Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

She was still breech Thursday and i went to chiropractor and acupuncturist. In the hospital on Friday they did a scan before they were about to perform an emergency section and she had turned so section was off.
    My second labour was faster than that. It was 22 minutes from 3cm to born. My first was 80 minutes. I cried when i realised i was going fast again. I was hoping for a slower one but it was fine even if i did want to die for the last 15 minutes. I tried to get off the table telling them i had to go. Midwife said 'go where'. I felt awful sorry for myself and cried i was really sorry but i just had to go home now.

Congrats on baby!!!! I was like you, 3cm to born in 30mins!! Very fast for a first baby!! Was in shock, 1st stage was about 5 hours. Had planned on using the pool but my whole plan went out the window very quickly!!! Hope you are all doing well :)

joasia1973 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies,
    Sophie was born august 26th at 1.15 night. I'm happy now, dealing with breastfeednig now :) All the best

Huge congrats, hope you are both well

Hello all!

Just a quick one to say our little girl arrived as planned on the morning of the 4th at 11.27 weighing 7lbs 1.5 ozs. All went great and we even got to do skin to skin and breastfeed in the OR! Amazing. And after pretty much everyone told us it wouldn't happen.

We are home now and settling in to our new lives. Breastfeeding is going well but I can't wait until my nipples toughen up! Oh lord the pain sometimes... But it will be worth it in the end.

Now all we need is a name......

Hope you are all doing well :). Nearly there eh!

Congratulations!! Glad everything went well. Hope your recovery is going well

7 days in and it is just amazing, so in love with our wee one. She has settled in really well and is very laid back. We are even getting 5 hours sleep at night!!!!

Hope mammys to be are keeping well, not long for ye hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Hey ladies! I was a September 2012 mommy so just wanted to pop in and congratulate everyone :)

I hope everything goes smoothly for all of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Today's the OH's due date, she's been up since 6 with lower back pain - what are the odds that she'll have it today?! :D (first pregnancy)

I was hoping she could hold off until sometime late next week, GTA 5 is out tuesday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

Today's the OH's due date, she's been up since 6 with lower back pain - what are the odds that she'll have it today?! :D (first pregnancy)

I was hoping she could hold off until sometime late next week, GTA 5 is out tuesday!!

Chances are slim.

She's fast asleep now, probably nerves!

She's fast asleep now, probably nerves!

I'll laugh at you if she's in labour all day Tuesday

If she could hold off until November, it'd give me a good stretch at it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

1 week to go! Getting period like cramps every now and again so fingers crossed things might happen early! Cannot wait to meet my baba now! Clary sage oil been burnt in the oil burner drinking plenty of raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my ball and a walk/waddle every day I'm definitely encouraging an early arrival but knowing my luck I'll go 2 weeks over!!

How are all you mum's and mum's in waiting getting on?

If she could hold off until November, it'd give me a good stretch at it!

Ha ha, my hubby said the same to me! Lol
    He was taking 2 wks hols and said the earliest she could arrive was the 4th so he got a few days with the game (joking)....baby arrived on the 5th

lmullen wrote: »
    1 week to go! Getting period like cramps every now and again so fingers crossed things might happen early! Cannot wait to meet my baba now! Clary sage oil been burnt in the oil burner drinking plenty of raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my ball and a walk/waddle every day I'm definitely encouraging an early arrival but knowing my luck I'll go 2 weeks over!!

How are all you mum's and mum's in waiting getting on?

Oh keep bouncing!!!! I was getting period cramps for a few days before my little one arrived so fingers crossed for you. I also had a day of ms 2 days before. Hope you are well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

McBubbles wrote: »
    Wee baby Emma arrived in the very early hours this morning, all 5lb 10oz of her! She is just a little doll, over the moon. Hope everyone is keeping well
    joasia1973 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies,
    Sophie was born august 26th at 1.15 night. I'm happy now, dealing with breastfeednig now :) All the best
    Quick update.

I was booked for a section today due to baby turning breech at 37 weeks. I was booked into the hospital to get bloods taken the friday before.
    I went into labour myself Friday morning and after less than an hour first stage labour and 6 minute second stage i gave birth naturally to my third little girl. I am delighted to have avoided a c section as i would be unable for the pain and it terrified me, had a great labour experience again even though i was terrified in parts, and thrilled with my beautiful little woman. She was 7lb 11.5oz.

Yaaaay!! Huge congrats to all of you, and so happy that everything went well for you all. So great that you avoided the c section too Going Demented. It makes me a bit upset that if I'd had a vaginal birth I'd be pretty much recovered now, but it is slow going after a section....

On the plus side we have settled into breastfeeding now. It took a few days to get the hang of it but we are flying now. Only difficulty is my husband is dying for me to express so he can feed her too but I think we need to hang on for a bit until we are totally in the swing of it. I won't even get started on the suggestion I express so my MIL can feed her.... Maybe I'll take that rant over to the bf-ing thread.... Mind you, it's only because he doesn't get yet what a pain expressing is...

