Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

jugger0 wrote: »
    Took me half an hour but today i managed 1000 pushups in sets of 50.

:eek: I didn't think it was possible to crack out that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

JJayoo wrote: »
    :eek: I didn't think it was possible to crack out that many.

If i can do it... most people wont try this because who the hell wants to do that many pushups? im injured at the moment so its pushups or nothing, can ya imagine 1000 squats? foooooooooooook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Took me over half an hour but under 1 hour to do 1000 pushups in sets of 50.

Used a tv show to time myself (charmed if you must know) it started when i did, and it was over when i finished, wasnt over an hour anyway... dont want to be one of those internet fibbers!

Thats impressive!! How did you manage to maintain sets of 50? What was the form like? I did 200 before in a couple of minutes, was fooked after it. Can't imagine doing 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Ant11 wrote: »
    Thats impressive!! How did you manage to maintain sets of 50? What was the form like? I did 200 before in a couple of minutes, was fooked after it. Can't imagine doing 1k.

I'd keep my hands fairly narrow, also i go as fast as i can so 50 would take less then 30 seconds, last few sets were horrific... had to pause at the top for a bit.. i'd recommend creatine, i always notice it more during body-weight exercises then anything else. How many can you do in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

I'd keep my hands fairly narrow, also i go as fast as i can so 50 would take less then 30 seconds, last few sets were horrific... had to pause at the top for a bit.. i'd recommend creatine, i always notice it more during body-weight exercises then anything else. How many can you do in a row?

I wouldn't be able to maintain that speed. The 1st 50 would be fine but after that I wouldn't have a hope. I rarely do max push ups but the last time I did it I did 74 but the form got sloppy from about 60 onwards. I reckon if you trained it regularly you could easily do more in one go. I might have a go and see how many I can do in 15 or 20 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Have been chipping away at weighted chin ups lately and stepped up a weight last night (@80kg BW)

6 sets of 7 chins with 10kg weight
    3 sets of 4 chins with 15kg weight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I cooked! A lot.
    Prepared twenty meals in one go last night (PB!) and then got up at 0550 for the gym :)
    Tupperware is my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Zamboni wrote: »
    I cooked! A lot.
    Prepared twenty meals in one go last night (PB!) and then got up at 0550 for the gym :)
    Tupperware is my friend.

Exactly what I do. I bought those plastic chinese containers and use those to store my meals.

What did you make as a matter of interest?

Exactly what I do. I bought those plastic chinese containers and use those to store my meals.

What did you make as a matter of interest?

Nothing special.
    Mostly chicken/veg for non training days
    Beef/veg/rice/potato for training days
    Stick with fish/veg for dinners
    Nuts/eggs/milk/whey for snacks and drinks
    Aiming for 3,500 a day

Think I'm going to go hardcore and hit up organ meats this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭chocolatechips

Started a free weights programme yesterday and actually managed to train in the most terrifying part of the gym, the weights section where everyone else seems to be male, six foot, and lifting twice my weight while I struggle with lifting 10kg. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Nothing special.
    Aiming for 3,500 a day

How are you keeping 20 meals fresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

This I want to know also !!

8 will be eaten within time, 12 are in the freezer.

Started a free weights programme yesterday and actually managed to train in the most terrifying part of the gym, the weights section where everyone else seems to be male, six foot, and lifting twice my weight while I struggle with lifting 10kg. :o

Fair play. Get stuck in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

8 will be eaten within time, 12 are in the freezer.

I tried the freezing and thawing method and the food always tasted like crap.

May go back to it though...time is a major factor or me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Nothing special.
    Aiming for 3,500 a day

How do you find reheating cooked rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Sorry to intrude but I think it's disgusting, gets all stuck together.

On a personal note- banged out a 110kg squat tonight. Was feeling strong and went for 115kg- a grind but I did it. Then an extraordinary 120kg squat! I knoq the weight wasn't huge to some here but get this; I failed first time round because mid-squat some foreign lad came right up into the squat rack into my face and asked me 'Are you done here?'. ****ing livid I went again about 10mins later and GOT IT!!! Pure anger got me through this.

I remember a few people discussing the stupidest people have done in the gym and this is safely the stupidest thing I've seen. Just about the press and he asks? Outta pure shock I just dropped the weight on the safety bars.

:D

No idea. It will be a first for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

A 130kg squat last week & a 175kg Deadlift today @ 77kg b/w. Delighted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I remember a few people discussing the stupidest people have done in the gym and this is safely the stupidest thing I've seen. Just about the press and he asks? Outta pure shock I just dropped the weight on the safety bars.:D

Has to be one of the most annoying things that can happen in a gym.I also despise the people that have just arrived and immeadiately come up to you and ask if you're nearly done - no, I'm in the middle of a set go start on something else. I've been in the gym for the evening, I don't need to give up my section because you have now arrived. - rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm so awesome I got soy protein out of some sausages :cool:

Here's the email I got
    I have an update to your query.

We have found an alternative to the soy ingredient in our Sleeda Gluten Free Sausages. We can replace the soy with rice and hope to have it in production in about 2 weeks – I will let you know exactly when we have it.

Thank you again for highlighting this to us.

If you have any queries please let me know.

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm so awesome I got soy protein out of some sausages :cool:

Here's the email I got

This is awesome. Whats the back story?
    Are they Hodgins sausages?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Looks like I hit an all time incline bench PR today. Only 95kg x10, but I'll take it!

Hanley wrote: »
    Looks like I hit an all time incline bench PR today. Only 95kg x10, but I'll take it!

Nice one!
    I'd take 95kg x 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

This is awesome. Whats the back story?
    Are they Hodgins sausages?

It's the Sleeda sausages, they are the supervalu brand.
    Not much of a back story they didn't have soy in it and then they did so I sent off an email explaining why I wasn't going to buy them and why soy is unhealthy, I got an email saying they were looking into it and today I got this email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

150kg squat at 78kg bw on Sunday. Hopefully by next month I'll have a 2xbw squat. Didn't I'd ever actually get that to be honest! Felt good man! Gotta thank Hanley for showing me how it's done.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    150kg squat at 78kg bw on Sunday. Hopefully by next month I'll have a 2xbw squat. Didn't I'd ever actually get that to be honest! Felt good man! Gotta thank Hanley for showing me how it's done.

Wahooooo!! Victory :)

A 130kg squat last week & a 175kg Deadlift today @ 77kg b/w. Delighted:D

WAHOOO!!!! :)

120kg Squat with more left in me
    80kg Bench with not much left!

Pulled a 150kg DL on Monday but can't count it as form was appalling. (Was okay at 135kg)

3 PBs in one week at 77.5kg.

Happy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I'm relatively new to weights, just started 3 months ago.

Seems I did 3 x 77.5k deadlift today @ 57k. Did just manage 80k - but badly.

Not much for some, but I've a pre-existing back issue, so I'm chuffed :)

Advertisement