Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

He does.

How does he still have a tooth in his head :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've actually cut down drastically on hot drinks, down to around 3 cups of tea or coffee a day in work and a cup of green or herbal tea in the evening at home. Unfortunately I take sugar or honey in all of them so best not to have too much...

I take sugar in regular tea and a few herbal teas so try now to avoid those. I tried to wean myself off sugar, I now take one teaspoon in a normal size mug but it still takes crap! On days I feel I need to I'll take 2, which is still a cutback for me :p

Have severely cut down on hot chocolates, sadly! I want one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

How someone has enough hours in the day to drink 30 cups of tea is beyond me :pac:

Same with 20+ a day smokers.

Cookies in the oven now, can't wait for them to be finished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I've been meaning to get one of those. Possible Tesco run incoming, I've got extra veg in my fridge that would be really nice if I turned them into soup...
    Do it! I never have to throw out leftover veg as I always make a soup out of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

How does he still have a tooth in his head :eek:

No idea. He's actually relatively healthy for the amount of crap he eats.
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    How someone has enough hours in the day to drink 30 cups of tea is beyond me :pac:

Same with 20+ a day smokers.

Cookies in the oven now, can't wait for them to be finished :D

lol :pac: he'd drink a lot particularly when he's studying.

He even has to have a cup of tea when we go to the cinema. Such a grandpa!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I've actually cut down drastically on hot drinks, down to around 3 cups of tea or coffee a day in work and a cup of green or herbal tea in the evening at home. Unfortunately I take sugar or honey in all of them so best not to have too much...

Ah shíte :(

Monday seems to be total gouging for travelling, my flight home on Monday evening was nearly 70 quid one-way :eek:

They were 19 quid each way the other day but I didn't have the card on me to buy. They could have had €38 from me now they'll get nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think I could drink 30 cups a day if I wasn't concerned about my damn sugar addiction!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Rennee are magic pills!

Had sausages mah dinner. Mmmmmmm! Nicecream now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I dont drink tea or coffee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

When I started drinking coffee, I could only drink it mixed with hot chocolate. Wouldn't want too many of those in a day!

Now if I'm out for coffee I'll only get an americano. I likes my strong coffee :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

That's an awful lot of tea
    I like vanilla lattes but have them rarely

its so cold! German was fun. Theyre doing a scholarship for 2 people to do a course in Germany, 2 weeks, all paid except only part of the flight. Could be cool to apply for, would be in oct/Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I need a rant.

The world is a ****ed up place. Especially here. I read on the paper that 4 teenagers have killed themselves in 10 weeks, and that is not including the young guy that killed himself this morning in a neighbouring village or the 3 others in other villages. Where is the ****ing support?! There is none and its ridiculous. It pisses me off. And i just wish they would realise that suicide is not the only option. There are so many things they could do than taking their lives for **** sake. I just hate the fact that there is nothing here for them. Instead of helping the friends of those kids, they put them on suicide watch. Its ****ing ridiculous. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Why does milka chocolate have to be so nice :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Got a B+ in my latest college assignment, due another result tomorrow.

Running an average now of a second overall, need to really put effort into sorting out my referencing as I'd have a chance of an overall first if I can correct that, I'm falling down badly on it, have gotten better, but it was the difference between an A and the B+ I did get in this latest assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

On the subject of tea. I have a really cute little whistling kettle for on my hob. Nothing like tea which announces itself with a "Whhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee" So I survive nicely without my electric eyesore.

Day out with the mammy tomorrow. Really looking forward to it! Still haven't decided where to have lunch.

Here's a silly question - when ye're planning holidays do ye check trip advisor for restaurants and choose some before you leave? Do you get all stressed out trying to choose?

I'm my own worse enemy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Worst :)

I have checked in the past, but usually I prefer to see what I am in the mood for and if the place looks nice enough. It is handy to know if there are places to avoid though!

My vanilla earl grey teabags arrived. HEAVEN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Whispered wrote: »
    Here's a silly question - when ye're planning holidays do ye check trip advisor for restaurants and choose some before you leave? Do you get all stressed out trying to choose?

