Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

Yes I've told very few people - all only on a need to know basis. Everyone else will know long enough! Not having a scan til the 14th so I've told my other half if all is well he can tell who he likes by Paddys day because he's like a dog with a bone at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Scan done and dusted everything great! Crazy seeing the little thing dancing away like a lunatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

12 weeks, wuhu!!
    Scan on Monday, cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi all,

Feeling very sorry for all you ladies who are having terrible morning sickness/hyperemesis. I had h/e with my last pregnancy so I know what it's like to be able to pick out your toilet bowl from a line-up. Things not so bad for me this time, but I persisted with taking vitamin B6 (mainly because it stayed down!) and I think it might have made a difference. Definitely worth a try if all else is failing for you. Dose is about 25mg twice a day. Anyway, a wise nurse said to me when I was at my worst, that all you need are fluids and calories and not to worry too much about the form they take. Better to keep down a can of coke than throw up a glass of water. So I relaxed a bit and was able to keep down some (nutritionally awful!) things. By 6 months I was 10lbs lighter than my start weight but the baby was measuring fine!
    The good news from my end is we had our scan last Monday and things looking good😊 Nuchal measurement was lovely and low so things looking good for amnio in a few weeks. All smiles here.
    Thinking of you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corkgirl17

very jealous of all you ladies who have reached the 12 mark stage. Another week to go, can't come soon enough. Have told our immediate family and work but thats all. Look forward to being able to tell people providing everything goes well in the 12 week scan. Must have been lovely for you all to have your scans, did they look like proper babies??

• Advertisement

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    very jealous of all you ladies who have reached the 12 mark stage. Another week to go, can't come soon enough. Have told our immediate family and work but thats all. Look forward to being able to tell people providing everything goes well in the 12 week scan. Must have been lovely for you all to have your scans, did they look like proper babies??

They do! Amazing when you can see the little arms and legs moving, and our little one seemed to have hiccups during the scan. I think it's nice to get a full screen pic (where you can see the whole baby) as well as the close up one if possible. For some reason I can see the baby more clearly in those ones... It's a beautiful thing seeing your baby for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 orlamcnevin

Can't believe only finding this thread now! Due on September 7th, was 13 weeks on Saturday. 1st baby and super excited.
    Don't have my 1st official appointment until Thurs but had really bad pains in week 9 so ended up being sent for a scan to confirm all ok. Actually glad now as it would have been such a long wait otherwise! I kinda told people in dribs and drabs but most friends and family knew by week 11. I found it so hard not to tell. So interesting how different women have different opinions on when to tell. I don't think there's a right and a wrong just whatever feels right at the time. Well done mamas, hope the next 6/7 months go great (or as well as can be expected) for everyone!

Had my scan today, it was amazing!!!! Baby was very active and got to see it from all angles. Midwife doing the scan was great, took loads of time, showed us loads and explained everything, gave us lots of pics too. Brilliant day :) Due date 13th Sept

McBubbles wrote: »
    Had my scan today, it was amazing!!!! Baby was very active and got to see it from all angles. Midwife doing the scan was great, took loads of time, showed us loads and explained everything, gave us lots of pics too. Brilliant day :) Due date 13th Sept
    Aww, how nice!! Makes it more real now.. Glad you had a great experience, hopefully mine will be as good next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

so apparently you get one appointment early in the pregnancy with the hospital, and the next one a LONG while after that: mine's in late June :-o when I'll be 32 weeks... I'll have to ring them back on Monday, to check with the midwife when/if at all they're doing that anomaly scan. Friend of mine had hers at 24 weeks I think. Really confused now.

• Advertisement

McBubbles wrote: »

Hey McBubbles,

Delighted for you:) It's so nice when they take a bit of time with you isn't it?

Was wondering how you are getting on with your exercise at the moment. I know you were finding it hard to give up the more intense stuff. Did you find anything to replace it with? I'm hoping to take up yoga/pilates soon so I'm Strong!for the birth. But I'm not a very sporty person so we'll have to see how that goes.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I`m back after a few horrendous weeks of worry I had my 3rd scan this week and I`m still pregnant, 13w1day and new due date for Sept 13th.
    I`m a mix of emotions but delighted to be still in this sept club with ye.
    I`m attending Portiuncla Hospital, Balinasloe and also had my scan in Loughrea.

