Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

So I thought I'd set this up here for people to have a small gloat about what achievements they make on a day to day basis at whatever your goals are!

I'll kick things off. Today I managed to blast through my previous bench press PB which was 60kg for one rep and get it all the way up to 75kg. My BW and a bit:D Delighted with this cause bench is my downfall!

Also, a deadlift of 150kg for the first time since being 74kg, dropped to 71kg over Christmas.

So what did you achieve today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Garzard

On Tuesday I cycled from Knocklyon to college in Dun Laoghaire in exactly an hour and managed the same timing cycling home at 6:00, was in absolute bits when I got home felt brilliant after it though. I've been trying these cycles at least once a week since starting in September plus shorter weekend cycles. Seem to be feeling a lot fitter since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

let's try this again shall we? Unfortunate wording of title OP, I've changed it to something a little less "red-rag-to-a-bull-troll".

gosuckonalemon sitebanned.

On a more personal achievement note, I've gone wholeheartedly to the dark side. After doing a couple of 5km runs before Christmas I've now signed up for a 10km with a view to a half marathon later in the summer. Back to consistent 4-5km runs after the festive season and feel so much the better for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

This has the making of a great thread.

Changed my haircut for the 1st time in years last weekend, got compliments, compliments rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

ran my fastest 10k on sunday came home at 45mins and 25 secs. i have never ran an organised race just on my own so i might give one a go now in the next month or two.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

g'em wrote: »
    let's try this again shall we? Unfortunate wording of title OP, I've changed it to something a little less "red-rag-to-a-bull-troll".

On a more personal achievement note, I've gone wholeheartedly to the dark side. After doing a couple of 5km runs before Christmas I've now signed up for a 10km with a view to a half marathon later in the summer. Back to consistent 4-5km runs after the festive season and feel so much the better for it :)
    No, you won't be on the dark side till we get you swimming and biking too. ;)

I broke through a plateau in my swimming a few weeks ago taking 90 seconds off my 750m pb and 7 seconds off 100m. Now I just need to do similar on my bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

3 weeks caffeine free
    10 days alcohol free.

Trained 4 times in 3 days.

Good start to the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

3 weeks caffeine free
    10 days alcohol free.

Trained 4 times in 3 days.

Good start to the year.

How come you are staying caffeine free? Was it causing you some issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I got 60kgx70 bench press and 32kg DB's x20 shoulder press, new pr's, patiently awaiting doms of doom at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

jugger0 wrote: »
    I got 60kgx70 bench press and 32kg DB's x20 shoulder press, new pr's, patiently awaiting doms of doom at the moment.

You did 70 reps at 60kg? Did I read that properly??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wrote out my fitness plan for the spring. That's enough of an achievement for me for this week!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

220kg beltless DL very comfortably with no psyche up and while very fatigued. Encouraging. 50kg chin too.

Hanley wrote: »
    220kg beltless DL very comfortably with no psyche up and while very fatigued. Encouraging. 50kg chin too.

Whats a 50kg chin?

My 1st guess would be a a 50kg weighted chin up?

Whats a 50kg chin?

My 1st guess would be a a 50kg weighted chin up?

Bingo.

Impressive!

Here's a big one - I've eaten bodyweight in lb x22 so far today. And will top out around x25. Yikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Here's a big one - I've eaten bodyweight in lb x22 so far today. And will top out around x25. Yikes.

I've eaten x 11 and will top at x 12....

I hate you.

I've eaten x 11 and will top at x 12....

I hate you.

It's no f*cking fun. Breaking my heart.

It's no f*cking fun. Breaking my heart.

Maybe you have worms :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Over 5000kcals?:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

g'em wrote: »

You used to be cool G'em. What happened?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

How come you are staying caffeine free? Was it causing you some issues?

Was up on 6-7 cups per day & caffeine tabs before training.

Decided to give it a knock on the head for a while & see how I got on.

Sleep is much improved - not waking up as much in the middle of the night

Michael 09 wrote: »
    You did 70 reps at 60kg? Did I read that properly??

Yeah i give it a go every now and then, its funny sometimes i get stuck under it and there's just no moving it, it may aswell be 160kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

missed a pb deadlift of 160kg today :(
    Although I keep telling myself it was the squats beforehand that done the harm !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

johnfaul wrote: »
    missed a pb deadlift of 160kg today :(
    Although I keep telling myself it was the squats beforehand that done the harm !!

Keep it up you'll get there eventually! Try it on a day you're fresher and you'll blast through it no problem.

On a positive for me I've just taken in the most protein I've ever had in a meal. Roughly 155grams- in other words my total amount necessary:)

Still have roughly 60 grams of protein to go tonight, feeling good and finally starting to get the visual results I wanted! Less of a scrawny guy now and filling out my frame.

:D

Was up on 6-7 cups per day & caffeine tabs before training.

Decided to give it a knock on the head for a while & see how I got on.

Sleep is much improved - not waking up as much in the middle of the night

A lad in work had me up there with the caffeine. Its like he can't go 10 mins without a coffee in his hand and he use to get me one as well. He went on a weeks holidays and I went through caffeine withdrawal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

jugger0 wrote: »

Yeah i give it a go every now and then, its funny sometimes i get stuck under it and there's just no moving it, it may aswell be 160kg.

Ok this sounds interesting. Explain how it works? Just one set of as many as you can on 60? Is 60 a certain % of bodyweight or just a random number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Went to gym for 1st workout on my own today. Usually dragged along by the brother to spot him b4 now.
    Haven't binged eaten/eat total crap since the New Yr. Reading Primal Blueprint/ trying to reduce carbs. Keeping food diary.

Next step - arrange meeting with PT/get assessment done/ get appropriate programme that I can follow for 6 week/2months.

Michael 09 wrote: »
    Ok this sounds interesting. Explain how it works? Just one set of as many as you can on 60? Is 60 a certain % of bodyweight or just a random number?

Its just something me and the lads do the odd time, a bit of competition! 60 or 100 is what i usually do, 60 feels a lot worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Got me first 100kg squat today, felt light too ended up getting 3 sets of 5 out of it, delighted with it.

Also I'm finding in my deadlifts my grip is going around the 120kg mark but I know I can lift more, what do any of you use to stop your grip failing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

hunter164 wrote: »
    Got me first 100kg squat today, felt light too ended up getting 3 sets of 5 out of it, delighted with it.

Also I'm finding in my deadlifts my grip is going around the 120kg mark but I know I can lift more, what do any of you use to stop your grip failing?

hold on to heavy stuff for long time;)

My personal fav is monkey bars..and im the heavy stuff, but what ever takes your fancy, pull up bar and hang there with a belt, load your dead bar up and just hold it...some farmers walks perhaps?

Advertisement