I'm my own worse enemy.

No, but that would have avoided the traipsing around aimlessly looking for something decent on some trips!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

xLexie wrote: »
    It's name was Kiki as far as I remember! We got pics with it as kids too
    I had a picture taken with a Dulux dog too, but a different one. His name was Sultan.

Ugh, was the last one in the office today. Left work shortly after nine after nearly 13 hours. I don't know why I bother cause it's not even appreciated :(

I hate not having the time in the evening to unwind properly.

/moan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

On the subject of tea. I have a really cute little whistling kettle for on my hob. Nothing like tea which announces itself with a "Whhh[SIZE="4"]hhhhhhee[/SIZE][SIZE="5"]eeeeeeee[/SIZE][SIZE="6"]eeee[/SIZE]" So I survive nicely without my electric eyesore.

Day out with the mammy tomorrow. Really looking forward to it! Still haven't decided where to have lunch.

I'm my own worse enemy.
    For me... I have fun looking for places to eat and feeling like I discovered it all by myself

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I'm my own worse enemy.
    It would never occur to me to do this!

If you have a library near you perhaps you could get a guide book that you can bring with you? They would have recommendations for restaurants. :)

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Worst :)

I have checked in the past, but usually I prefer to see what I am in the mood for and if the place looks nice enough. It is handy to know if there are places to avoid though!

My vanilla earl grey teabags arrived. HEAVEN

I actually had it written with a t, then changed it.

Good idea to concentrate on places to avoid rather than places to go!
    Ice Storm wrote: »
    It would never occur to me to do this!

I've been wrecking my own head reading up about them, and I'm half tempted to write the names down in case I miss a really good one while there. BUT my husband is calling me "planno" and saying I'm over thinking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I actually had it written with a t, then changed it.

Good idea to concentrate on places to avoid rather than places to go!

I've been wrecking my own head reading up about them, and I'm half tempted to write the names down in case I miss a really good one while there. BUT my husband is calling me "planno" and saying I'm over thinking.

I'd never check places out in advance tbh

Don't you worry about missing somewhere good?

I never used to, then on holidays a few years ago, the hotel recommended a restaurant and told us it was "number one on trip advisor". It was honestly one of the best meals and most memorable meals we've had. So now I'm going overboard and trying to find all the good places. :o

Although, it seems that if somewhere is out of the way or recently opened it can have all amazing reviews, but because the others have more reviews it rates higher. So I could be missing out on lovely places by using TA too much.

First world problems. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Oooh, a whistling kettle! A new gadget I could acquire!

I normally pick restaurants on trip advisor for one or two nights and see where the wind takes me for the others. Have had some great meals in TripAdvisor places.

I think you really need a holiday... :pac:

@ whispered

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

some of the reviews on tripadvisor would put you off going anywhere, have seen hotels that were great get slated of the most minor things on there, if you go to a hotel and start taking pics of a scuff on a skirting board you have too much time on your hands.

Don't you worry about missing somewhere good?
    :

No :) Possibly due to the fact I travel so much with work, I've my own system I use for checking out places, and it rarely fails me :)

Stheno wrote: »
    No :) Possibly due to the fact I travel so much with work, I've my own system I use for checking out places, and it rarely fails me :)

Oh do tell. I can add it to my "trip advisor but not too much" method of choosing places to eat and make getting food even more complicated :pac:

Bluewolf - when I find it hard to sleep, I actually worry about stupid things like this. Ridiculous isn't it!

Oh do tell. I can add it to my "trip advisor but not too much" method of choosing places to eat and make getting food even more complicated :pac:

Bluewolf - when I find it hard to sleep, I actually worry about stupid things like this. Ridiculous isn't it!

1. How busy is the place.
    2. How many of the customers are local (you can usually figure that out within a day)
    3. How do prices compare to other similar restaurants (if too low, rubbish, if too high, either pretentious or very very good)

So avoid places that are quiet, full of tourists, and seem a bit under/over average on pricing :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I eat at McDonalds a lot on my holidays. I'm clearly so uncouth. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement