Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options
  • 08-01-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Well let me start off this thread
    Found out this morning Im pregnant!!!
    Scary stuff as its still early days but what the hell!
    My baby is almost 6months now so hopefully he'll be walking before sept.
    And as my hubby said when i told him...
    Let the mayhem commence!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Congrats Fri.Day.
    I found out 1st of Jan :-) Due date 6th of September. Trying to sort Hospital stuff out at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Great we`re not alone!! I`m sure a few more were up to no good over christmas :P:P !!
    My own due date is roughly sept 10/15
    I was following the SMEP [sperm meets egg plan] and ovulated late (day 20) so we`ll see what Doc says thursday
    I spent most of today daydreaming about the fun we`ll have for the next few months...
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Wihoo!! We're all in the Sept club. :-) I found out on Jan 1st too, due around Sept 2nd.

Congrats to all of us. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Congrats to all!!! I'm joining too :D
    Early days but bursting to share it with anyone!!
    First baby for myself and hubby. So excited and a little nervous.

• Advertisement

Completed my hospital bookings today. Still thinking about doing a private scan. Boyfriend is still in shock and I'm over the moon. Bit sad I can't share the joy with him. Hopefully soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Completed my hospital bookings today. Still thinking about doing a private scan. Boyfriend is still in shock and I'm over the moon. Bit sad I can't share the joy with him. Hopefully soon.

Congrats on your pregnancy and to all other September mums too :)

I did at private scan at almost 9 weeks and I'd really recommend it. Makes it feel real. Would probably be good for your boyfriend too if he would go with you. My husband was amazed at our first scan :)

4 of us oooh goodie :p
    Any symptoms ladies?
    Kinda nauseous today myself, not sleeping very well, very vivid dreams and funny taste in my mouth this past week. Feels like i forgot to brush my teeth :)
    I was on a cruise at this stage in the last pregnancy so didn`t notice til I was home that tastes were a bit off....
    So damned pleased with any symptoms really to make it real!!
    Ive stiil got about 10lbs baby weight to lose but Im not going on any diet now!!
    Heading to Doc tomorrow and a bit nervous about her reaction cos I had a section with my boy just 6 months ago and dunno if the extra weight and getting pregnant so soon is gonna complicate things.

Any more?
    Got my due date as Sept 10th with a note added to it about my late ovulation!!

Told both my sisters, mother and mother in law. They were a bit taken aback at how soon after my july baby but we`re here now!
    Ill be telling my close friends over the next few weeks, not waiting til 12/14 week cos if the worst happens ill need the support.
    Happy weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

Yeay!! I'm in!

It seems we're expecting a surprise 3rd baby around 14th Sept, don't know how accurate the date is yet as I wasn't keeping a track of dates! We were not careful once! Ironic as it took a year of trying for last baby. We have a 2yo daughter & 5 month old son.

Going public as the care was excellent the 1st 2 times but having a private early scan to date the pregnancy at the end of Jan.

Now that the shock has worn off I'm very excited!

Congrats everyone and here's hoping to a happy, healthy 2013!

• Advertisement

Second one for me but my son is 6 so don't remember much. I thought I'm not getting the fatigue but its kicked in now. Only up 4 hours and could go to bed again! How's every one else?

Woo Hoo, congrats Wily Minx!! That makes 5 of us now!!

How is everyone feeling? I have had flu for the last two weeks so cannot tell the difference between flu symptoms or pregnancy symptoms, I have just been feeling pretty rotten. Exhausted today, I had a little nap on the couch after lunch which was lovely.
    I cannot wait until my 12 week scan, I know I'm pregnant (I took enough tests!) but it still seems so unreal.
    We are bursting to tell people but we're not sure how soon is too soon. When do you ladies plan on sharing your news?

Thanks! Feeling nauseous on and off all day and night, same as previous pregnancies, was generally from about 5-10 wks before so hopefully it's not too long to put up with it. We've told immediate family and a couple of friends. Will probably tell my boss after the 8 wk ish scan if I can hide it til then! I don't know if it's Christmas bulge or if I've a small bump already! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Congrats all! :-)
    I have horrendous morning sickness and Im not even week 7 yet. None of the traditional remedies work, Im throwing up every time I get up. Had to take wed and thurs off sick, went to work yesterday and only lasted an hour - in that time I threw up 4 times. Dunno how Im gonna cope the next few weeks...

I know it'll be worth it but right now its hard to focus on.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Yay, joining in here as well -
    found out just before Christmas that I am pregnant, and am now 6 or 7 weeks I think? Due on the 3rd September, anyway, first baby! Hubby and I are very excited of course, and I'm absolutely bursting to tell people but can't really, yet...
    Congrats to the rest of ye ladies, here's to an exciting journey!

