Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Hi, how is everyone feeling?

I am finally starting to feel normal again and am beginning to get some energy back - so much so that I even considered going for a run today!!! I am big into my fitness and would normally run 3-4 miles a day as well as teach/ train in a martial arts class 3 times a week. I thought today I had better check with my doc how much is too much, turns out what I normally do is too much :( I have been advised to do nothing more than a brisk walk and some light stretching - boo hoo. I know it's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things but I'm a bit upset as I love my exercise regime, it keeps me sane and I can't imagine how I'll cope until oct/nov without it :(

Sorry, rant over, thanks for listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

McBubbles the fitness will stand to you! I'm not very good in doing exercises even though I love it. Starting yoga tomorrow and looking forward to it. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Any one showing yet? I already have to leave buttons open.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Tomorrow is the last day of my first trimester :D Wooh!
    That said, I spent the evening puking and then sleeping it off on the couch, couldn't even eat dinner. Headache plus nausea, not a good team. On the plus side, I too seem to be getting my energy back a bit, which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Hey all,
    it's about time i joined this thread. Im a longtime lurker on boards but almost never post but now is the time.

I discovered about 2 weeks ago that im pregnant. totally unexpected and unplanned (failed morning after pill!) but excited/terrified/happy nonetheless.

due on the 25th of september, which according to my app is 219 days away.
    ive been feeling grand. tired and a bit turned off food but no vomiting thankfully...mind you sore boobs had me almost driven to tears about 2 weeks ago!
    the baby will be born in holles st and ive my name down for the domino scheme..but am 4th on the waiting list. wont have the first mini scan til late march..then it'll feel real..right now it still feels alien to type the word pregnant!

happydayz8 wrote: »
    McBubbles the fitness will stand to you! I'm not very good in doing exercises even though I love it. Starting yoga tomorrow and looking forward to it. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Any one showing yet? I already have to leave buttons open.

Oh yeah, the top button is open for me too!!! I wrap a bobbin through the hole and around the button to keep it kinda closed lol my sisters think it is the funniest thing ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'm only showing in the evenings. I'm managing to get away with more fitted clothes with a good pair of spanx!
    I'm past the first trimester and we still haven't told anyone in real life, hoping to hold out another couple of weeks. We didn't tell until 13 weeks last time and it was great. As I'm not bumpy at all its great to have it to ourselves for a while yet. There'll only be 15 months between ours so I know we'll get a few comments on whether it was a surprise or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

So I went for my first antenatal clinic appointment today expecting to meet with the doc, but instead I got my dating scan! Needless to say, it was quite surreal to see the little face, hands, legs in the air and little one bouncing around like a mad yoke! Defo takes after daddy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

That was a nice surprise.

kitten_k wrote: »
    That was a nice surprise.

Yes it was. :-)

I am sure it makes the sickness worthwhile.

What date did the give you? Were you able to find out the gender, or do you even want to?

• Advertisement

I am sure it makes the sickness worthwhile.

What date did the give you? Were you able to find out the gender, or do you even want to?

The ms is still hard to cope with but today was a badly needed pick me up for sure :-)

Today they put my edd at Sept 6th but it could change. Still a Sept babs though!
    Its too early to tell gender yet but we think we're gonna find out. Exciting!!

How about you, think you'll find out? When is your dating scan?

I'm not actually pregnant. My best mate is currently 10 days overdue so I have been on this forum for the last 9 months getting all the info! They have been a god send an it was great to be able to chat to the girls in the Feb 2013 thread.

Oops! :-) Well at least you're fully informed should you decide to join the mommy club :-)
    Best of luck to your friend, hope all goes well for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Dying sick since last week got antibiotics yesterday so hopefully will clear up soon! Combined with work, college and pregnant tiredness really getting me down!

But in the plus side a week till scan so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Dying here.. will be twelve weeks tomorrow and it's just getting worse. Last few weeks I am absolutely exhausted. As soon as I'm home I fall asleep. Then wake up in the middle of the night and stay awake. By next afternoon I'm shattered. That is not the worse. Appetite not existent. I am seriously worried as I don't want to harm my baby. I had 3 slices of toast in the last three days and few crackers. I can't even think of food or I will be sick. The weirdest thing is my stomach feels full all the time while I'm fighting the constant nausea. Need your advice as I've not been sick once with my first:-(

Don't worry too much about baby and food. It'll take what it needs, regardless of what you eat! Easier said than done but about four months into my last pregnancy I just gave up worrying and, within reason and healthiness, ate what was appealing in whatever quantities I fancied.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭corkgirl17

poor thing, that must be rough. My appetite was very poor at the beginning and the nausea was awful. Still have the nausea but the appetite is returning. Now if i don't eat every couple of hours i feel really sick. Just try to eat whatever you can stomach, whatever it is!! Hope you feel better soon and don't worry about baby, it'll be fine!!