Aaaanywaaay, enough blathering from me. Is everyone ok? It's quite the ride isn't it :p How many times a day are we all leaning over to check they are still breathing :eek::D?

McBubbles wrote: »
    Oh keep bouncing!!!! I was getting period cramps for a few days before my little one arrived so fingers crossed for you. I also had a day of ms 2 days before. Hope you are well :)

I'm one of those lucky people who has never had ms on either pregnancy so I really don't want it to visit me for the first time this close to my babas arrival!
    My mum and granny are off to Boston on Saturday to visit my aunt who just had her first baby so would love for baba to arrive before they go away!

I'm still bouncing!!!!

iPearly wrote: »
    I'll laugh at you if she's in labour all day Tuesday

She went in last night, gave birth at half 3 today. A healthy baby boy; 7lbs 9oz

:D

She went in last night, gave birth at half 3 today. A healthy baby boy; 7lbs 9oz

:D

Well congrats daddy, you can go queue for the game now! Or maybe you changed your mind?

I'm going to bed when I've finished my beer, the game can p*ss off!

I think I've lost my plug!!

How's everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

lmullen wrote: »
    I think I've lost my plug!!

How's everyone else?

Brilliant! How are you going now? Anything happening? Am thinking about you and hoping you'll have your little one in your arms soon :)

• Advertisement

Brilliant! How are you going now? Anything happening? Am thinking about you and hoping you'll have your little one in your arms soon :)

I'm grand lots of cramps and twinges but nothing regular! Fingers crossed things will get going tonight! Can't wait to meet my little bundle! Sunday is my due date so hopefully this little one is punctual!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

right ladies i've tried to update this...make any necessary changes :)
    there doesnt seem to be too many pregnant women left ! hope all is going great for those that have their babas.
    for those of you that are breastfeeding, hows it going?
    if im honest im getting a bit scared of all this birth/baby stuff eek!

Grarf - Emma Rose - Born 27th August
    joasia1973 - 3rd Sept - girl/surprise- girl- Sophie born 26/aug
    Happydayz - 2 boys - Born 16th July
    IPearly- Matthew - Born 30th August
    Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 22 August
    Fri.Day - Sept 11th - girl
    Banbhaaifric - 10th Sept - Girl- born 4/sept
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise- girl- Emma born 5/sept
    Opensesamee 15th Sept - Girl
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.- girl- born 9?/sept
    lmullen - 22nd September - surprise
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise

who is captain slow irl's OH??? boy- born 15/sept

She's not on here; I just clicked into this forum by chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

aahh i see now :D hope its all going great for ye :)

Grarf - Emma Rose - Born 27th August
    joasia1973 - 3rd Sept - girl/surprise- girl- Sophie born 26/aug
    Happydayz - 2 boys - Born 16th July
    IPearly- Matthew - Born 30th August
    Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 22 August
    Fri.Day - Sept 11th - girl
    Banbhaaifric - 10th Sept - Girl- born 4/sept
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise- girl- Emma born 5/sept
    captain slow irl's OH- boy- born 15/sept
    Opensesamee 15th Sept - Girl
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.- girl- born 9?/sept
    lmullen - 22nd September - surprise
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrs Flintstone

Haven't been on this in a long while. Mrs Flintstone due 23 September 2013 - surprise. No sign of activity yet. Congrats to all you mammies - hope all is well with you and your babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I may be in labour....:confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Night owls catch all the action! :) Fri.Day, how are you feeling?

I'm not pregnant but best of luck to all the new mothers here and those about to give birth. I hope you all have a wonderful experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Damn it, i was goin grand having contractions for 4 hours, goin from8 mins apart to just under 3 mins, took 2 panadol and they eased the pain then they've now gone to 10/15 mins apart and not as severe or long.....

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Damn it, i was goin grand having contractions for 4 hours, goin from8 mins apart to just under 3 mins, took 2 panadol and they eased the pain then they've now gone to 10/15 mins apart and not as severe or long.....

Best of luck Fri.Day! You never know they could come back with a vengeance later! I was having regular pains yesterday all day long went down to hospital and nothing-I'm not even a little bit dilated yet! They think it's just braxton hicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

so there are only a few of us still standing :D hope you all meet your babas soon!!
    Everything's going fantastically well here, can't believe little Emma is one month old tomorrow! :eek: one month!! Unreal.
    Anyone else breastfeeding? How's it going for ye? We're doing really well, she's feeding regularly, clockwork-like at night: every three hours. Brilliant stuff, I love the closeness with her that I have through breastfeeding :)
    Fri.Day, hope things kick off for you again, and you get to meet your little one soon!!

Advertisement