Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lucyfur wrote: »
    How's your belly, Das?

Okay today. Almost
    threw up on the toddler
    yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh no!!! When my friend was preggers,
    she threw up in her toddlers toy basket. He was very unimpressed.

Hopefully you'll be over the worst in the next week or so x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Poor mammies! There really should be a mothers day every week, with everything you have to put up with.

Would anybody know where to point me in the direction of a cheap pre-owned exercise bike. My dad has finally been taking care of himself and is loosing weight. We've all been worried about him because he is dangerously heavy and he really needs to do something about it. The weight is coming off slowly, and now he's looking for an exercise bike. If I had the money I'd get one for him. He lost weight before and put it back on, so we're trying to keep the momentum going this time. So proud of him that he's doing something now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

No college for me today either. I feel like such a slacker, even though I know it's for the best. In bed watching A Cinderella Story now and going to move onto The Good Wife for some quality entertainment after that!

Hope your sickness eases up soon, Das :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

WinterSong wrote: »
    No college for me today either. I feel like such a slacker, even though I know it's for the best. In bed watching A Cinderella Story now and going to move onto The Good Wife for some quality entertainment after that!

While you're in France, you should watch some of the classic French comedies, the sort of films that every French person has watched a million times, like:
    Le diner des cons,
    Any of the Louis de Funes films, particularly Rabbi Jacob, and Un aigle et une cuisse
    Any of the early Pierre Richard films, like Les Comperes and Les Fugitifs (both with Gerard Depardieu as well), and Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire
    Oh and one of my favourites is Les Bronzes font du Ski.

EDIT: They will cheer you up when you are sick too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I love the good wife. Amazing!

While you're in France, you should watch some of the classic French comedies, the sort of films that every French person has watched a million times, like:
    Le diner des cons,
    Any of the Louis de Funes films, particularly Rabbi Jacob, and Un aigle et une cuisse
    Any of the early Pierre Richard films, like Les Comperes and Les Fugitifs (both with Gerard Depardieu as well), and Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire
    Oh and one of my favourites is Les Bronzes font du Ski.

EDIT: They will cheer you up when you are sick too!

Ah, you hero! :D

shalalala wrote: »
    I love the good wife. Amazing!

I think I'm a little bit in love with Alicia/Julianna Marguiles. What a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

We have a lovely new food processor to grate the carrots for us.

And tonight it will make us tasty falafels!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

My favourite French RomCom is definitely Priceless!

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    My favourite French RomCom is definitely Priceless!

Really? I absolutely hated that. (But perhaps that's because I cannot stand Gad Elmaleh, his personality in real life puts me off bigtime).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Really? I absolutely hated that. (But perhaps that's because I cannot stand Gad Elmaleh, his personality in real life puts me off bigtime).

That sounds like a drunken attempt at a sentence :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ah I thought it was a nice little film that didn't require much thinking! (Except for reading the subtitles :P )

I just saw a post online where my boyfriend referred to me as his wife, bless him :) He's a good few months early with that one lol. Must ask him when he gets home why on earth he used wife instead of girlfriend in it, he'll either have an adorable or creepy explanation :p

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Ah I thought it was a nice little film that didn't require much thinking! (Except for reading the subtitles :P )
    I think Elmaleh is a good stand up comedian but IMO there is a problem in French comedy, that all comedians that become successful feel they HAVE to start acting too, and it doesn't always work (there is an AWFUL lot of rubbish in French cinema).

I think Elmaleh is a good stand up comedian but IMO there is a problem in French comedy, that all comedians that become successful feel they HAVE to start acting too, and it doesn't always work (there is an AWFUL lot of rubbish in French cinema).

Yeah that's definitely drunkspeak for "I hurt my leg" or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Irish grandparents have to be the funniest in the world... :pac:
    My grandmother is currently knitting a baby Jesus for her crib next Christmas and every word out of my grandad's mouth cracks me up. Heard him call someone a "dirty rabbi" the other day and he's just after remarking that their cat is "out hooring day and night"... Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

My car insurance came down by nearly 400 Euro!!! :D:D:D

Now to purchase cat insurance (which I totally didn't almost post instead of car insurance by mistake).

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I think there is something wrong with me. I've been floating in and around the 59.5 - 60 kg mark for a good year and a half. That was fine last year coz I was playing football every day and working out that I lost inches but not the numbers on the scale. Perfectly normal.
    Since November, I've done little exercise apart from the odd cycle and playing football. For the past month, I've had no motivation or energy but just enough to get me through a weekly soccer session. I've also had about 2 Chinese takeaways and 4-5 Supermac's takeaways in 6 weeks.

So I decided to see what I weighed today when I went swimming so it'd give me a good shoe up the arse.

I weigh 58.4 kg. What the actual ****? I was expecting 61 or 62 kg!!

:D I shall eat all the takeaways! :pac:

Just made this Chicken Taco for dinner. I left out the cream so it was spicy but it was nyommy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

We have a lovely new food processor to grate the carrots for us.

And tonight it will make us tasty falafels!

I miss my food processor. It was like a grown up toy! Sometimes I think I'm not a people person as I often miss my shoes or my food processor more than my family!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Daisies wrote: »
    I miss my food processor. It was like a grown up toy! Sometimes I think I'm not a people person as I often miss my shoes or my food processor more than my family!:eek:

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You can talk to your family though, you can't talk to your shoes.

Me and my shoes talk to each other all the time but my family would never bring them to the phone for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

You can talk to your family though, you can't talk to your shoes.

Me and my shoes talk to each other all the time but my family would never bring them to the phone for me.

EXACTLY. At one point when I lived in Australia a friend there asked me did I miss my family, my response "Nah, I talk to them all the time, I miss my shoes." And they thought I was strange!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I cleaned out my presses the other day. Rediscovered a jar of marshmallow fluff. Happy days.

Also, need to go to the supermarket. Had nothing really in for lunch so ended up with rashers and toast. This gluten free thing is hard when you've nothing else planned for lunch. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Just read that that lead singer of Aslan was diagnosed with cancer. Hopefully he makes a full recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I bought myself a food processor at Christmas. Best thing I've bought in years. Sometimes I think I love it as much as a person Or one of my nice handbags! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I have a food processor, a juicer (love love LOVE) a smoothie maker, a steamer....ALL THE GADGETS!!!

I had fruit cake (Christmas cake to everyone else) for dinner, NOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I have a food processor, a juicer (love love LOVE) a smoothie maker, a steamer....ALL THE GADGETS!!!
    I also have a juicer and my beloved handheld blender. I actually couldn't live without the latter: it's the best thing ever! I'm currently really obsessed with getting a super-fancy new handheld blender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hey ladies, hope you're all well!

Christ on a bike, I'm frozen. I'm staying with J this week, and the oil has been gone for two weeks. Still, it's worth it to have some proper time with him :)

I'mma bake some gluten free cookies while he's working; with Galaxy, Bourneville and Milky Bar chunks :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement