. Its pure selfishness "im in my own world,I'm going where I want to go without warning anyone and I dont give a bollix about anyone else having to adapt to my **** driving".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

People dumping christmas trees. FFS, get an artificial tree if you can't dispose of it properly :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

people who can't be arsed to park properly, and just abandon their cars over two car spaces. usually happens when you're looking at the last empty, (and now unavailable) space in the whole car park.....

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

igorbiscan wrote: »
    Motorists not using their indicators who just randomly veer off the road or a roundabout exit. Its pure selfishness "im in my own world,I'm going where I want to go without warning anyone and I dont give a bollix about anyone else having to adapt to my **** driving".
    An auld lad near me is notirious for this. I pulled him up on it in our local. He said," im saving the bulbs for the nct"

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wadefuq

AnonoBoy wrote: »

That's where the bowls and lunchboxes go!!!!!!

I've always out them on the bottom, leaving more room for cups and glasses on top, tend.nit to have to put in as many washes this way... Ah its not he end if he world stuff I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Driving behind someone in the morning doing 15 miles an hour because they think the roads are slippy when they are not!!!
    I think that's when I am at my angriest...

That, and then they don't indicate at a roundabout/junction.

Boils My P*ss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

People using "press" to mean cupboard or in place of the verb "iron".

razorgil wrote: »
    people who can't be arsed to park properly, and just abandon their cars over two car spaces. usually happens when you're looking at the last empty, (and now unavailable) space in the whole car park.....

Oh, I fell into that category the other morning. Felt such a dick and will never do it again!

I went into uni at 6am because I couldn't sleep and wanted to get some revision done before an exam at 9:30.
    The plan was an hour or so to study then home for breakfast, coffee etc. and back for the exam.
    It was dark and cold so I left the car badly parked on the space nearest the uni.

Anyway... Ended up staying longer than planned and went straight into the exam. Came back at 12 to a full carpark and my car looking so out of place.

I wonder how people do it all the time and not notice how dickish they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

2 ply toilet roll, that isn't rolled right , so the ply doesn't match up.

Signs written in shops, with incorrect spelling.

Seeing cyclists on the road/cycle path , using the wrong gear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Misspelled thread titles and, particularly, usernames.

Dogs with one or both of their ears flipped back.

People with their mouths permanently slightly open.

Sales assistants not looking at you when serving you.

The little gap between tracks which were mixed together when listening to an album in MP3 form. It ruins the second side of Abbey Road, for example.

People openly stating that they know nothing by The Beatles without the appropriate embarrassment.

Someone trying to talk to me while I'm trying to read.

Writing a really long, great post/fantastic thanks-whoring reply, only to find the thread's been locked when you try to post it.

"Would/should/could/might/may of," and, worse, "If I had of done..." (there shouldn't even be a "have" between "had" and the main verb in a third conditional sentence, let alone an "of").

The way an edited post looks, and the crushing disappointment felt when I rush to ninja edit a post, but am too late (EDIT: just closed the bracket in the previous sentence, hope I'm still within the time limit).

This complete b*stard: :rolleyes:. The last refuge of a scoundrel with nothing to back up their point.

Despite all that, I'm a very easygoing chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

When the person in front of me in the checkout queue doesn't put down the "next customer please" thing.

It's proper supermarket etiquette to put it down after you've loaded all your stuff on to the conveyor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Absolutezero

People who play the spoons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

people who dont let you go b4 them in supermarkets when you have a can of lynx or something and they have a trolley of shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

How motorcyclists are treated like criminals at petrol stations.

?

Try walking inside to pay for petrol with a helmet on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

People who talk on their phones while buying something and totally ignoring the person behind the till, or the person behind the till having a conversation with a colleague and completely ignoring. Boils my blood :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Soft inda Head

being in a public toilet and seeing people not wash their hands after using the facilities, see it every day, it disgusts me.

Went out on a works night out one time and seen a workmate failing to wash his hands after a pi$$, said it was his pi$$ and it wouldn't effect him! :(

Try walking inside to pay for petrol with a helmet on.

take it off:p

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

A radio presenter saying "Caller on line 2" or otherwise mentioning the number of the line. Do any one of us give a damn whether the caller is on line 2 or line 500!

Cheap filler talk so the presenter doesnt have to use his brain. Its not just Joe Duffy who does it either I heard that gimp on 4fm saying it the other day

fupduck wrote: »
    2 ply toilet roll, that isn't rolled right , so the ply doesn't match up.

Signs written in shops, with incorrect spelling.

Seeing cyclists on the road/cycle path , using the wrong gear

What difference does it make? Depends on your own strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When people pronounce definitely as definightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

when in the queue in the shop and the person on front waits til the cashier says the amount to go rummaging through their purse, taking another 5 mintes to pay:mad:

• Advertisement

SEAN_DUB wrote: »
    People who talk on their phones while buying something and totally ignoring the person behind the till, or the person behind the till having a conversation with a colleague and completely ignoring. Boils my blood :mad:

girl working in the shop in connolly station yesterday, i said well, she ignored me and threw in a dirty look for free, then i paid and she didnt respond, next time shes working im gonna buy something and pay in 1 cent coins, plus im going to just put them on the counter.:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement