Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hurmf

When parents use their buggies as battering rams on a crowded street or shopping centre, esp when they roll it into the back of your ankles or over your toes. Do they think they own the place/street cause they have a buggy & everyone should get out of their way!

cassi wrote: »
    When people get up to leave a room and swing the door but dont actually close it!!!! Drives me farking mental, how difficult is it to fully close the door!!??

THIS.

And afterwards the draft makes it bang off the door frame repeatedly. Brain aneurysm inducing stuff.

THEN when you get up to close it, the second you sir back down and get settled they do the exact same thing again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People who put the seats right back in aeroplanes right at the start of a long journey and then get really surprised when you ask them to put it back, as if if was going to be no problem at all that you had someone on your lap for a seven hour flight..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who quote posts on boards.ie and say "THIS" instead of saying "I agree with this", or "this also bothers me".
    Laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who quote posts on boards.ie and say "THIS" instead of saying "I agree with this", or "this also bothers me".
    Laziness.

This.

I agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

Another one is toilet attendants in nightclubs, I learnt to wash and dry my own hands when I was a toddler, thanks. I sure as hell don't need assistance at 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

People who play the spoons

Even Him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvLaziUsTo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Garzard wrote: »
    Another one is toilet attendants in nightclubs, I learnt to wash and dry my own hands when I was a toddler, thanks. I don't need assistance.

They really irritate me, they fall over themselves to try and give you paper to dry your hands with, and they look disgusted when you decline and use the hand drier. You should be able to go to the bathroom in peace without being intimidated into giving someone money. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Where I live the council have drawn parallel lines across some streets where lollypop wardens take children across the road to various schools. The problem is that the vast majority of ordinary pedestrians insist on using them like zebra crossings and walk straight out in front of drivers. If you don't stop to let them cross they give you dirty looks. I'm amazed that no one has been killed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

When I'm alone walking along a path and a group of 2 or 3 people (usually women lets face it) walk towards me but none of them will move over so I end up walking in the wet grass :(

• Advertisement

Hurmf wrote: »
    When parents use their buggies as battering rams on a crowded street or shopping centre, esp when they roll it into the back of your ankles or over your toes. Do they think they own the place/street cause they have a buggy & everyone should get out of their way!

Reminded me of another one.

When I'm in Pennys (I don't know why it's always in Pennys), and I go to turn around back the way I came but there's a buggy there blocking the entire aisle. So I turn around the other way, but oh look there's a buggy blocking the entire aisle on that side too. So I pick a direction and politely say "sorry 'scuse me" or "could I just get by there". No reaction. I end up standing around until the buggy people move, or if I do find somewhere to squeeze through, inevitably find myself blocked off by another buggy. I always try to go to Pennys really late because honest to god I'm usually guaranteed to have socially awkward dances with prams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

They really irritate me, they fall over themselves to try and give you paper to dry your hands with, and they look disgusted when you decline and use the hand drier. You should be able to go to the bathroom in peace without being intimidated into giving someone money. :mad:

Most of them deliberately block the hand driers so you're forced to use their hand towels. Hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

judgefudge wrote: »
    When I'm alone walking along a path and a group of 2 or 3 people (usually women lets face it) walk towards me but none of them will move over so I end up walking in the wet grass :(

Just stop and stand your ground, guarantee they'll move over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Female students in night clubs and pubs trying to bum free drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Garzard wrote: »
    Most of them deliberately block the hand driers so you're forced to use their hand towels. Hate them.

I would just go get tissue from the stalls in that case, the same as I would normally if they werent there. I miss the days were they didnt exist. They serve no real purpose, we got along fine before them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

When people stop to talk to each other in the middle of the stairs (especially when they're going in opposite directions) and block the whole staircase while they have their chat. Move aside, you idiots.

I really am getting less patient with people who walk slowly/stop in the middle of the street - I think I may have actually shouted "MOVE!" (instead of just thinking it) at someone who stopped in front of me a couple weeks ago. In fairness, I was (literally) running for the Luas and he just stopped in my way... but I need to control that impatience a bit more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have been tempted to get one of these ...

http://bit.ly/WOn67N

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

people at the bank, when having completed their business, go on to have a full blown conversation with the cashier, "don't mind the queue missus, once you get the gossip off bridie 'bout that wedding last week, and you're probably right, it won't last, shes not good enough for him, she did marry above her station", and having said her goodbyes, and semi-turned to leave, she remembers something else, and has to go through that in minute detail also....oblivious to the twenty dagger eyes behind her.

People who eat popcorn in handfuls too big for their face so lots of popcorn falls all over their shirt.

I'm ok with that.

When that same person doesn't even seem the least bit interested in eating the popcorn they've dropped on themselves and then stands up, leaving popcorn on the sofa and the floor, it's just too much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The noise people make when they are eating a bag of crisps....really annoys me. I don't make noise at all when I'm eating my crisps ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Drivers that you pull in for to let them pass you out on a tight road, or drivers you let out in traffic... That sail on without acknowledging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

damp salt that won't come out of the salt cellars , then come out in a mighty gush, destroying your dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

People who just stare at you on the dart, being stuck behind slow walkers, people who sit beside you on the bus or dart and take up 3/4 of the seat, people reading your paper over your shoulder and when you cant find the remote.

All of these boil my blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

People who sit on the outside seat of the DART/train on a weekday morning, and take their sweet time about standing up to let someone else sit down. The train is always full. Can you not just sit beside the window and save everyone the hassle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mickey is 50 years old and I love him dearly. We've been through a lot together and he knows me inside out. However, it's been bitterly cold these last few mornings and Mickey has retreated in to his shell (so as to speak). I've tried talking to him but we don't see eye to eye. I fuppin' hate Winter :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Supermarket cashiers who ask me if I have a clubcard. If I had one, and wanted to use it, I would have given it to you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭SEAN_DUB

People who don't use indicators on roundabouts!!!! Wrecks my head

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Radio dj's who insist on talking over the intro of a song and even slow their speech just to time it with the start of the vocals

Interviewing children on radio aaarrrggghhh cute my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

big dar wrote: »
    Interviewing children on radio aaarrrggghhh cute my arse
    Ian Dempsey in particular. Cannot stand when he talks to children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Fat kids. I hate seeing them chubby little fukkers waddling their way to school
    in the mornings. Their parents should be shot with balls of their own ****e.l

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement