Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corkgirl17

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Back from my scan. My due date has been moved to end of August and I'm expecting twins. I'm shocked and scared... they are healthy so I should really be delighted and happy but I'm very confused right now.
    Oh wow!! Congrats!! Do twins run in the family?? How exciting, a shock alright but exciting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Thanks Corkgirl. There is only twins two generations back so guess we're double lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Congrats happy days! I have a dilemma for you ladies to solve. I am ten weeks and two days today. I have two pregnancy apps on my phone. One is telling me to read week ten development and one week eleven. I'm getting frustrated-share your opinion please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

iPearly wrote: »
    Congrats happy days! I have a dilemma for you ladies to solve. I am ten weeks and two days today. I have two pregnancy apps on my phone. One is telling me to read week ten development and one week eleven. I'm getting frustrated-share your opinion please.

Hiya,

Just popping in from October,
    I had the same dilemma as you last week with 2 apps, 1 put me a week ahead then i should have been. I double checked with an online due date calculator....

I deleted the wrong one, the 1 i have now is lite pregnancy.... What are you using, hope your keeping well xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

I'm out :( Started bleeding on Weds morning, hospital not concerned, booked me in for a scan on 19th (helpful!!). Went back in Weds night as bleeding was a lot worse & cramping, just sent me home again, no scan. Major pain and blood loss on Friday night so think that was it. No way I was going into UCHG A&E on a Friday night and didn't want to be fobbed off again so will just ring GP tomorrow.

Sad, tired and a bit angry to be honest.

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry to hear wily minx. That is so sad. Look after yourself.x

Hiya,

Just popping in from October,
    I had the same dilemma as you last week with 2 apps, 1 put me a week ahead then i should have been. I double checked with an online due date calculator....

I deleted the wrong one, the 1 i have now is lite pregnancy.... What are you using, hope your keeping well xxx

Hi I am using what to expect and baby centre pregnancy app. They both have me at the same due date yet one asks me to read week ten and one week eleven. If I'm 10 weeks and 2 days am I supposed to keep looking at week ten or eleven?:-*

Sorry to hear that minx. Happened to me before so I know what you're going thru. I think all of us are worried of it happening since it's so early on. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jane

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin? I got mine done in the Orwell clinic next to Mount Carmel, they were great. We got a €20 voucher off another scan so I'm thinking of going for a gender scan to confirm what the hospital said. Imo, it's well worth paying for an early scan to know that everything is in place. I had one at 8 weeks + 5. It seems like ages ago now (due in June) but it helped us so much!

I've also heard good things about a place in Blackrock - ultrasound something I think it's called. It's on the main street opposite Eddie Rockets.

We got one done at the Orwell Clinic too - highly recomend them, they were lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jane

Has anyone told work yet? How long are you planning to wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Back from my scan. My due date has been moved to end of August and I'm expecting twins. I'm shocked and scared... they are healthy so I should really be delighted and happy but I'm very confused right now.

Congrats happydayz! Has the news sunk in? Very exciting :)

Look after yourself wily minx, thinking of you

How is everyone feeling? My morning sickness seems to have subsided in the last two days, just the occasional waves of nausea rather than 24/7 which is a lot easier to cope with and my appetite it back :)

Is anyone having difficulty sleeping? I only seem to be able to sleep for about 2 hours at a time so spend half the night lying wide awake and most of the day cross-eyed with tiredness!!! I suppose it's all part of the fun of being pregnant :)

I hope everyone is keeping well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We haven't told anyone and don't plan to for another few weeks. I'll be twelve weeks this weekend and I've zero desire to share the news, hoping to get away with it until March. I'm on maternity leave, so will tell work before I go back, probably around 20 weeks after we have our big scan.

sorry wily minx, hope you're feeling better.. definately think hospitals need more training to deal with these situations. How hard is it to give a quick scan?? been there myself and its not nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Hi.

