Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Someone in work keeps putting my nutella jar in the fridge, what the f*ck is wrong with this sick, deranged person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

Irish radio, never listen to it, unfunny dj's playing the same songs over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The way digestive biscuits always break and fall all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You seemingly can, but it takes a lot of practice. I personally would miss the voices in my head :pac:

I can speed read.

I didn't realise it until I had to do a reading at a friends wedding and I kept missing words and stumbling over things (when I was practicing) because I was reading them much quicker than I could say them.

It took me ages to be able to read the words correctly out loud and it made me feel like a bit of a ret*rd to be honest. I felt like I couldn't read properly cos I couldn't read out loud!

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Everything! Almost everything annoys me especially people, most people are idiots.
    Ugh, don't get me started on people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

Cashiers in shops not handing change back to you directly, instead slapping it down on the counter where you have to try and pick the coins up again.

Fine if I did the same by throwing money on the counter initially ( which I don't), but at least try to reciprocate.

Theres a weak arguement that it prevents the spread of germs...BUT they are handling money anyway, which probably has every pox known to man on it.

And if its intended as an invitation to leave a tip, F**k off! I would have already left you a tip if I thought you did a good job

Boils my blood, Pure ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

When people feel the need to whine about every little thing. There's a girl in college and she ALWAYS finds something complain about no matter where she is. Drives me mad!

She sounds like a negative creep to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

:rolleyes:
    nocoverart wrote: »
    Here here! RTE should just have a fookin black ribbon in the corner for it's logo, it's so damn depressing. The old grannies thrive on that depressing sh1te. And while I'm at it, old grannies annoy me. People who pretentiously makes noises when they eat really fookin annoys me! women who give me the eye in a bar but expect me to make the first move eeks me. Mainstream TV shows, mainstream Radio and mainstream music annoys me so much that I can feel the blood pressure going up. OP, you opened a can of worms in my head. Apart from that I'm quite easygoing.

Same here, it's become such a problem I can't go out any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Housemate that blazes the living room gas fire (as well as rads) when he's on his own in the house in bermudas and t-shirt resulting in a MASSIVE bill this January and last that we all pay. They weren't even cold winters. Ignorant mucksavage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Garzard

The upc remote is badly designed anyway, the numbers section should be at the bottom, and the play, pause rewind coloured buttons should be at the top. Sky got it right. :D

The remote is annoying enough, but the UPC box itself has its issues - why can't I record multiple programmes at once? In this day nd age ffs. Hopefully we'll be switching to something else soon enough! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

When people put a wet spoon back into the sugar bowl..ahhhh coffee crystals!!

chakotha wrote: »
    Housemate that blazes the living room gas fire (as well as rads) when he's on his own in the house in bermudas and t-shirt resulting in a MASSIVE bill this January and last that we all pay. They weren't even cold winters. Ignorant mucksavage.

reminds me of a guy i once lived with in college, he would head off to work leaving his lights in his room on, his tv, the emersion, he once lit 2 fire logs that werent his, then sat in front of the fire for 2 mins then headed off to work.

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    When people put a wet spoon back into the sugar bowl..ahhhh coffee crystals!!
    Brown ones.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The lack of use of full stops at the end of thread titles. :D

Windows Update reboots. After all these years, you'd think they'd learn how to install updates without needing a reboot.

The fact that half the food in my local Tesco's has a use-by-date of less than 1 week. Makes it so hard to do a weekly shop. (ok, not so trivial).

How motorcyclists are treated like criminals at petrol stations.

[QUOT

How motorcyclists are treated like criminals at petrol stations.[/QUOTE]

?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

When I'm in bed looking at my phone and it slips through my hands and smacks me in the face. Damn gravity, I know how Newton felt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

People that say Euros:

"That's 20 Euros please".

It's not!!!!!

