Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

EDIT: Oh yes, get your friend to swipe your time card in the morning so you can still come in late in the morning, and leave at 4 taking advantage of the flexi time system!

Legend has it that in my former workplace, a guy was clocked in while he was dead because of such a system...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The tower at Pisa is so funny to climb. You're leaning left one second and right the next as you walk around it. Fun to lean off the top too!

I wore a sleeveless top and knee length skirt that day, they made me put on one of those blue paper gowns to cover myself in the church :pac: I love the photos of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Messed up an appointment. I thought it was today, turns out it was Monday. Bugger.

Also, my knee is fecked up. I hurt it last week. It was sore until Monday, seemed a good bit better and it's worse again today. I had to get a taxi the last bit home because the walk up the hill from the bus would have killed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Really bugs the crap out of me when people think being a parent is grounds to get away with things, like not paying a bill for almost 4 months. "I need my service I have a child!" aaand? you were happy to use said service without paying for it for months, now its gone its super important. If you that desparately need to be able to make phone calls get a free prepay sim and stick a tenner onto it, dont be hurling abuse at me because you think popping a kid out entitles you to pay for stuff whenever you feel like it.

I really hate this self entitlement thing, I dont want to pay for this product or service, but if you cut it off I'll go mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

krudler wrote: »
    Really bugs the crap out of me when people think being a parent is grounds to get away with things, like not paying a bill for almost 4 months. "I need my service I have a child!" aaand? you were happy to use said service without paying for it for months, now its gone its super important. If you that desparately need to be able to make phone calls get a free prepay sim and stick a tenner onto it, dont be hurling abuse at me because you think popping a kid out entitles you to pay for stuff whenever you feel like it.

I really hate this self entitlement thing, I dont want to pay for this product or service, but if you cut it off I'll go mental.
    Write a letter to "the Man".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

electricity bill is a nightmare in winter :(

any money I might have had, or was trying to save towards new shoes, nope...

no new shoes for me any time soon.

Links234 wrote: »
    electricity bill is a nightmare in winter :(

any money I might have had, or was trying to save towards new shoes, nope...

no new shoes for me any time soon.
    How many pairs of shoes do you have?

Ella wrote: »

Do you ever really have shoes? Or do they merely enter our lives for a fleeting moment to brighten our days? :thoughtful smiley with a professor hat:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm stuck in the crappy 4 year old Asics I wore on the bike this morning, forgot the shoes I wanted to wear in work today. *sadpandaface*

I'm not into shoes so i'd be more inclinded to pay my ESB bill.

• Advertisement

Well, it's a new pair of heels I'm after and I've only got 2 pairs of heels, if that gives you an idea. ;)

I hope you're not going to tell me I've got enough shoes, because that ain't gonna wash :p

I'm not into shoes so i'd be more inclinded to pay my ESB bill.

That's getting payed anyway, no two ways about it!

Well, it's a new pair of heels I'm after and I've only got 2 pairs of heels, if that gives you an idea. ;)

I hope you're not going to tell me I've got enough shoes, because that ain't gonna wash :p
    You've MILLIONS of shoes! You shoe freak!

You've MILLIONS of shoes! You shoe freak!

I don't really. :o

Not millions anyway.

Thousands perhaps... tens of thousands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I don't really. :o

Not millions anyway.

Thousands perhaps... tens of thousands!
    You're like Imelda Marcos's love child! :P

Ok I admit it, I had to get rid of my mattress and sleep on a pile of shoes, it's not very comfortable :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I hate shopping but love having new things. If I was famous, people would bring clothing to my house to try on and I might not even have to pay for it. So far it's the only benefit I can think of about being famous.

Weird dream last night where I was behaving completely out of character. I was cheating, which is wildly outside of my moral compass, but worse still. I was at the gym.

WTF?!

Ew sweaty cheating is way worse than normal cheating. Shame on you!

Ew sweaty cheating is way worse than normal cheating. Shame on you!

If I was cheating I'd bloody well want it to be sweaty cheating.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    If I was cheating I'd bloody well want it to be sweaty cheating.
    Only while you were "at it" not in a gym where you're after sweating before. Ick!

Unless you were both in the shower, Das?

• Advertisement

Only while you were "at it" not in a gym where you're after sweating before. Ick!

You mean you don't do stretches and a 10 minute warm up on the exercise bike? :confused:

You mean you don't do stretches and a 10 minute warm up on the exercise bike? :confused:
    Before a ride? Erm, no......

Before a ride? Erm, no......

Next you'll be saying you don't do a cool down followed by 15 minutes in an ice bath. :P

Next you'll be saying you don't do a cool down followed by 15 minutes in an ice bath. :P
    A fag usually does the job for me :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Was bringing the dogs out, asked the old man if he'd like to go to the park. "I'm going to the park dad, do you want to go to the park?" Dogs get excited. Dad says no. "OK, I'm going to the park, see you later" dogs go crazy, barking, back flips etc... "YAY WE'RE GOING TO THE PARK"

Follow me to the front door.. "See ya guys"

3 confused faces look back at me through the glass as I lock the door and walk away.

I did of course go back for them. I'm such a bitch. :D

I've spent the past ten minutes trying to come up with a name for a 30 minute HBO comedy-drama about a sex-injury physiotherapist. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Working a 12 hour shift today and there's nothing to do!! Going mad with boredom. Looked back through last months bank statements - almost 450 euro spent on eating out/takeaway, no wonder our saving hasn't been going too well!
    :eek::o:eek::o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The gym was another part of the dream. There was no actual cheating scenes in the dream, I just knew I was. A bit gipped I suppose!

Last time I was pregnant I was dreaming I was riding a penis-shrub. It was a shrub that had cocks growing on it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Last time I was pregnant I was dreaming I was riding a penis-shrub. It was a shrub that had cocks growing on it.
    This is when i wish dreams came true!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The gym was another part of the dream. There was no actual cheating scenes in the dream, I just knew I was. A bit gipped I suppose!

I LOL'd!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement