Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Baby's shouldn't be allowed be late! I'm only 2 days over but oh my god I'm so fed up! My 15 month old is getting fed up with a Mammy who can't play with her as much as she'd like too! This baby is the first to be late on either side of the family! OH's mum was early for all hers, his sister was early for hers, my mum was early or bang on time (me) and my sister was early! Oh and I was early with number 1! I hate being late for anything and I think he fact that I have no say in when baba is going to arrive is getting to me!!

Sorry for ranting!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

lmullen im a bit jealous of your impatience :) this is my first and im a bit freaked..due date is tomorrow ! looks like i'll go over but maaaan theres nothing i can do to prepare myself for whats about to come :eek:
    but hopefully you'll go soon and all will go great

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

I was due the 20th. Being brought in on Monday if nothing happens in between! I'm same as you Clare82! No idea what lies ahead, so no great panick on me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyFFoxw8uaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For those feeling a little bit nervous, something to take your mind off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Had my little girl 8lbs11oz monday by section about 10am
    Was goin great guns sunday eve again and popped into hosp, so on account of previous section they admitted me. I was having pain 8-10mins apart but no dialation. Gave me gpethedine and sent hubby home. Was walking off any/all pains til i lost my plug (no mistaking that!!) told midwife, checked me and i was 5cm so rang hubby to come back at 3.30, broke my waters at 4 am, waited til 6.30 for epidural, gas and air were great til they broke waters then is was useless. As luck would have it all progress stopped and at 9.30 we had a section. I gave it a good go to have her naturally.
    Were getting on mighty wit breastfeeding and my milk is in now too.
    Im as happy as a pig in dirt now so hopefully that lasts for a few more days

• Advertisement

My beautiful baby girl Caoimhe arrived safe and sound this morning! Labour was fine had no pain relief and was definitely easier than my last when I took everything going! Arrived in hospital at 12 midnight and delivered at 3.05 with only 8 minutes pushing!
    So far breastfeeding is going really well! She latched within the first hour and has done so every 2 - 3 hours since!
    I hope all you ladies still waiting to meet your baby's are oink well and I hope all you mum's are enjoying being mum!

here we are:

Grarf - Emma Rose - Born 27th August
    joasia1973 - 3rd Sept - girl/surprise- girl- Sophie born 26/aug
    Happydayz - 2 boys - Born 16th July
    IPearly- Matthew - Born 30th August
    Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 22 August
    Fri.Day - Sept 11th - girl- born 23/sept
    Banbhaaifric - 10th Sept - Girl- born 4/sept
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise- girl- Emma born 5/sept
    captain slow irl's OH- boy- born 15/sept
    Opensesamee 15th Sept - Girl
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.- girl- born 9?/sept
    flandabieduzie- 20th sept-
    lmullen - 22nd September - girl Caoimhe -born 25th/sept
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise

right so i guess im next eh?:eek::eek: thought i heard a pop sound earlier and apparently that could be an indication of waters going but nope nothing :rolleyes:
    good luck flandabieduzie and chocoholic84 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Just putting the correct date on mine

Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 22 August
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.- girl- born 6th Sept

anybody else get anxious before the big day...last night..well 5am and just now ive found myself getting v anxious and panicky and just bawling my eyes out. i guess its fear of the unknown but the unexpected tears are just making me feel very unprepared and kinda depressed/down/weak etc. :(

feeling v sorry for myself here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

i've got a little anxious every now and then over the last few days. It's only natural i imagine. But people have been doin this since the beginning time. And as the midwife said on my anti-natal class "we come from a long line of succussful breeders, or we wouldn't be here!" Try and distract yourself as best you can, books, movies, whatever.... don't be hard on yourself... Relax, long bathes are good! We're nearly there lady and won't be long forgetting about these last few days... mind yourself :)

• Advertisement

thanks flandabieduzie :) i actually burst out crying after i read your message..just feeling very pregnant today and emotional but yes you are right i'll try to stay distracted and not allow doubt to creep in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

clare82 wrote: »
    thanks flandabieduzie :) i actually burst out crying after i read your message..just feeling very pregnant today and emotional but yes you are right i'll try to stay distracted and not allow doubt to creep in :o
    Clare, enjoy your last days as I'm already missing my belly and so jelous you still have yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Congrats to all the Sept mammies!! Though a lot of impatient babies arriving early :-) Hope everyone is doing well?

Little Izzy is flying it after her early arrival and has gained loads of weight since birth, she's about 6.5lbs now, a big leap from 4lbs 15oz! She's still so tiny though, newborn clothes still swim on her, it's quite funny.
    Overall she's very good but lately has found her lungs. She's fond of letting us know when she's not happy! Feeding very well, but not bf as that didn't work out. She got quite jaundiced at the start and had to go to neonatal for a few days, just to get enough fluids she had to be formula fed. Plus she kept falling asleep on the boob, sometimes within seconds! She wasn't getting near enough from me, despite having plenty of milk and in the end formula just worked out best for us. Neonatal was bloody scary though!! I feel for all the parents in there, it puts everything into perspective. But she's home, she's healthy and all is well.

Btw, just putting the correct date on mine

Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 23 August

Well ladies are all these babies going to be with us before the end of today or are they going to be October babies?
    C is 6 days old today and is doing super! She is breastfeeding like a super star no problem latching or nursing - the complete opposite of my first!
    Still can't quite believe I've 2 babies under 2! A is being great though absolutely facinated by her little sis! She can't give her enough hugs and kisses!
    I hope everyone is well!

guess what? i had a baby :eek: seems so surreal!!

joasia1973..yep now that my bump is gone i kinda miss it too ha ha

Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 23 August
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl- Tara borh 4th/oct

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Congrats clare82! Is that all the Sept babies now?

Am I the only one who doesn't miss the bump? I'm just still so relieved not to be pregnant any more!

Advertisement