Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Daily Achievement Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

The first set does be fine then with sweat and fatigue it seems to drop drastically. I was thinking straps or chalk?

I'll also start giving the hanging down a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

hunter164 wrote: »
    The first set does be fine then with sweat and fatigue it seems to drop drastically. I was thinking straps or chalk?

I'll also start giving the hanging down a go :)

Chalk is good, i personally dont like straps, i think they create a sort of illusion of grip..but thats just me. If your hanging around for agaes dont forget to add weight to yourself...50kg dumbell down your shorts..that kinda thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Bored atm..........

So I thought I'd get in here and say I'll get a PR block pull tonight

I'll be back with the evidence (vid)

Also, have had 4 cups of coffee so far and more to come:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Da Za wrote: »

Also, have had 4 cups of coffee so far and more to come:)

Prepare thine anus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hunter164

Are you using a mixed grip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

iv probably got this before but not in a good while as i havent really repped deadlifts in maybe a year or more.
    180kg x 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hunter164

Are you using a mixed grip?

Yea, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

hunter164 wrote: »
    Yea, why?

It makes it easier to maintain your grip and stops the bar rolling.

My Block Pull PR for this evenings session:

nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

11 standing ab wheel rollouts on my lunchbreak today. New PR. Thought my head was going to explode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

New PR of 165kg deadlift with improving grip.

Slowly making progress

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

ronanc15 wrote: »
    New PR of 165kg deadlift with improving grip.

Slowly making progress

Finding it a slow process to increase weight on deadlift also. Fair play to you on your new PR.

Own a personal level, did 50press ups in a row tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Daily achievement......... I've convinced my wife to start lifting weights, tomorrow is day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Finding it a slow process to increase weight on deadlift also. Fair play to you on your new PR.

Own a personal level, did 50press ups in a row tonight :D

Cheers, any increase is progress so we'll keep hold of the positives :)

Fair play on the press ups! Pet hate of mine! A necessary evil though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Completed my first 300m interval track session on wednesday evening (4x300m, with 4min recovery) since I started training for the 400m again after a 2 and a half year hiatus from athletics.

I've been back training since the early summer, but it's taken surprisingly long to get back to approaching the level I was at a few years ago. I attempted the same session 10 weeks ago and it broke me. Good to see measurable improvement, especially as I've been coaching myself and training alone up to now.

170 x3 squat rep pb, raw. haaaaapy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I hired a coach.

...sadly it was someone to coach me, not to work for me.

Doing the SFG cert in July and have to snatch a 24kg KB 100x in 5 minutes, along with a whole load of other stuff. Also have to press a 48kg KB at some point in the near further. Jay from Urban Fitness has his work cut out!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hanley wrote: »
    have to snatch a 24kg KB 100x in 5 minutes, along with a whole load of other stuff. Also have to press a 48kg KB at some point in the near further

Any chance you'd explain the above? I haven't been in a gym in a year so the terms don't mean a whole lot to me as a n00b. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

What's a SFG cert?

My achievement isn't really daily. I've lost about 7/8kg with an untreated thyroid problem, which I think I've had since childhood. It was difficult but doable. I'm now on meds and while everyone is freezing my temperature is getting to normal, I've never been so warm! I can't really tell you how awesome it is to be feeling normal and not ****e.
    I've also ordered more tablets today since I've about a week left.

After 28 years of feeling lethargic and foggy brain I'm starting to feel good.
    For anyone that's healthy/normal it's feels so good to just feel like you feel everyday.

And the most awesome is my feet aren't so cold that they're numb! I can feel my toes! They are actually warm now, with socks, boot slippers and a blanket over them.

• Advertisement

5 sets of 20, 100kg squats and no vomit. this thinly veiled showing off thread might kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

3.5kg PB on Clean and Jerk today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Not so much an achievement on weight increases but I had a great week's worth of training sessions last week. I finished off nicely with a legs and core day yesterday in which I concentrated on form. I spent about half the session on squats making sure I was getting perfect sets! Felt so good after it that i was sitting at home that evening wanting to go back to the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭BrianD3

13 standing ab rollouts today. Again, thought my head was going to explode. Very tough. Yet here is a video from youtube of 71 year old John Maulkin doing 15 standing rollouts.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    13 standing ab rollouts today. Again, thought my head was going to explode. Very tough. Yet here is a video from youtube of 71 year old John Maulkin doing 15 standing rollouts.

His 6 pack must be ripped:eek:

This may be a PR of sorts

Just went through a whole 174grams of.. skittles:( Disappointed cause I thought I cut all this sh!t out in the night time. Not so much an achievement, more a search for attention :pac:

Just went through a whole 174grams of.. skittles:( Disappointed cause I thought I cut all this sh!t out in the night time. Not so much an achievement, more a search for attention :pac:

Heh. From reading your posts I always just assumed you were a guy.

I got 10x10 ring dips with 10kg added. Was very happy there.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    Heh. From reading your posts I always just assumed you were a guy.

I am a guy:eek: I went through a phase of thinking 'sure I can eat what I want at any time of the day cause I go to the gym occasionally' So I turned a corner where I'd eat just one bar or something small everyday but that is after depressing me:pac:

Advertisement