Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

May I steal you programme? :pac:

Serious lifting, fair fcuks!

Go to F*ucking sleep!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Go to F*ucking sleep!!!

I LOL'd and facepalmed at the same time. No wonder he's seeing no f*cking progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Not really an achievement but I spent last night reading about IF and cortisol, and why I'm starving 45 mins after a wolf down about 500 cals for breaky in the morning ..

Science ehh, sure it's only mad !!! Now if i can mange to do IF while in work i'll be laughing..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Thanks for the comments. I should point out that I have been training the deadlift consistently and heavy (using singles etc.) for nearly ten years. I well remember when I reached milestones like 150 kg and 180 kg and being very pleased with myself at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Hanley wrote: »
    Yeah man. Gotta. Leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of mass. You can develop a nutrient absorption profile from it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3275421&stc=1&d=1303157012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

^^ I lawled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

120kg on the flat bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

drdeadlift wrote: »
    120kg on the flat bench.
    I tried this last night...didnt happen, about 2-3 weeks away i'd say....eh so not really an acheivement.....do i get anything for the attempt??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Go to F*ucking sleep!!!

That was the waking hour:pac: I was asleep since 9 or so and had to go to the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

xgtdec wrote: »
    I tried this last night...didnt happen, about 2-3 weeks away i'd say....eh so not really an acheivement.....do i get anything for the attempt??:p

Ah im sure you can do it,i got into the gym early this morning there wasn't a sinner in the place so i wasn't sure about going all out without a spotter.
    100x3 grand 105x2 grand 110x2 grand 115x1 ok 117.5 ok...then incomes a Brazilian chap who trains most mornings,asked him for a spot on 120.
    I slowed on the way up and he pulls it off(a bad spot) but he speaks broken English,a few mins later and without a spotter i got the job done.
    Been doing junior smolov since december which i found really good,its nice to have some solid structure to my training.So next up 140 hopefully not too long away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

yeah ive fiven myself loads a time without rushing anything, aiming for 150kg x 1 in july. I figure thats a solid bench and a good target!

Barbell overhead press 70.5 kg @ 75 kg. Not a PB (that's 79 kg @ 80 kg) but the best I've done in a long time.

My "achievement" was sacking up and putting on knee wraps for the first time in 3 years. With hilarious consequences.

So fugly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hanley wrote: »
    My "achievement" was sacking up and putting on knee wraps for the first time in 3 years. With hilarious consequences.

So fugly.

What weight are you now? Looking proper big. Kudos.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The other day I deadlifted 100kg 1x5 and squatted 70kg 5x5 @78kg have been arsing around the gym that last year or so but only started a proper "starting Strength" style program a few weeks ago and Im happy with the progress

Hoping to deadlift 2 x my body weight and squat 1.5 x my bodyweight by the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Not great compared to most people here, but I squatted 105kgx1 and 90kg 3x5 at 74kg BW last night, which is the first time I've tried heavy singles in a good while. Probably would have managed 110kg. Next time.

Pretty pleased with that as the only gym work I've been doing in the past 7 months was supplemental to my running.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Squat-beltless: 150kg PR(Spotter made slight contact on 160 so not giving it)
    Bench: 115kg PR (pinned on 120)
    Pull Ups: 15 equals PR
    Weight 80kg.

Chuffed. Back training 4 weeks after 4 months out of the gym. Previous PR's were 105 and 135(with belt). Roll on 2013!

Barbell 1 arm suitcase deadlift with wrist strap:

Left hand - 140 kg - PR!

Brian? wrote: »
    What weight are you now? Looking proper big. Kudos.

Probably close on 98kg and very bloated there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Decided to do a bit of Oly lifting today. First time in years. Used to despise it but I would nearly say I enjoyed it today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

First time walking out 300 and squatting 300 in briefs.

Also got a nice nose bleed on an earlier set.

Loving the fact that a set with 180kg is now a nice easy raw warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I upped my squat by 50% today!

Of course I'm only starting and I felt happy with my form that I decided to put weight on the bar 10kg. It was all just under half my body weight at 30kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Orla K wrote: »
    I upped my squat by 50% today!

Of course I'm only starting and I felt happy with my form that I decided to put weight on the bar 10kg. It was all just under half my body weight at 30kg.

Go you! That's brill!

I upped my deadlier to 30kg today and my underhand lat pulldown to 40kg!

"Mock Meet" @ RF today

Squats:
    230kg x1

Bench
    135kg x1

Deadlift
    240kg x1

Well that was better than expected. Biggest lifts in almost 3 years. Roll on April 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Well done dude, that squat looked intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Im back to my heaviest weight ever, 91.4kg. Only this time Im not a pot bellied double chinned mess that splits 2 pairs of slacks and 1 pair of boxers in a week while going purple when I try to tie my shoelace. I even almost have abs!

Im also back to being 5 kg off my best 5 rep squat pr only now Im doing it for 3 sets instead of 1

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭butthatsjustme

After I did my 12 x 3 sets of 25kg squats I finally got the guts to use the squat box thing!

Started on 25kg, worked my way up to 42.5kg!! :D
    Only did 4 reps at that weight! 77% of bodyweight :)

Was so chuffed I got the gym instructor to teach me how to deadlift, he started me on 30kg, I did five or six and when I got tired I moved down to 25kg. Finding the technique a bit awkward, but yay for first deadlift!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I upped my squat by about 30% today. That's a 100% increase in the last 5 days.

I'm now squatting a total of 40kg:o

I'm going to be so excited when I squat my bodyweight and even more so when I go over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

For the first time I surpassed 3300 calories in a day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Took me over half an hour but under 1 hour to do 1000 pushups in sets of 50.

Used a tv show to time myself (charmed if you must know) it started when i did, and it was over when i finished, wasnt over an hour anyway... dont want to be one of those internet fibbers!

Advertisement