Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

God I don't know if I'm tired or just lazy. I stayed in bed til about 10am both Saturday and Sunday but went to bed early last night so I'd be up for the school run. After the school run I came home and had a shower and got back into bed til after 12 o clock. This at 6w5d what will I be like further down the line! I was working FT on all my other pregnancies so I just had to get on with things but I guess the boredom now is making me feel everything. I felt a bit sick but never got sick on any pregnancy, it seems to hit me more in the night than the morning but this morning I felt a bit queasy and had no appetite. I had a bit of tea and toast with jam now and feel a bit better. Don't know if I'll be able for dinner though, yesterday evening I just had soup and a sandwich and couldn't even finish that

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

julyjane, I know exactly how you feel.
    At almost 7 weeks I am constantly tired and very nauseous all the time :( All I have managed to keep down for a week now is toast and water. Normally I run about 4 miles a day can not even think about that at the moment. Hopefully it will not last very long though. Hope all you Sept ladies are doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭corkgirl17

Im only 5 weeks and time is going by so slowly.. Can't wait to tell someone.. Has everybody told someone or are you keeping it quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Told my close family, his close family and one friend. Not sure when to tell the rest including my son from a previous relationship. Bit nervous about telling him and especially his dad.

happydayz8 wrote: »
    Told my close family, his close family and one friend. Not sure when to tell the rest including my son from a previous relationship. Bit nervous about telling him and especially his dad.
    I'm sure he'll be delighted to have a brother or sister!! Will try and hold out another week or so before telling anyone. It's torture!!!!!

• Advertisement

I've told no-one except the other half, he's like a child at Christmas :) I am hoping to leave it as long as possible to tell people because I've been pregnant before and I found the 9 months (9 months and 11 days last time!) so long and I seemed to be a magnet for attention and personal questions which I hate. They'll all know for long enough :D

Himself finds it very hard to keep a secret so we're probably doing well to have it a secret this long. I guess I'll have to tell a few close family and friends before our first hospital appointment as I'm going public and we'll surely meet someone we know

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Ive told family and friends as ive met them.
    When I miscarried before no one knew I was pregnant so I didn`t have as much support when i went mental so when I got pregnant with my little boy I treated it as a positive thing and told the world and his mother at 6weeks. Im doing the same this time around and for now I am pregnant!!
    Trying to book an early scan appointment for 8 weeks at the min to give myself a little goal to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Have told my family, his family, a few close friends and work (had to due to the ms)

I went to the hospital today for a second round of fluids and anti nausea meds. While there I asked really nicely if they'd do a scan and they did! :-) It turns out Im 7 weeks + 4, and not 8 weeks. I have a blob! Will try and post the pic tomorrow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

McBubbles wrote: »
    julyjane, I know exactly how you feel.
    At almost 7 weeks I am constantly tired and very nauseous all the time :( All I have managed to keep down for a week now is toast and water. Normally I run about 4 miles a day can not even think about that at the moment. Hopefully it will not last very long though. Hope all you Sept ladies are doing well :)
    Are any of you ladies running? I would be like mcbubbles and would have run around 15 km a week. Before I had my son I had a ms (7 years ago) this time the doc told me to walk and avoid running.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fri.Day wrote: »
    So I make it 12 little bumps??
    Mrs Flintstone
    Grarf
    Friday
    Happydayz
    PatMcGhee
    McBubbles
    WilyMinx
    Opensesame
    X167346
    CorkGirl
    JulyJane
    Ipearly
    Fantastic stuff Ladies and congratulations to us all...:D

Make that 13. :D I found out at the weekend I'm expecting. 5 weeks exactly today. A bit stunned by the speed of it to be honest, it took us 2.5 yrs and Clomid to get pregnant the last time, then month 2 of kinda casually trying and it happens. I have an 8mth old who will be 16 mths when his sibling comes along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

As this is my first pregnancy I am completely clueless to a lot of the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. Can any of you tell me at what stage is it safe to fly. September is so far away and I want to book a holiday to give us something to look forward to that's a bit closer than Sept!!! Or is this something that differs from person to person?

Hi x167346

In my last pregnancy I flew when I was 32 weeks pregnant. You would probably enjoy your holidays most in your second trimester. I would also avoid longhaul unless your used to long flights.

This is from Aer Lingus but I'm sure different Airlines have different rules as I can't remember having to fill out any thing. I think I asked my doctor to give me a cert stating that I'm fit to travel...

http://www.aerlingus.com/help/help/specialassistance/#d.en.1328
    Passengers Travelling while Pregnant
    Between Ireland and the UK
    You may travel up to week 32 of pregnancy with your doctor's written permission. Between weeks 32-35 your doctor must complete an Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Aer Lingus will not carry any passengers over 36 weeks for any part of their journey, outbound or return.

All Other Routes
    You may travel up to week 28 of pregnancy with your doctor's written permission. Between weeks 28-33 your doctor must complete an Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Aer Lingus will not carry any passengers 34 weeks or over for any part of their journey, outbound or return.