Grarf - I`m having a gestational diabetes test in mid May but don`t know when the next scan/app is. I did ask but nurse said she`d send one out "sometime" According to the combined care card the next few visits are to g.p. only and next hospital app at 32 weeks. UCHG do a 20weeks scan even if you had a 12/15 weeks one. Whatcha think?

Fri.Day welcome back! I was only reading over old posts today and hoping that everything was ok with you. Must have been an awful worrying time for you.
    So glad all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Fri.Day so glad your here. Hope all goes smoothe now!
    Got my first consultant appointment on Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous. I already look more pregnant then I did with my first at 25 weeks whats a bit scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Fri.Day, so happy you and babs are ok, great to see you back! :-)

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m back after a few horrendous weeks of worry I had my 3rd scan this week and I`m still pregnant, 13w1day and new due date for Sept 13th.
    I`m a mix of emotions but delighted to be still in this sept club with ye.
    I`m attending Portiuncla Hospital, Balinasloe and also had my scan in Loughrea.

Grarf - I`m having a gestational diabetes test in mid May but don`t know when the next scan/app is. I did ask but nurse said she`d send one out "sometime" According to the combined care card the next few visits are to g.p. only and next hospital app at 32 weeks. UCHG do a 20weeks scan even if you had a 12/15 weeks one. Whatcha think?

Excellent news to have you here again Fri.Day :D all good!!
    yeah I rang the hospital yesterday, and they said that it's standard to have your first appointment at about 13 weeks, and then nothing until week 30-ish, just one GP visit or so.
    I'm going to ring them up again on Monday (been told that the midwifes will be there then), and ask if I can get an anomaly scan done anyway, please and thank you. The Anomaly scan doesn't appear to be done by default in B'sloe, according to online forums. So I'll ask, all they can say is no, and if they do, I'll see if I can get it done in Galway. I do think the anomaly scan is important, purely for peace of mind, this being my first little one and all.
    Plus, the fact that I myself was born at 29 weeks, and my next appointment isn't until I'll be 30 weeks... eeh. (not that I want my child to be born that early, do as I say, don't do as I did, and all that :))

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Thanks Grarf.
    Thats a pity I was hoping to get a scan a bit earlier than 8 weeks before due date. I`m hoping to find out the gender so I guess ill have to wait til July...long time!
    I`ve just turned 38 so im now in the testing net for diabetes, didn`t have it last year at 37yrs in UCHG. Anyone else getting it?
    The scan was great, my little baby was kinda lying on his back then when Doc was trying to get a better angle he promptly turned his ass to us all, as if turning in in the bed to get more comfy, so cute!
    I`m calling baby he/him at the min cos I can`t really say "IT". IT doesn`t sound nice at all.

Great to see you back on here Friday. Glad everything is going well for you.

Gosh everyone's appointments vary hugely from hospital to hospital. I am with my doctor for a check up in 5 weeks then a hospital apt at 25 weeks ( I think they are doing a scan then) not sure after that.

As for exercise, just brisk walks and stretching, seem to be doing the trick at the moment, I'm finding I get tired quite quickly though.

How is the second trimester treating everyone? Less sick and more energy, woohoo :)

Take care in all that snow and ice ladies

yeah it's mad really how different the appointments are between hospitals. Friend of mine is attending UCHG, she had her first (and what looks like only) scan at 20 weeks, which was the anomaly scan.
    what I'm going to do now is, get an anomaly scan done privately (not sure where yet, might go up to Dublin for it - the in-laws are up there, so it's a good excuse to visit) - sod it, I don't mind paying for it, and I'll get it done somewhere that has good/detailed scanners etc.

Second trimester is a breeze so far, thankfully - full of energy (that's relatively speaking, compared to the first trimester), and hardly any nausea anymore, only the odd morning when my belly is empty.
    Going for a swim tonight hopefully, went last week for the first time in ages, and REALLY enjoyed it :)

had my 12 week scan today, all looks good!! can finally relax now and accept that in 6 months time there will be a baby!! the difference between the 8 week scan and the 12 week is amazing. have another scan in 8 weeks time so will be amazing to see the difference again.