The plural of Euro is Euro goddammit!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

would be funny if about 5 of ye grabbed him 1 day after he used the toilet and forced him to wash his hands, he might get the message then.
    Jaysus ya wouldn't risk it, he was a bit of a hippy type individual, had that never washed look about him, birds nest hair. Was seen frequenting certain pubs in Cork where "exotic" tobacco was widely available, cycled a high nelly, even on the most atrocious of days, in his jesus sandals. Best just to steer clear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Flaker wrote: »
    I can speed read.

I didn't realise it until I had to do a reading at a friends wedding and I kept missing words and stumbling over things (when I was practicing) because I was reading them much quicker than I could say them.

It took me ages to be able to read the words correctly out loud and it made me feel like a bit of a ret*rd to be honest. I felt like I couldn't read properly cos I couldn't read out loud!

Would you not practise the reading for a wedding beforehand??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

The little beep that goes off over the door of Tescos as I'm carrying out my groceries...... that I've f**kin' paid for! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Muckit wrote: »
    The little beep that goes off over the door of Tescos as I'm carrying out my groceries...... that I've f**kin' paid for! :mad:

Tell it to the Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Col200sx wrote: »
    People that say Euros:

"That's 20 Euros please".

It's not!!!!!

The plural of Euro is Euro goddammit!!!!!
    People who call them Yoyos. You should be allowed to stab those feckers in the godsdamned face.

when my siblings park right behind me when theres loads of space to park elsewhere and i always park in a away they can get out without me having to move my car, then when you are looking for them to move their cars, they moan at you and ask you to move it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

People who walk slowly in front of me.

Even though I know I walk very fast and sometimes they're old and they're usually women, they probably have shorter legs than me and walk at a normal pace and are sometimes burdened by high heels. Just ten minutes ago I was walking out of the DART station trying to get home out of the rain and two ladies were walking S O S L OW L Y (i.e. at a normal pace) over the footbridge, I was stuck behind them getting soaked in the rain and could not pass them out and even though it only lasted less than a minute it made me incandescent with rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Feet up on seats and giving bags a seat too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

When someone opens a tayto bag upside down :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

reminds me of a guy i once lived with in college, he would head off to work leaving his lights in his room on, his tv, the emersion, he once lit 2 fire logs that werent his, then sat in front of the fire for 2 mins then headed off to work.
    Cashiers in shops not handing change back to you directly, instead slapping it down on the counter where you have to try and pick the coins up again.

Fine if I did the same by throwing money on the counter initially ( which I don't), but at least try to reciprocate.

Theres a weak arguement that it prevents the spread of germs...BUT they are handling money anyway, which probably has every pox known to man on it.

And if its intended as an invitation to leave a tip, F**k off! I would have already left you a tip if I thought you did a good job

Boils my blood, Pure ignorance.

Its worse again when they hand you the receipt and throw all the change on too of it, it goes fcuking everywhere!

Another thing that really irks me is when people boil 3 times the amount of water that they need

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

When someone opens a tayto bag upside down :mad:

Just tayto bags, or all other brands of crisp bags?

Back on topic: When people call all brands of crisps Tayto.

col.in.Cr wrote: »
    Feet up on seats and giving bags a seat too

dont mind the feet on seats but bags on seats is a joke, was on the train l8ly and an old woman(cough free travel) had a few bags on the seat,then another woman got on and she went to sit down on the seat with the bags on it, the old woman made a half arsed attempt to move them, then the other woman had to stand the whole way to dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I get a bit of road rage every now and then...
    I get angry on my way to work sometimes because there is always this bit of road where you can't overtake but nearly always get stuck behind some lorry, tractor, nana or grampa that go slow... These days I try to focus on singing along with the radio if that happens instead of getting annoyed because otherwise I get urges to go all Grand Theft Auto on the slow drivers on the road :D
    Also, I effin cant stand it when I see people on their phones driving. It's soooooo dangerous! It only takes a second and they could kill someone or get killed themselves. And all over a stupid phone call!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement