Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Weight wise, I put on only 1 kg in the first trimester - I guess feeling nauseous all the time didn't do much for my appetite, go figure :p now, though, I'm the same as you, Dinkie - hungry ALL the time! I've actually no idea how much I've put on since I got weighed at 14 weeks in the hospital... I'd guess about another kilo?
    Getting a little bit of a bump too, finally - never been so delighted to have a belly :D
    We're not going to find out the gender either... gotta keep something a surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Hi ladies, how was everyone's bank holiday weekend? It was great not having to make excuses for not drinking or wanting to go home early.
    Dare I say it ......... I am feeling really well this week, noticeable increase in energy levels which is good as I am studying like mad at the moment, exam in 4 weeks and lost out on 2 months decent study due to ms.
    Weight wise, I have actually only put on a pound. I was living on toast and water for a long time though. I'm sure I will make up for it now as I am hungry all the time and craving carbs.
    Has anyone got an antenatal apt with their doc at 18 weeks? I was told by the midwife to arrange this but under the hse guidelines for visits this is not mentioned. Appointments seem to vary wildly from area to area which seems crazy to me.
    Anyway, happy Tuesday :) Hope everyone is doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

I had my booking in appointment at 14 weeks and my GP had told me to come back to her 4 weeks after that so I'm going at 18weeks too. The hospital had told me to come back at 24 weeks so I don't know whether to go to the GP between 18 and 24, I'm sure she'll tell me anyway. Hopefully my GP and hospital visits will be kept to an absolute minimum anyway, I remember going overdue the last time and being sick of the sight of the outpatients department and the midwife who kept asking "STILL no baby????"

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Had my first hospital appointment yesterday! All went brilliant! I've a very active baby who wasn't very keen to stay still to get measured. Had one comment from a midwife saying how we didn't hang around - there'll be 15 months between my 2!!
    I hope everyone is starting to feel a little bit normal again - I'm really lucky I don't get morning sickness I don't know how I'd cope with that cos the constant exhaustion is hard enough to deal with!
    Good luck to you all with the 2nd trimester!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

It's two boys! :-) Developing at same rate so great news. They changed my dates again. Funny enough to the date I calculated myself.

• Advertisement

happydayz8 wrote: »
    It's two boys! :-) Developing at same rate so great news. They changed my dates again. Funny enough to the date I calculated myself.

Huge congrats Happydayz, fantastic news :) glad everything is going well.

starting month 5 of this journey! time flies!!
    trying to wrap my head around prams and travel systems, it's mind-boggling how much choice is out there :-o that, and how expensive this stuff can be!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

The cost of things is scary! We were lucky with our first my OH's family gave us money for our travel system so we were able to get the one we wanted! Other things we got as gifts! But you really make it as expensive or inexpensive as you want! There are fantastic deals on Done Deal. The only that needs to be brand new is mattresses and car seats (unless you know exactly where it's coming from). This time round we need very little just the second seat for our buggy that converts to a double and a new car seat for baby 1!

I am in love with leggings this week. I don't have any sort of a big bump, I really just look bloated but my tummy feels really sensitive at the moment and even my loosest pair of jeans which button under the 'bump' are irritating me.

Myself and OH had a look at baby things in the shops at the weekend and like you other ladies, couldn't get over the price of things. We are quite lucky, my friend is giving us a practically new travel system, and my sil who had a baby last sept has offered us a lot of stuff too. Our big thing is that we have to change my car, we live in the country so need one to get around and it's a mini which is not really baby friendly - it's gonna kill me to sell it though.

How is the second trimester suiting everyone? Every week seems to be an improvement on the last which is fantastic.
    I hope all you ladies and bumps are keeping well, mind yourselves in this horrendous weather - so ready for a bit of sunshine now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corkgirl17

Congrats happydayz, 2 boys how exciting!! Things are pricey, although we have our travel system bought already. Was lOoking at one for a while and 2 weeks ago it went down to half price for some reason so snapped it up!! Delighted with it!! But the list of stuff to buy is never ending..

