Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child bearing years

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Faith wrote: »
    I'm the youngest of two, with 7 years between us, and the youngest of close to 30 cousins! Growing up, our house was fairly isolated so a lot of my social contact was with people older than me. Even friends who lived nearby were a year or two older. I'm just about to turn 26 and I still prefer to be around people older than me. My OH is 5 years older, and I feel exactly right hanging out with his friends. I'm doing a Masters now where a lot of my classmates are only 21, and as much as I like them, I feel a bit awkward around them because I'm much more aware of my age :o.

So for me, the theory that it's due to lack of exposure to babies and young kids holds true. My OH is equally unconcerned about having kids, and he's an only child with a small extended family.
    A am the yougest of two and one of the youngest cousins and had very liitle exposure to children growiing up but I always wanted to be a parent, I never dated someone who did not want children as it was always something I asked them at the friend stage first. As it turns out it was very difficult for me to have them but I am thrilled to be a parent and have great fun with my two.

Advertisement