Ireland, UK and Continental Europe originating passengers will need to fill out the Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form signed by their doctor and send it by fax to 00 353 1 886 6868. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form.

Passengers are required to provide a minimum of 48 hours notice of their intention to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

Thanks for that happydayz8, I have loads of time to play with then so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Say hello to Nugget McGhee :D

Aw Nugget is very cute :) Congrats Pat McGhee

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Got hospital appointment today for the 28th February only 5 weeks to go!

Hoping they still do a scan at this appointment as they did with the last fella!

Have my first midwives appointment tomorrow so decided to tell work. Felt nice to tell someone but I also felt a bit weird like I jinxed it!! The next few weeks are gonna drag!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jane

Hello! Due 31 Aug offically, but as my first babog was 2 weeks late, figure I'm safer joining the Sept due dates ;)

This is probably a stupid question, but I have my first GP appointment tomorrow, what should I wear? Something short sleeved (Brrrrr!) so she can check blood pressure and loose trousers in case she will prod my stomach or do an internal. At 7+2 I don't think there will be much to feel so surely once I say I had 2 BFPs she'll just do the hospital referral. It's been so long since my last baby I can't remember

julyjane wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but I have my first GP appointment tomorrow, what should I wear? Something short sleeved (Brrrrr!) so she can check blood pressure and loose trousers in case she will prod my stomach or do an internal. At 7+2 I don't think there will be much to feel so surely once I say I had 2 BFPs she'll just do the hospital referral. It's been so long since my last baby I can't remember
    I had my first appointment today. Just filled out all the forms for the hospital and had blood pressure checked and blood taken.. No prodding or internals!!

• Advertisement

Thank you corkgirl, AFAIR from last time I only got my bloods done in the hospital and they said because my haemoglobin was high enough (133) they never needed to repeat them until the day after giving birth

julyjane wrote: »
    Thank you corkgirl, AFAIR from last time I only got my bloods done in the hospital and they said because my haemoglobin was high enough (133) they never needed to repeat them until the day after giving birth
    This my first so it's all new to me. Ill have to get more bloods taken at my 12 week scan because they test for down syndrome and test the blood as well apparently!! Not a fan of needles but I suppose I better get used to them!

No blood taken, just signed the form for the hospital and had my BP taken. I'm ok with having blood taken, I'm a blood donor so well used to it. I don't particularly like it but I've learned just to take a deep breath when the needle goes in and then that's the worst part over with. All depends on the person taking the blood though.

I'm already dreading the hospital stay, hopefully one night will be enough, I spent one night before and 2 nights after on the last baby and a total of 7 nights on my first. I suppose when the time comes I'll be glad of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jane

corkgirl17 wrote: »
    This my first so it's all new to me. Ill have to get more bloods taken at my 12 week scan because they test for down syndrome and test the blood as well apparently!! Not a fan of needles but I suppose I better get used to them!

Are you getting the nuchal fold/foetal anomaly scan done publically or privately? I really had to strongly advocate for myself to get this done publicly (in Dublin).

Oh, and on an unrelated note, had my dating scan on Friday, and have been adjusted to 3rd Sept, so I'm officially Sept now :)

Jane wrote: »

Are you getting the nuchal fold/foetal anomaly scan done publically or privately? I really had to strongly advocate for myself to get this done publicly (in Dublin).

Oh, and on an unrelated note, had my dating scan on Friday, and have been adjusted to 3rd Sept, so I'm officially Sept now :)
    I'm in the UK at the moment so they offer it at the 12 week scan.. You can opt to take it or not..

Did you have a private scan? Must have been great seeing everything's going well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LWNYC

Hi all,
    I've just joined and am due on 24/09 - very exciting times!
    My first scan seems like a very long way away - 10th April, and I don't think I can wait that long.
    Any suggestions on private clinic to get a scan - thinking about late February.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Lwnyc - where are you based?

My friend got hers done in The Merrion Fetal Clinc at the back of Holles Street and they were really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

LWNYC wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've just joined and am due on 24/09 - very exciting times!
    My first scan seems like a very long way away - 10th April, and I don't think I can wait that long.
    Any suggestions on private clinic to get a scan - thinking about late February.
    Thanks!

Are you in Dublin? I got mine done in the Orwell clinic next to Mount Carmel, they were great. We got a €20 voucher off another scan so I'm thinking of going for a gender scan to confirm what the hospital said. Imo, it's well worth paying for an early scan to know that everything is in place. I had one at 8 weeks + 5. It seems like ages ago now (due in June) but it helped us so much!

I've also heard good things about a place in Blackrock - ultrasound something I think it's called. It's on the main street opposite Eddie Rockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LWNYC

That's great - thanks. I work in town, so will check out the Orwell Clinic and Google the other one in Blackrock. Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Welcome LWNYC!!

How is everyone feeling? Has anyone gotten their scan date yet?

Advertisement