Did anybody watch one born every minute last night, so sad, was in floods of tears!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Is anyone else feeling movement??

I remember on my first feeling something at 18 weeks, only 15 now but I'm pretty sure I'm feeling something!! Or else I'm just hoping in feeling something!

corkgirl17 wrote: »

Did anybody watch one born every minute last night, so sad, was in floods of tears!!!

I watched it this morning, so so sad, I could not stop crying and hoping my wee one will be fine

Is anyone else feeling movement??

I remember on my first feeling something at 18 weeks, only 15 now but I'm pretty sure I'm feeling something!! Or else I'm just hoping in feeling something!

The last few days I've been feeling a popping & waving across my tummy. Though I think it may be wishful thinking on my part! Can't wait to recognize movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi All,

Good news to report! Got the results of the amnio back and it looks like everything is fine! We lost a baby to downs before christmas (should have been a feb mum), and so we were not telling anyone until we were sure everything would be ok. So now we can breathe again, and our families are just delighted for us.

And it's a girl :D

I only seem to do girls mind you - this is number 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

McBubbles wrote: »
    I watched it this morning, so so sad, I could not stop crying and hoping my wee one will be fine

Me too! They were such a brave couple to go on the show, when they knew the outcome probably wasn't going to be good.

Opensesame i'm not sure if I'm feeling movement. I'm getting what I would have described as kicks in my stomach... but not kicks if that makes sense... who knows.

Yipeee Banbhaaifric.... I'm go glad for you. It must be a huge weight off your shoulders.

I'm tucked up on the sofa today exhausted. I can't get comfy at night, with aches in my hips, back, stomach and boobs... and I'm still peeing like a racehourse. My poor OH hasn't had a decent nights sleep in weeks!!! Am going to buy a pregnancy pillow tomorrow and see if that helps.

Can I ask - are there many putting their babies into creche when they go back to work? If so, when do we have to register them?? There is one particular creche I want as its close to home and opens earlier than most the others.

Hope everyone is feeling good.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corkgirl17

Hi All,

Good news to report! Got the results of the amnio back and it looks like everything is fine! We lost a baby to downs before christmas (should have been a feb mum), and so we were not telling anyone until we were sure everything would be ok. So now we can breathe again, and our families are just delighted for us.

And it's a girl :D

I only seem to do girls mind you - this is number 3!
    thats great news, you must be delighted!! another girl, well at least you'll have alot of stuff already from the others..

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Great to hear everyone is well. Is anyone getting anomaly scan done? I'm on the public system. Had a 14 week scan and the next is not till week 32 to see if the placenta moved. Everywhere I read that anomaly scan should be done. What's your opinion?

iPearly wrote: »
    Great to hear everyone is well. Is anyone getting anomaly scan done? I'm on the public system. Had a 14 week scan and the next is not till week 32 to see if the placenta moved. Everywhere I read that anomaly scan should be done. What's your opinion?

I'm in the same boat as you (attending B'sloe, by any chance? :P), and we've decided to get an anomaly scan done privately (booked it for 22 weeks). Purely for peace of mind, I feel better having it done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

Hi All, I'm due 7th September. 17 weeks down and so far so good.

Regarding childcare, this is a whole new area for me. I'd be looking to avail of a creche 3 days a week from March 2014.
    Should I start making inquiries now or do I have loads of time? Anyone know the approximate cost? Any recommendations for Lucan?

Is the standard 20 week scan the anomaly scan? I thought everyone got this @ 20 weeks but apparently not!
    Bought a great book yesterday 'Having Your Baby in Ireland' by Lucy Taylor. I'd recommend to all. Sometimes I find alot of the info/books available are geared towards UK or American women. This book is entirely centred on the Irish system. Full of good info.

Thanks corkgirl! And unfortunately our daughter will be 15 by the time this one is born so all the baby stuff is long gone!!! My sister gave us a few bits when she was clearing out her house last year though so we are not too bad. The rest will be from freecycle :)

We are in the high risk clinic at cumh so they are giving us an anomaly scan in a few weeks, but I don't think it's standard... Tbh I'd probably pay for it if they weren't, just for peace of mind. I think I would prefer to be prepared if there were any issues they could spot in advance...