Poor you, it's no fun :(

I think once you are keeping up your fluid intake you're ok, its important not to get dehydrated. I was like that for a few weeks, ate nothing but toast but drank gallons of water. Now I am constantly grazing or my stomach gets really sick, carbs are my best friend!

I hope you start to feel better soon. If you are really worried call your doc for some advice/ reassurance :)

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Oops! :-) Well at least you're fully informed should you decide to join the mommy club :-)
    Best of luck to your friend, hope all goes well for her!

Hey just wanted to let you know she had a baby girl yesterday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Thanks so much. I feel more reassured now that the baba will be okay. I'm drinking lots as hard as it is. I don't want to be running to the doc in case I'm over reacting. I got a letter for my scan in 2 weeks time. I was thinking to bring my six year old with us. What do you think? I'm going public so that will probably be the only chance. Did anyone else do it?

• Advertisement

Hey just wanted to let you know she had a baby girl yesterday morning

Awww, fantastic news! :-D

Boo hoo, morning sickness is back, thought I was getting over it. Exhausted, not sleeping and back on my diet of toast and water :(

Can't wait for September!!!!

Gals, I've made a discovery that works wonders against nausea (mine, anyway, so might be worth a shot for you ladies too? :))
    Ginger... whenever I'm feeling nauseous, I chew a small piece of fresh root ginger, and that REALLY makes a difference! I now keep some on my desk in work :pac:

Ginger didn't work for me last time. I might try it again this time around. I love ginger and lemon tea but obviously that's off limits. I've found forcing myself to eat little and often is the best approach for me.

lazygal wrote: »
    I love ginger and lemon tea but obviously that's off limits.

daft question lazygal, but why is ginger and lemon tea off limits? (I've been drinking small amounts of it last week, mainly sticking to peppermint and red fruit infusions though...)

My GP told me last time herbal tea was out as it can be a mixture containing potentially dodgy elements. I looked it up and seems a lot of health experts recommend staying off it. Black tea is fine though. I just made up my own ginger tea with a squeeze of lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

Hi everyone, congratulations!!! So, I've dipped in and out of boards.ie for years and decided to jump in on this thread....I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and kind of still getting used to the idea. It was a little unexpected but hubby and I are really excited :) I found out at around 4 weeks and made an appt with my GP, I got an early dating scan the following week and two weeks later again at 7wks + 3 days....nothing was out of the ordinary (I just didn't know my dates as I'm so irregular and following dates would stress me out!). I'm going public and have my first consultant appointment on Tuesday so hopefully everything will be fine. I'm dying to tell my family, we've held out and kept it between us til now but it's getting harder to hide!! Symptoms-wise I've gotten away pretty lightly so far, had really tender boobs and was exhausted for about a month or so but just this week have plenty of energy and my appetite back :) Craving savoury things like mad but there's nothing new in that.....due around 17th Sept but hoping to confirm that on Tuesday. Bursting to share the news so this is great :)

Hi everyone, congratulations!!! So, I've dipped in and out of boards.ie for years and decided to jump in on this thread....I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and kind of still getting used to the idea. It was a little unexpected but hubby and I are really excited :) I found out at around 4 weeks and made an appt with my GP, I got an early dating scan the following week and two weeks later again at 7wks + 3 days....nothing was out of the ordinary (I just didn't know my dates as I'm so irregular and following dates would stress me out!). I'm going public and have my first consultant appointment on Tuesday so hopefully everything will be fine. I'm dying to tell my family, we've held out and kept it between us til now but it's getting harder to hide!! Symptoms-wise I've gotten away pretty lightly so far, had really tender boobs and was exhausted for about a month or so but just this week have plenty of energy and my appetite back :) Craving savoury things like mad but there's nothing new in that.....due around 17th Sept but hoping to confirm that on Tuesday. Bursting to share the news so this is great :)

Hi, congrats and welcome :)

So I had my first hospital appointment and scan yesterday, wooh! :D Very exciting.
    I'm attending Ballinasloe hospital, so went to the outreach clinic in Loughrea. Bit like going into a 70s timewarp, facilities-wise, but the midwifes were very very nice, and the consultant that did the actual scan was grand too.
    I'm 13+2 now, and my little bean is very long for its age (both me and himself are rather tall though, so no surprises there). I saw the bean's heart beat... and the spine, amazing stuff altogether.
    Thankfully the nausea has as good as disappeared too, so I'm much happier these days :) all good, I'm delighted our bean is doing so well, he/she was wiggling around in there like a mad yoke :D

• Advertisement

Is anyone ambivalent about telling people? We told our families this weekend and a few close friends, but I'd happily have held off another few weeks. I've not yet told most friends. We told people at 12 weeks last time but I wasn't in a rush then either!

Advertisement