Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My hand blender is a tesco value one that cost about €10 and it's fecking mighty! So handy for soups and oat pancakes!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hermione* wrote: »
    I bought myself a food processor at Christmas. Best thing I've bought in years. Sometimes I think I love it as much as a person Or one of my nice handbags! :eek: :pac:

I know. I used to make hummous, falafel, coleslaw would take 30 seconds. Damn it, I wish I had it here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Lucyfur wrote: »
    My hand blender is a tesco value one that cost about €10 and it's fecking mighty! So handy for soups and oat pancakes!

I had a hand blender that was Tesco Value. I never bought pre made soups!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think I paid €16 for mine. Soups! NOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I need a food processor and everything. But first I need a new home! Any offers? My oh doesn't want to live with me so I would like to live alone I think. Unfortunately not that wealthy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Since I moved in with my boyfriend our kitchen has exploded with gadgets and pans! How he lived without all these things I don't know.

Still need an electronic whisk, food processor doesn't cut it for meringue. If we had more cupboard space I'd be bringing my ice cream maker and waffle maker and all the useless crap I have used once :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My favourite kitchen gadget is my kitchenaid stand mixer - I love love love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I have a little soup plunger thingy and that is the extent of my kitchen gadgets. I've even recently gotten rid of my electric kettle. I think K's issue with clutter might have rubbed off on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Whispered wrote: »
    I've even recently gotten rid of my electric kettle.

But..... But.... How do you make the tay?

I have a stupid amount of kitchen gadgets. My hand blender is definitely my favourite at the moment, was at the dentist this morning with sore wisdom teeth to be told all 4 have to come out under anaesthetic. Hence everything I'm eating this week is in puree form. Wah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

pampootie wrote: »

But..... But.... How do you make the tay?

I have a stupid amount of kitchen gadgets. My hand blender is definitely my favourite at the moment, was at the dentist this morning with sore wisdom teeth to be told all 4 have to come out under anaesthetic. Hence everything I'm eating this week is in puree form. Wah!

That was my first reaction! I moved abroad and had no kettle for the first 6 weeks. Worst 6 weeks of my life.

Hope the teeth aren't too sore for icecream. :-(

• Advertisement

That was my first reaction! I moved abroad and had no kettle for the first 6 weeks. Worst 6 weeks of my life.

Hope the teeth aren't too sore for icecream. :-(

I'd die without a kettle for any length of time. I love my tea!

Nah, it's only chewing really that hurts so lots of medicinal icecream is being had :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

/pops head in

Could ye not boil water in a saucepan and make tea if ye didn't have a kettle?

/pops head out

/pops head in

/pops head out

That's what I do. You get used to it after a while

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

/pops head in

/pops head out

It doesn't taste the same. Tea from an electric kettle is far superior to tea made from water boiled in alternative ways.

My mum's love of tea was so great that we had an emergency little portable gas hob thing in our kitchen specifically for making tea during a power cut. It does taste different that way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

It doesn't taste the same. Tea from an electric kettle is far superior to tea made from water boiled in alternative ways.
    Especially compared to the TeaMaster.

Poor Mrs. Doyle really didn't like that. :(

As for tea from one of these burco-baby-burco-boiler.jpg

Might as well make it from the hot water in the tap. Useless. IT'S NOT EVEN BOILED!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I have never made oat pancakes, even though I love oats :eek: I must rectify this travesty!
    My hand blender is also from Tesco.They've really cornered the market amongst the soup-makers.
    Daisies wrote: »
    I know. I used to make hummous, falafel, coleslaw would take 30 seconds. Damn it, I wish I had it here
    I hugged mine when I got home after reading your post!

New Masterchef! Telly-related happies :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hermione* wrote: »
    My hand blender is also from Tesco.They've really cornered the market amongst the soup-makers.
    I've been meaning to get one of those. Possible Tesco run incoming, I've got extra veg in my fridge that would be really nice if I turned them into soup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

On the subject of tea, my boyfriend drinks 30 cups of tea a day. We go through a 160 box and 80 box of Barrys every week and I don't drink tea, it's all him. Also, when he's in college/in the bike shop/at a friend's house he'd be drinking tea there too so some days he goes over 30 cups. We have a gas hob and a stove with a small hotplate purely for tea emergencies if the electricity goes out.

I got the Dermalogica dermal clay cleanser today on my sister's recommendation. Hoping it's not too harsh on my very sensitive skin (I have eczema) as I very rarely, if ever, use anything scrub-like so fingers crossed I'll have silky smooth skin soon :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oh my lord I just did the first workout of the 30 day shred, I will feel it in the morning!

The cat was sitting in a box on the couch looking over the side at me when I was on the floor and the look on her face was priceless, I started to laugh and couldn't stop :P

I'm lovely and warm now too :D

I so so so want a proper food mixer. I've wanted a €500 kenwood one for years, my granda bought it for my granny two Christmases ago and it's still in a box in her hall :( makes me cry when I walk past it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

/pops head in

/pops head out
    Or Microwave?
    On the subject of tea, my boyfriend drinks 30 cups of tea a day. We go through a 160 box and 80 box of Barrys every week and I don't drink tea, it's all him. Also, when he's in college/in the bike shop/at a friend's house he'd be drinking tea there too so some days he goes over 30 cups. We have a gas hob and a stove with a small hotplate purely for tea emergencies if the electricity goes out.

I got the Dermalogica dermal clay cleanser today on my sister's recommendation. Hoping it's not too harsh on my very sensitive skin (I have eczema) as I very rarely, if ever, use anything scrub-like so fingers crossed I'll have silky smooth skin soon :P
    Good luck with the cleanser :)

I'd drink 4 pints of tea a day in work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I wouldn't survive without an electric kettle. I'd go without heat, tv, etc just to have a kettle.

I don't drink that much tea mid-week as with college all day I don't have time and I can't drink it late at night otherwise I won't sleep.

I usually have 4-6 cups a day, and on Sat/Sun I have maybe 10-12 cups.

Knackered today after college, least I'm off tomorrow and next Monday and have about another two weeks off in dribs and drabs before college ends this summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I hope he doesn't take sugar in his tea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I usually have 4-6 cups a day, and on Sat/Sun I have maybe 10-12 cups.

That Is a hell of a lot tea :eek:

I drink roughly the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I had a freaker earlier because there was no scallions to make salad. :o Then I went to the shop and didn't buy any crap! What is wrong with me?? :eek:

Ah, yes. Tea. Think I'll have some now. :)

€33 to go to mallow on the train at 7/8am on a bank holiday Monday. Might just have been put out of a goal race... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Since I moved in with my boyfriend our kitchen has exploded with gadgets and pans! How he lived without all these things I don't know.

Still need an electronic whisk, food processor doesn't cut it for meringue. If we had more cupboard space I'd be bringing my ice cream maker and waffle maker and all the useless crap I have used once :pac:

Ok dont ask me how but I read that as an electronic w@nk. I thought sweet jesus that sounds painful. Ahem. The funny thing is I dont even need the red wine ive just had to be this dopey :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've actually cut down drastically on hot drinks, down to around 3 cups of tea or coffee a day in work and a cup of green or herbal tea in the evening at home. Unfortunately I take sugar or honey in all of them so best not to have too much...
    €33 to go to mallow on the train at 7/8am on a bank holiday Monday. Might just have been put out of a goal race... :(

Ah shíte :(

Monday seems to be total gouging for travelling, my flight home on Monday evening was nearly 70 quid one-way :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't take sugar in his tea!

He does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement