Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

grarf wrote: »
    Hmm
    been getting period-pain like cramps, every 15/20 minutes or so, since early this morning. :eek: keeping an eye on it for the moment, could this be it?

Maybe. Time them and see if they get more intense!
    I've lost my plug last week and had a show every day since last Thursday followed by cramping but irregular.I really thought things would happen by now. I'm getting fed up now at 38.3 On my first the plug and waters went at the same time and I was officially in labour with my son being born 26 hours later. Anyone else in similar situation?

Grarf - 3rd Sept -surprise
    joasia1973 - 3rd Sept - girl/surprise
    ;-)Happydayz - 2 boys - Born 16th July
    IPearly- 6 th September- boy
    ;-)Pat McGhee - baby girl/Isabella born 22 August
    Banbhaaifric - 10th Sept - Girl
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise
    Opensesamee 15th Sept - Girl
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.
    lmullen - 22nd September - surprise
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

yeah no change here, still the same as before, cramps every 7-12 minutes. I rang the labour ward just to be on the safe side (doing this for the first time :p clueless!), and the midwife said to not worry at the moment. Ring again when the waters have gone, or the contractions are every 5 minutes and last for about a minute.
    the waiting game continues, then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Good luck grarf. Sounds like it will be you next.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Ooooooh good luck grarf!!! Fingers crossed its the start of something for you :)

I have been getting cramping since Saturday, seems to be a bit stronger each day, noticing a little bit if a pattern today but have not really timed them. Would like to think its something starting but it's prob something and nothing

• Advertisement

Pat McGee's husband/Isabellas proud daddy here - all set to come home tomorrow - can't wait to have them homeas it's a lonely house at night without them here (just me and the dogs) - I've taken to sleeping with her pillow and a used babygrow to get myself to sleep, laughing at that one myself :D

Hope you're all doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

WOW Congrats Pat and Midleton
    3 babies and we`re not into September yet!!!
    :D
    2 weeks to go :eek::eek:
    I`m having period like symptoms lately too but nothing regular, I`d say its braxton hicks.
    Getting closer anyway and I had this very strange noise come from my belly y/day just under my boobs like squelching noise so it maybe the baby moving down or she`s moving my internal bits out of her way...weird.
    Im off thurs so I`m making shed loads of meals for freezing, any suggestions for simple food through them at me!!

September? Nooo :)

Baby Emma Rose born yesterday at 2 am :)
    Unreal, so in love...
    I see there are a few other early arrivals, congrats !! :) amazing stuff.

Unreal, so in love...

Congrats grarf!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Congrats grarf. Hope you are well and not too sore

• Advertisement

Unreal, so in love...

Wow these Sept babies are impatient!!! Huge congrats, hope you are feeling well :)

Little Matthew was born on 30th of august at 5:26 am weighing at 7 lbs 12 oz. We're both doing great after successful vbac. Just a word of advice: take the pain medication if you can't cope and make it easier on yourself!

iPearly wrote: »
    Little Matthew was born on 30th of august at 5:26 am weighing at 7 lbs 12 oz. We're both doing great after successful vbac. Just a word of advice: take the pain medication if you can't cope and make it easier on yourself!

Huge congrats!!!!! Lovely name. Glad you are both doing so well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Grarf and iPearly - Congratulations!!!!

I hope all is going well with everyone and you are getting all the help you need. Are you all settling in to it ok?

Joasia1973 - the pressure is on!!!!! You are up next on the list and with all these early babies you must be getting excited. I'm down for the 10th then, but she shows no sign of turning so it looks like we are all go for the 4th. My husband arrives home on the 3rd in the afternoon so it will be all hands on deck to get the final things ready. The three of us are heading out to the cinema and Nando's that night - our last night as a three person family.

It's weird to have the date so planned.... I'm even getting my hair blow dried on Tuesday so it's easier to manage in the hospital (damn but curly hair tangles!).
    And I got waxed yesterday so I don't have to have the dreaded 'dry shave' before the c-section.

Mind you, I'm sure my husband will quite like it :D And given that I spent his last trip home in hospital, and will be going back into hospital the day after he gets home this time - we have a little 'catching up' to do if you catch my drift :D:D

So I've updated the list below - but we are missing you Fri.day... Hopefully we will have some more additions soon.

Fingers crossed and legs akimbo!!

;-) Grarf - Emma Rose - Born 27th August
    ;-)IPearly- Matthew - Born 30th August
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Oh my god more early arrivals!!!
    Grarf and iPearly - Congratulations to ye both
    Bannbhaaifric you`re so orgainised - it`ll be like xmas knowing who`s arriving the next day!!
    Ive packed my hospital bag only on thurs afternoon cos im thinking ill be 10 days late, Ive 10 days to go now officially!!
    I`ll be working a bit next week just a few hours but dreading it already cos ive quite a bit of discomfort in my lower back, im self employed so have to keep an eye on things right up to the last min so ill try and take 4/6 weeks off after..
    I might post in the pregnancy thread but does anyone know if i could request no visitors when im in hospital?? If i have another c-section i`d really like to breastfeed/sleep/eat only for the entire time im in cos its gonna be hectic when i get home being a single mother to baby and my almost 14month old who`s not walking, ive seperated from hubby who isn`t great at practical help anyway - :o

;-) Grarf - Emma Rose - Born 27th August
    ;-)IPearly- Matthew - Born 30th August
    Fri.Day - Sept 11th - girl
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Fri.Day I'm sure you can request to have no visitors. Maybe let any immediate family no your wishes and then tell the staff and midwives once you're in. You and your baby should be there main concern so keeping you happy is all they should be doing.