I am due in September. Have suffered from recurrent miscarriages for a few years before i had my two so i have an early scan with the EPU on Wednesday. Very nervous as morning sickness has gone. I am on progesterone which could be masking a miscarriage.

Anyway what will be will be.
    I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old.

Thanks McBubbles. News has sunk in and very happy and excited now. Still get those oh sugar moments though. Saw gp today and bombarded her with questions.

Have to ring hospital tomorrow to see if I've to reschedule. May also change from semi p to public as I can't figure out if I'll be liable for extra costs for scans and maybe early delivery and vhi's answers aren't very clear. Does any one know?

I'm really lucky as I've barely had any morning sickness and tiredness isn't too extrem. I'm already showing so will tell the girls in work on Monday.
    I'm 12 weeks in 2 days as I've been told I'm due 30 August but hope it's ok to stay here.

Hope every one else is doing ok?

Brilliant Happydayz!!! I am so delighted for you. I can only imagine the shock you had initially, but hey twice the fun :) lucky you with very little morning sickness too.

I am so excited, I finally got a date for my first scan the first week in March, can't wait to see what's going on and to start telling people! My family keep joking that we are having twins as there is a strong line of them in the family!!!!

Hope all you ladies are keeping well

Hi.

I am due in September. Have suffered from recurrent miscarriages for a few years before i had my two so i have an early scan with the EPU on Wednesday. Very nervous as morning sickness has gone. I am on progesterone which could be masking a miscarriage.

Anyway what will be will be.
    I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old.

Hi going demented

I hope everything goes well with your scan

Oh it would be great if you had twins! I've just rang the hostpital and they want to see me tomorrow. It's great they could accomodate me like this.
    They also confirmed on the phone that I won't be facing additional costs in the hospital which has put my mind at ease.

• Advertisement

GoingDemented I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope all goes well today!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

2 weeks to go until hospital appointment + first scan.
    give me patience!! I'm already climbing the walls with excitement :o

had some pain on Monday and felt faint and sick and panicked a bit. Got seen by the early pregnancy clinic at the hospital and managed to get a scan, everything looks fine, saw the little baby and the heartbeat flickering away, it was amazing!! Had a private scan booked for FRiday but cancelled it seeing as i got the scan for free in the hospital!! Hope everyone is feeling OK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Thanks all. My scan went fine. Baby and heartbeat seen.

Will be back later to catch up and proper full reply

Delighted to hear Going Demented! Great news.

Brilliant news going demented :)

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    had some pain on Monday and felt faint and sick and panicked a bit. Got seen by the early pregnancy clinic at the hospital and managed to get a scan, everything looks fine, saw the little baby and the heartbeat flickering away, it was amazing!! Had a private scan booked for FRiday but cancelled it seeing as i got the scan for free in the hospital!! Hope everyone is feeling OK!!

Poor you, sounds like you got a bit of a fright. Glad everything is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Hey all! hope you're all well?
    9 weeks today and I am starting to show already I had hoped to keep it under wraps for a while especially in work but I don't think that is going to happen! Started working there this time last year when I was 24 weeks pregnant and still wasn't showing really! I assume its because it's number 2 and I haven't lost the weight. Still can't believe I'm going to have 2 under 2!! Very excited though!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hello to everyone!
    Am throwing my hat into the due in September ring. Due on the 10th and will be going public in CUMH. Won't be telling anyone until after amnio in march but can't keep it to myself anymore! Only my (14year old) daughter and husband know so far... Mainly because they both spend a lot of time holding my hair when I throw up... Anyway, nice to meet you all. Here's to the journey!

• Advertisement

Hello to everyone!
    Am throwing my hat into the due in September ring. Due on the 10th and will be going public in CUMH. Won't be telling anyone until after amnio in march but can't keep it to myself anymore! Only my (14year old) daughter and husband know so far... Mainly because they both spend a lot of time holding my hair when I throw up... Anyway, nice to meet you all. Here's to the journey!

Welcome and congrats :)

Advertisement