Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

10x3 @ 110kg on the bench today.
    Done three cycles of junior smolov think i have got what i could out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Squatted 160x3 for 3 sets, thats the heaviest Ive ever done by 5 kg. Next week it will be 165x3.

Ive also discovered the secret training aid of scandinavian powerlifting

Finnish metal just makes everything feel lighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

i done some "conditioning" at the end of my session tonight. iv planned doing some after every session for the last 6-8 years and finally done it.
    im seriously considering leaving the tee shirt at home tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

drdeadlift wrote: »
    10x3 @ 110kg on the bench today.
    Done three cycles of junior smolov think i have got what i could out of it.

What were your PB's after each cycle? In my first cycle of it atm. Hoping to hit 85kg as 1RM and 80kg x 3.

Well done, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

6 weeks after hitting DL 1RM of 75kg, tonight I can't resist a little happy dance after a 1RM of 105kg... Just sayin'...

Thanks Hanley!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Manned up and went back training today, 5th time since mid august, down from 4 or 5 times a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was so pissed off going to gym today. On the bus, the guy in front of me smelled of stale booze and behind smelled of stale cigarettes. Get in gym, its legs day for me and leg presses are all being used. I say fúck it I'll just squat.

Now I haven't squatted properly for about 6 months. I planned on going light and slowly ramping up. Before I knew it I'm ramping up over my body weight and it was like I was rekindled with a long lost love.

I had to stop myself from going too heavy so I can return with my power perfects on Friday to test PRs. Going to reprogram back to a 5x5 program. Nothing massages my ego as squatting.

120kg Squat with more left in me
    80kg Bench with not much left!

Pulled a 150kg DL on Monday but can't count it as form was appalling. (Was okay at 135kg)

3 PBs in one week at 77.5kg.

Happy out

Squat 1RM @ 125kg
    Bench 1RM @ 87.5kg
    Deadlift 1RM unchanged (135kg - form is king!)

Every session this week has had a PB. The bench 1RM was ridiculously surprising, almost 10%!

200kg x3, no no no deadlifts.
    also a 140kg x8 x3 squats, not heavy by any means but a nice rep pb 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I ran 5x300m in 43-45s tonight off 5 mins break. It's not amazing by any means, but it's a huge improvement on similar sessions I've done over the past few months, since I started training hard again after 3 years of not doing athletics.

Positive trend FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

70Kg x 3 hang clean and press this morning, even had a nice man come up to me and say its nice to see some decent lifts being done...i dont know if he thought hang clean press was a decent lift...or i was making a decent go of it.....im taking it as a compliment though!!!;) It unreal the little boost you get from a nice comment!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I woke up today with no DOMS after squatting 200x2, 160x15, a rake load of GMs and lunges and a 65 x50 squat yesterday. That's my biggest achievement to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Hanley wrote: »
    I woke up today with no DOMS after squatting 200x2, 160x15, a rake load of GMs and lunges and a 65 x50 squat yesterday. That's my biggest achievement to date.

On the 65 x 50...does a little boredom creep in or is it after everthing else so the struggle within keeps the mind occupied?

You'll probably get them tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

Noticed this in you log and was gonna ask. Whats the reason for the volume of reps? Out of curiousity!

imnothim wrote: »
    200kg x3, no no no deadlifts.
    also a 140kg x8 x3 squats, not heavy by any means but a nice rep pb 3 times.

What the hell is a "no no no deadlift"?!

xgtdec wrote: »
    On the 65 x 50...does a little boredom creep in or is it after everthing else so the struggle within keeps the mind occupied?

Spent a large portion waiting for it to hurt, wondering when etc and it never came. Was weird.
    BlueIsland wrote: »
    Noticed this in you log and was gonna ask. Whats the reason for the volume of reps? Out of curiousity!

It's what the cube programming says to do, so I did it. Not sure on the reasoning tbh.

I put on weight lifting shoes and tested 1rm

Got 140kg squat (could went slightly higher but playing it safe)

deadlift was 130kg. Grip issues and I never really pushed my deadlift.

Was now to find a program and push past this weights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I put on weight lifting shoes and tested 1rm

Got 140kg squat (could went slightly higher but playing it safe)

deadlift was 130kg. Grip issues and I never really pushed my deadlift.

Was now to find a program and push past this weights

Try this squat programme,

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/6_weeks_of_squatting_insanity

Tempted to try it but i need a guinea pig first

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I presume it's a referance to Ivan Chakarovs training mantra

no wraps, no belt, no spotters

not really sure of the value of no spotter for deadlifts though.

• Advertisement

MrPain wrote: »

I'm very much aware what is being referenced. It just makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Presume he means double overhand / no hook, no chalk, no belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

77kg snatch.

2kg up on my previous best.

I'm very much aware what is being referenced. It just makes no sense.
    Dathai wrote: »
    Presume he means double overhand / no hook, no chalk, no belt.
    MrPain wrote: »

Right just 2 no's, obv a spotter isn't required on a d/l. I said no,no,no cos a lot a folk claim raw but wear a belt or straps or whatever.
    It was just a Figure of speech to emphasise that I was unequipped.

Thanks gym guys, you ruined my daily achievment.

imnothim wrote: »

Right just 2 no's, obv a spotter isn't required on a d/l. I said no,no,no cos a lot a folk claim raw but wear a belt or straps or whatever.
    It was just a Figure of speech to emphasise that I was unequipped.

Thanks gym guys, you ruined my daily achievment.

I thought you just liked listening to 2 unlimited when deadlifting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭COH

250kg beltless deadlift :)

COH wrote: »
    250kg beltless deadlift :)

Welcome to the double no gang

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

70kg DB Pushpress, Couldn't control it fully on the way down and ended up destroying the DB handle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'm pretty sure I did a front lever for a couple of secs this morning. I videoed it so was able to review my form afterwards.

First time I've ever done one and haven't even attempted one in a couple of years. I've been doing a lot of heavy ab work (suitcase deadlifts and weighted ab rollouts) and weighted pullups which I think have helped.

According to wikipedia
    The move is rated A in the gymnastic code of points, a scale from A to F, with F being the most difficult. In the 1960s it was rated B, when the levels of difficulty were A, B, C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I did a front lever for a couple of secs this morning. I videoed it so was able to review my form afterwards.

First time I've ever done one and haven't even attempted one in a couple of years. I've been doing a lot of heavy ab work (suitcase deadlifts and weighted ab rollouts) and weighted pullups which I think have helped.

According to wikipedia

Fair play, seriously tough move. Post the vid. Got my first ever flag yesterday could only hold it for a few seconds though.

Advertisement