I've been signed off work now can hardly walk and my bp is doing its best to get up towards the preclampsia range. On the plus side baby has turned again for the 3rd time so no longer breech. We'll have to see how long s/he stays there for this time. I'd do anything for an early baby now - I'm over being pregnant and I had no bad symptoms or side effects till this week.

Come on the September babies! Congrats ipearly !! :D
    We came home on Friday, and Emma has just slotted into our lives.... She's as good, and the breastfeeding is going well also. I had to get stitches so am a little sore, probably also from the suction cup thing they used to get her out.
    Its some ride! Worth every bit of pain though. :)

11 days to go, can't wait. Feeling awful, sick stomach and horrendous headache as well as cramps, feels like ms all over again :( Lack of sleep is killing me.
    Hope all you mammys to be are keeping well and hope all new mums and sept babies are great :)

McBubbles have you been to the doctor? I'd go and get bp checked just in case there's something going on.

Was nearly sent to hospital yesterday by my GP I'm borderline preclamptic :-( really wanted to avoid it this time around! My legs are the size of tree trunks and get indents in the if any pressure is applied at all. I'm back at the hospital on thursday GP says I should go prepared!

Hope all you new mummies are doing well!

Hi All,

We are all go for tomorrow now.... Hubby is arriving home this afternoon and I am spending the morning tidying up and getting the last few bits and pieces together. I still haven't packed my hospital bag! But I guess I can put away all the things I had prepared for my natural birth (bye bye birthing pool :()

Fri.day - It's tough going home on your own and I'm sure if the hospital know, they'll do everything they can to help. When I was going home with my first they knew I was a single mum and kept me in an extra day just to make sure I was ok with feeding and healing well. And if it's any consolation, everyone I know with more than one child has said that the second is a breeze compared to the first! I know with my first I was terrified she would wake if I put her down so instead of sleeping when she did, I sat there like a stone until she woke up again!! This time I'll be out like a light at every opportunity :) Does your 14 month old still have a nap during the day? It might be a good time for all 3 of you to have a lovely family wooze in the afternoon :) I think you can get a caesarean belt as well which supports the scar in the first few weeks which might be useful if you are having to lift your LO.

lmullen - so glad your baby has turned again - they are bold aren't they! Mine just seems to be loving being upright and has no intention of turning. Mine just constantly has her head popping out and I then spend ages rubbing it so I think she just loves the feeling and wont go anywhere.

Getting a bit nervous about tomorrow now, and it has been bringing back lots of memories of our last little baby girl, so it has been a mixture of joy and sadness I suppose. I just can't wait to have this little girl in my arms.

So right! Gotta go pack my bloody bag!!

Hope all the new mums are happy and well, and the future ones are hanging in there.
    xx

• Advertisement

Wee baby Emma arrived in the very early hours this morning, all 5lb 10oz of her! She is just a little doll, over the moon. Hope everyone is keeping well

Congratulations McBubbles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

Hello Ladies,
    Sophie was born august 26th at 1.15 night. I'm happy now, dealing with breastfeednig now :) All the best

Congratulations Joasia! Beautiful name!

Can't believe all these babies coming early. Would love mine to do the same! Didn't get admitted yesterday still only borderline preclampsia!

Hello all!

Just a quick one to say our little girl arrived as planned on the morning of the 4th at 11.27 weighing 7lbs 1.5 ozs. All went great and we even got to do skin to skin and breastfeed in the OR! Amazing. And after pretty much everyone told us it wouldn't happen.

We are home now and settling in to our new lives. Breastfeeding is going well but I can't wait until my nipples toughen up! Oh lord the pain sometimes... But it will be worth it in the end.

Now all we need is a name......

Hope you are all doing well :). Nearly there eh!

Congratulations Banbhaaifric! Sounds like things couldn't have gone better with the section and feeding etc! The feeding will get less painful - I didn't even notice my first baby latching on after a few weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Quick update.

I was booked for a section today due to baby turning breech at 37 weeks. I was booked into the hospital to get bloods taken the friday before.
    I went into labour myself Friday morning and after less than an hour first stage labour and 6 minute second stage i gave birth naturally to my third little girl. I am delighted to have avoided a c section as i would be unable for the pain and it terrified me, had a great labour experience again even though i was terrified in parts, and thrilled with my beautiful little woman. She was 7lb 11.5oz.

Congratulations Goingdemented! Had your little girl turned again? Thats a very quick labour!
    Enjoy your new little bundle!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

She was still breech Thursday and i went to chiropractor and acupuncturist. In the hospital on Friday they did a scan before they were about to perform an emergency section and she had turned so section was off.
    My second labour was faster than that. It was 22 minutes from 3cm to born. My first was 80 minutes. I cried when i realised i was going fast again. I was hoping for a slower one but it was fine even if i did want to die for the last 15 minutes. I tried to get off the table telling them i had to go. Midwife said 'go where'. I felt awful sorry for myself and cried i was really sorry but i just had to go home now.

• Advertisement

She was still breech Thursday and i went to chiropractor and acupuncturist. In the hospital on Friday they did a scan before they were about to perform an emergency section and she had turned so section was off.
    My second labour was faster than that. It was 22 minutes from 3cm to born. My first was 80 minutes. I cried when i realised i was going fast again. I was hoping for a slower one but it was fine even if i did want to die for the last 15 minutes. I tried to get off the table telling them i had to go. Midwife said 'go where'. I felt awful sorry for myself and cried i was really sorry but i just had to go home now.

Well congratulations going demented and ill swap with you in a heart beat!
    My first was 26 hours and second was 25! Faster purely on technicality. By the time it came to push i couldn't keep my eyes open.
    Enjoy your little one:)

Advertisement