Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

100kg squat x 41 - i want 50, any body suggest a way to train for high rep single sets?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just ran 8.05 km in 38:49.

It's not a spectacular effort, but the last time I ran the same route it took me 41:03.

2:14 of an improvement after 12 days, and I'd done pretty much no running in the interim.

Sweet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

imnothim wrote: »
    100kg squat x 41 - i want 50, any body suggest a way to train for high rep single sets?

Take more painkillers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Right just 2 no's, obv a spotter isn't required on a d/l. I said no,no,no cos a lot a folk claim raw but wear a belt or straps or whatever.
    It was just a Figure of speech to emphasise that I was unequipped.

Thanks gym guys, you ruined my daily achievment.

Technically raw or enequipped is mostly used as a powerlifting term and wearing a belt is considered raw in the sport. What you did was a beltless deadlift.

1) increase max strength
    2) 80-100kg 3x15-25 w/ 60-90s recovery - increase load and reps over weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Hi All

Thought I would join in...

I was working up to this, but on Saturday I finally did:

3 sets of 7 reps of Barbell Row, @ 100KG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Good stuff, if i was you i'd go up to 140, increase your reps on that and then go back to 100, fair play man high rep squats are killer, whats your form like? high bar/low bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Why would you do so many reps in one set.

50 squats must be a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

The 20 rep squat programme is great for leg development, 50 is nuts tho but sometimes its fun to see how many reps you can get with a certain weight, try it next time you're in the gym.

Hanley wrote: »
    Technically raw or enequipped is mostly used as a powerlifting term and wearing a belt is considered raw in the sport. What you did was a beltless deadlift.

1) increase max strength
    2) 80-100kg 3x15-25 w/ 60-90s recovery - increase load and reps over weeks.

cheers for that dude, il probably give it a spin for a few weeks im ready for something new training wise.

as for the no,no,no - raw - unequipped chitchat, who fooken cares, it was last week. time to move on.

jugger0 wrote: »
    Good stuff, if i was you i'd go up to 140, increase your reps on that and then go back to 100, fair play man high rep squats are killer, whats your form like? high bar/low bar?

form is good, atg + highbar, there were a couple of lads watching and counting for me and they seemed happy with the form. i did lose a bit of shape in my back from 38, nothing drastic though, i didnt notice but they did.

because its fun. and to see could i, i picked 40 as a target, picking a number can be counter productive though
    jugger0 wrote: »
    The 20 rep squat programme is great for leg development, 50 is nuts tho but sometimes its fun to see how many reps you can get with a certain weight, try it next time you're in the gym.

fun is what its all about, il check out that 20rep programme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Im sure losing weight is tough but so is trying to gain fecking weight. Im usually swingy when it comes to calorie intake but today i managed to reach my target of 5000 lovely calories. Now i just have to do it every day and stick to it. My diet is my downfall. I enjoy the hard work in the gym but its trying to eat so much that lets me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

After 3 weeks of smolov jr, happy to report a 5kg increase in my bench press. Now at 80kg :) Not as much as I wanted, but its progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I started Smolov tonight, fair play to you.

Managed a 90kg squat on the smith machine tonight. I cant do free squats as we have no squat rack but was happy with that

stuchyg wrote: »
    I started Smolov tonight, fair play to you.

Managed a 90kg squat on the smith machine tonight. I cant do free squats as we have no squat rack but was happy with that

Best of luck with it. If the drifter is anything to go by you'll be using the 'see food' diet in a few weeks:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

This morning I squatted 165kg for 3 sets of 3, thats 10kg more than my previous long standing PR that I only got back to matching a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Got 140kg x 6 deadlift this morning, pretty pleased with that.

I've done 150 x 5 a few months back and 160 x 3, but that was at 10kg heavier bodyweight, so I'll take the 140.

Was surprised by how good it felt, so I did what I always do when there’s no sensible adults around to stop me and added 20kg to the bar.

Couldn’t get the 160 off the ground.

Muttered angrily to myself for a while, put on straps and managed to get it up for one grinding rep, horrendous form, just about locked it out, saw myself turning an interesting shade of purple in the mirror, and that vein in the right side of my forehead coming as close as it’s ever been to exploding…half considered attempting another rep, decided that I’d just be a powerlifter testing my 1RM today instead. With straps...

Probably should have used the plastic 20kg weights, they’re lighter than the metal ones after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

After 75kg 3x5 bench press
    got 90kg x1 its a PR and shows the hard work is paying off

Hit 4,000kcals for the day. Very happy with that. No coke, no sweets or anything. Most unhealthy thing was probably the burrito:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hit 4,000kcals for the day. Very happy with that. No coke, no sweets or anything. Most unhealthy thing was probably the burrito:P

How much is milk? I want to see milk numbers

How much is milk? I want to see milk numbers

Haha caught there:p 2 litres of low fat milk.

My weight gainer is another 1250kcals so that's what really added up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Haha caught there:p 2 litres of low fat milk.

My weight gainer is another 1250kcals so that's what really added up.

Milk is good and delicious :)

Milk is good and delicious :)

Dam straight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭chocolatechips

Last night I almost made it to the top of the climbing wall! :D Was about a foot away from it. Started climbing three weeks ago and could barely get a quarter of the way up at the start and my arms couldn't hold me for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Last night I almost made it to the top of the climbing wall! :D Was about a foot away from it. Started climbing three weeks ago and could barely get a quarter of the way up at the start and my arms couldn't hold me for long.

now that is f*cking cool.

240kg deadlift, up 25kg from last year. i wore a belt and am calling it a deadlift and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

NIght Two of Smolov. Much easier then night 1, chuffed with myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

stuchyg wrote: »
    NIght Two of Smolov. Much easier then night 1, chuffed with myself

Know that when you make it to the end you will have earned the respect of anyone who has finished the full cycle...

Easy it is not. Worth it. **** ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I had been neglecting the one arm pullup and as a result lost the ability to do one. Started training for them again about 10 days ago and tonight did a few doubles with my left hand and a few singles with my right. Then did a +80 kg weighted two arm pullup afterwards - not a PR but decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Lost about 7kg since new year despite getting a takeaway several times a week. Success!
    At just under 82kg now, will go to 80kg and reassess goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Finally got close grip muscle ups!

Advertisement