Im a bit behind all you ladies so im only nearing the end of my first trimester. I look forward to the increased energy!!

So are ye starting to show yet? i feel my belly has begun to stick out a bit, like i've eaten too much!!

• Advertisement

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    had my 12 week scan today, all looks good!! can finally relax now and accept that in 6 months time there will be a baby!! the difference between the 8 week scan and the 12 week is amazing. have another scan in 8 weeks time so will be amazing to see the difference again.

Im a bit behind all you ladies so im only nearing the end of my first trimester. I look forward to the increased energy!!

So are ye starting to show yet? i feel my belly has begun to stick out a bit, like i've eaten too much!!

Congrats :)
    All these little milestones are great.

I constantly feel like my belly is sticking out but everyone laughs at me when I say it. Only time in my life I have been delighted to have a belly lol!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

hey,
    well i'll be 12 wks tomorrow an am off to dun laoighre for my scan. apparently we wont get to see the baby just hear the heart beat but that'll do me! still a bit scared about having to give blood eek!

oh yea...for those of you with a smart phone..ive started using an app called kegal kat its a daily reminder thingy to help you do your pelvic floor exercises. i keep forgetting to do them when i go for a pee so its a v handy app to have.
    im also using the im expecting app..it tells you the size of your baby every week...tomorrow our baby will be the size of a lime:P and who doesnt loves limes!!:pac:

Had my first appointment today. Both babies doing well. So am on a high now. My doc was lovely. She's sending me for a big scan in 2 weeks to get measurments. Fingers crossed we'll find out the genders. Hope every one else is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

Can I join in?

Am actually due Aug 31 - but its my first, so will probably be late. Also the Aug board are all well ahead of me!

I'm 4 months tomorrow and still tired, emotional and completely irrational. But in the past couple days the extreme exhaustion is starting to leave - so hears hoping.

Glad to see everyones scans are going well. Hope the symptoms are going equally well :D And looking forward to spending the next few months with ye!

thats great happydayz, glad both babies are doing well!!
    welcome dinkie, the more the merrier, its nice to see the group getting bigger!!

Good to hear ye're all getting on ok :)
    Dinkie, at my scan a few weeks ago I was given a possible due date of Aug. 31st as well, based on the size of the baby. Baby is very tall apparently, but with me being 5 ft 11 and dad over 6 ft, no surprises there :D I'm sticking with Sept. 3rd, anyway!

Same due date as me then grarf. Good news your baby is growing so well. Any one else want to find out gender/s? I can't wait to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We aren't finding out and didn't last time, I loved the anticipation!
    Is anyone else still getting nausea? I have some very low days with it.

Yup, still have some very bad days, and still no weight gain (am about 2lbs under my start weight..) I do think the vitamin b6 helped though as I'm much better than the last time..

We are having amnio next tuesday and have decided to find out the sex this time.. We didn't last time so we feel a bit 'why not?' this time. Will save hours discussing the wrong baby names!! Terrified about the amnio though, can't wait til its over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

grarf wrote: »
    Good to hear ye're all getting on ok :)
    Dinkie, at my scan a few weeks ago I was given a possible due date of Aug. 31st as well, based on the size of the baby. Baby is very tall apparently, but with me being 5 ft 11 and dad over 6 ft, no surprises there :D I'm sticking with Sept. 3rd, anyway!

How is everyone doing?

Grarf - good to see I'm not the only end August date:D As i'm a bridesmaid mid sept, I'm praying the baby will arrive on time if not earlier :D

Thanks corkgirl17 - its great to be able to talk to other people about the same stage - it eases a lot of worries.

I'm 16+1 today. I was able to smell coffee and cooked meat for the first time in about 3 months today so delighted!! Prior to this it would make me ill. Hopefully this is the start of feeling better. I have a headache to day, but its not too bad. Feel like I'm aways moaning, since I found out I was preggers :rolleyes:

We are not going to find out the gender. I'd love to but OH doesn't want to. Ah well.

lazygal and banbhhaaifric - hope the nausea is getting better....

How is everyone else doing weight wise. I've put on 6 pounds, and seemingly thats a bit much to have put on. Am trying to watch what I eat, but am permenantly hungry!

Advertisement