Hi grarf, congrats and welcome!!!! yay, another first timer!!!!

Pat McGhee I hope you start feeling better soon

Feeling a bit self conscious when I go out at the mo, my tummy feels like it has expanded already, I can definitely feel it in some of my clothes, I feel like someone is going to find me out soon!!!

Happy Monday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Found out on Saturday expecting no. 2!!

Looks like will be due around September 16th! Number 1 is 6 so feeling kind of nervous seems like ages since nappies and bottles!

opensesamee we're the same! My boy is 6 too. Oh the questions when I'm going to tell him. He's ill right now so by the time he was sleeping last night I either was hungry or had to pee so sitting in work like a zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

So Excited, joining in here too :)
    Found out on Christmas day that I was pregnant after 8 long months of TTC, and now I'm 7 weeks.... due on the 3rd September with our first baby! Hubby is so excited hasn't quite sank in for me yrt, had an early pregnancy scan on Tuesday but didn't see very much so have another scan next Fri so hoping to see something at that stage.
    Congrats to the rest of you ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrs Flintstone

Hello Ladies & congratulations!!
    I'm new to Boards.ie & new to pregnancy. This is my first baby and he/she should be arriving around 23 September so I'm very early on. At the mo I'm weighing up my option and am not sure which hospital to go to or whether to go public, SP or private. I work quite close to Holles Street and think this could be handy for appointments etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

so ladies, how's everyone doing? well I hope? :)
    don't know about you all, but I'm SO tired, all the time! all I want to do is sleep!

Same here, start to flag at work by 3 and can't keep my eyes open past 9pm! Made worse by both babies still waking in the night. That said I don't seem to be as sick this time... But maybe I'm just too busy to dwell on it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

Yeah I'm tired all the time, and sleep in most mornings, I'm only 7 weeks but my work have already guessed I'm pregnant.... in their words "you don't look your usual self" and have "glazed eyes" they are delighted for me though and it made telling the boss so much easier now that he's guessed!!! Thankfully though it's only tiredness I have no sickness or cramps. The only other thing is I get really dizzy when I stand up after sitting for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭corkgirl17

Hi All, I'm in too!! Due 24th September so very early days.. happy but soo nervous as I miscarried a few months ago. Trying to be positive and hope this time its meant to be.. Hope everyone is feeling good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm in too!! Due 24th September so very early days.. happy but soo nervous as I miscarried a few months ago. Trying to be positive and hope this time its meant to be.. Hope everyone is feeling good!

Just popping in from April, hope things go really well for you corkgirl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭corkgirl17

Thanks Digs, hope things are going well with you, you must have a nice bump at this point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Due on the 11th or 12th - different online calculators have given me different dates :confused: but LMP was 5/12 so 6w3d today. My youngest is nearly 6 so it's all new again

When should I go to my GP? Am I right in thinking all she'll do is send the referral to the maternity hospital? I remember on my last pregnancy I'd previously had 2 early losses so she told me to come back around 8-10 weeks so I'm wondering now should I bother making an appointment for this coming week (I'll be 7w Wednesday) or wait another week or 2. I'll be going public and not fussy about consultants, none of the ones that were in the hospital on my last pregnancy are there any more AFAIK

This first trimester is so bloody long, I hate not having had a scan, it's as if the pregnancy is not really real yet. Hurry up September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Another one in the club. Due Sept 6th. Our 1st will be 6 in march and after 3 long years of trying , 3 weeks before we started fertility treatment we finally got the surprise. I've seen my gp already to confirm and she sent a letter on to the hospital. I'll be going public again this time. Does anyone know when I can expect the 1st scan? I'm sure my gp told me but I can't recall now.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Congratulations iPearly what a nice surprise to get. From my memory the 1st scan is around 13 weeks but it might vary in different parts of the country.

• Advertisement

So I make it 12 little bumps??
    Mrs Flintstone
    Grarf
    Friday
    Happydayz
    PatMcGhee
    McBubbles
    WilyMinx
    Opensesame
    X167346
    CorkGirl
    JulyJane
    Ipearly
    Fantastic stuff Ladies and congratulations to us all...:D
    Ive been a bit anxious lately and cant wait to get to 12/14 weeks mark to breathe a sigh of relief, and Im taking it as a good sign that Im so emotional today and cried at everything and even in the middle of laughing I was off blubbering away. I think my husband thinks im mental but he`s saying nothing :D:cool:

Advertisement