And I'm lucky enough to work from home so I'm not looking at childcare for the moment, but I remember trying to get a place for my daughter when she was around 8 months and they asked when I was due.... So maybe it's no harm to start ringing around if you really like a place :0

Pat how are the wedding plans going?!

• Advertisement

grarf wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you (attending B'sloe, by any chance? :P), and we've decided to get an anomaly scan done privately (booked it for 22 weeks). Purely for peace of mind, I feel better having it done. :)

I'm in Louth our lady's of Lourdes. Considering anomaly scan done privately for €160. Didn't do it with number one but had a later scan in the hospital for some reason and all measurements were alright. This time was 14 weeks and there are too many false positives that early. I don't know what to do.

iPearly wrote: »
    I'm in Louth our lady's of Lourdes. Considering anomaly scan done privately for €160. Didn't do it with number one but had a later scan in the hospital for some reason and all measurements were alright. This time was 14 weeks and there are too many false positives that early. I don't know what to do.

Hi iPearly, I'm in the Lourdes too. Booked in for my next apt at 25 weeks (last week in May) I understood that I would be having a scan (2nd) then, I just assumed it would be an anomaly scan. I have an apt with my doc in two weeks, will ask that question then (along with about a thousand others!!!)

Is anyone else feeling flutters? I thought I was dreaming last week but seems not, they are a lot more noticeable this week and very different from anything else I have felt so far. I get really excited every time I feel it though my friends keep reminding me that I won't be so excited when he/she is kicking me in the ribs all night!

Also, this week, I seem to have developed an aversion to the smell of bleach and toilet cleaner, I now gag every time I smell it so I guess hubby is cleaning the bathroom from now on! Seriously I thought I was over the aversions thing. My hormones are seriously weird too, Hubby pulled a puppy dog eyes expression at me the other day and I burst into tears, so random and uncontrollable. Pregnancy is a funny business isn't it!

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine, long may it last :)

Am finally getting flutters too! It's nice and comforting eh? And my husband got more than he bargained for last night... He held a wig up to the glass above our bedroom door when I was in bed reading - I got such a fright, let out a huge scream and then started crying! Oh he felt so bad the poor thing, but I was laughing in seconds... hormones, my god. :o

Btw, Mcbubbles, I think the latest you can have an anomaly scan is 24 weeks and the best time is 20-22 weeks... maybe they are mixed up with your dates..:confused:

Btw, Mcbubbles, I think the latest you can have an anomaly scan is 24 weeks and the best time is 20-22 weeks... maybe they are mixed up with your dates..:confused:

Good to know, thanks, I will follow this up with the hospital :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

So who's got a bump? I'm starting to show but I look more fat than pregnant. Must admit Im not liking it, Im afraid I'll get too big for my wedding dress! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    So who's got a bump? I'm starting to show but I look more fat than pregnant. Must admit Im not liking it, Im afraid I'll get too big for my wedding dress! :-(

I seem to have a massive bump only 16 weeks! On my first I must have been 6 months before I got this big!

Awh try not to panic about the dress I'm sure it will be fine :)

McBubbles wrote: »
    Hi iPearly, I'm in the Lourdes too. Booked in for my next apt at 25 weeks (last week in May) I understood that I would be having a scan (2nd) then, I just assumed it would be an anomaly scan. I have an apt with my doc in two weeks, will ask that question then (along with about a thousand others!!!)

I have an appointment when I'm 24 weeks in the hospital but no scan definitely. I'm public and they won't do it unless you're high risk (would have been told after the first scan). If you're private you could be getting one. Anomaly scans should be done between week 20 -24. Ideally between weeks 20-22.

Sorry banbhaa didn't read your post before I wrote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Pat McGhee wrote: »

Mine is already as big as it was when I was over 30 weeks with my son. I know I'm going to be big with twins but honestly I'm a bit scared!
    I'm sure you'll fit into your dress and look stunning. When is the wedding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

This day 3 weeks. Eeek!

Advertisement