Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Banbhaaifric - 10th Sept - Girl
    Grarf - 3. September -? :)
    Pat McGhee - 6th Sept - girl
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 opensesamee

Grarf - 3. September -?
    McBubbles - 13th Sept - Surprise
    Opensesamee 15th Sept - Girl

Ooh lots of little girls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Grarf - 3. September -?
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭iPearly

clare82 wrote: »
    Grarf - 3. September -?
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl :)
    IPearly- 6 th September- boy

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Grarf - 3. September -?
    Clare82 - 25th Sept - Girl
    lmullen - 22nd September - surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

After 2 weeks of going in and out of hospital, feeling guilty about spending very little time with my eldest and a bad reaction to the painkiller we're now all home and its amazing. I'm the happiest woman on earth. The boys are doing really well and am managing the transition from pumping to breast. Oh girls, you can really look forward to those bundles of joy. They make every thing so worth while.
    I see you are making a list, well my two boys would have been due 4th of September and it will be celebrated as 0 day.
    When are you all finishing up work? Bet you can't wait. It must be gettinh hard for all of you.
    I got a letter of acknowledgement from sw in regards to mb10 about a week after sending it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

Aww happydayz, so glad to hear that you're all home and happy! :D Delighted for you!!
    including today, 10 more days left in work. can. not. wait.
    Baby's being CRAZY active these last few days, day and night :eek: that bodes well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Grarf - 3. September -?
    Chocoholic84 - 26th Sept - surprise

Only 8 weeks left!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Happydayz8, fantastic news that you and the boys are home! I'm so glad everyone's safe and sound :-)

September is really shaping up to be a month for girls! I wonder how many will arrive on d day...

5 weeks from today for me, 2 weeks left in work and I'm struggling. REALLY hoping to get signed off as my bp keeps yoyoing and baby's on the small side. Does anyone know if maternity leave can be brought foreward?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    5 weeks from today for me, 2 weeks left in work and I'm struggling. REALLY hoping to get signed off as my bp keeps yoyoing and baby's on the small side. Does anyone know if maternity leave can be brought foreward?

From Citizens Information:

Under the Maternity Protection (Amendment) Act 2004 at least 2 weeks have to be taken before the end of the week of your baby's expected birth and at least 4 weeks after. You can decide how you would like to take the remaining weeks. Generally, employees take 2 weeks before the birth and the remaining weeks after. If you qualify for Maternity Benefit (see below) at least 2 and no more than 16 weeks must be taken before the end of the week the baby is due.

So looks like you can bring it forward!

• Advertisement

You can bring the maternity leave forward, if your company lets you. I was going to take a week's holidays before, to make it 3 weeks, and the boss said no :( you other ladies will hopefully have more luck :D

Thanks ladies. I'm due to finish 3 weeks before d day, using up my hols plus the standard 2 weeks, but there's a lot of pressure with the job which isn't doing me or the babs any good. I asked if they'd allow me work part time for my last 2 weeks as I have to slow down but I never got an answer. Somehow I doubt they'll let me finish early unless under medical advice. Fingers crossed the hospital sign me off next Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Grarf - 3. September -?
    Going Demented - 16th Sept- Surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I am 33 weeks measuring 4,5 weeks ahead now. Baby is 6lb already. Have had steriods injections a few weeks ago in case of premature birth

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Pat I'd reccomend that you talk to your doc about it at your next visit. Pushing yourself is not doing you or baby a favour and this has to be your priority. Look after yourself.

Going Demented at least with the steroid injection your baby will be ready for the world! 2 of my friends delivered early and had had the steroid injection 1 was only 3 weeks early and she was allowed home after 2 days as normal. The other was 6 weeks early she spent 2 weeks in hospital because she had to develop her sucks reflex but everything else was perfect. Just make sure you take it easy so as not to trigger anything ie. no moving or lifting anything remotely heavy and get your legs up for a rest as much as possible!

Pat you and baby are the most important thing right now I'm sure if you explain your work stresses to your doc they'll sign you off.

I'm 33 weeks today baby has been moving around loads the last few days I just hope he/she hasn't flipped back around to being breach. I've a scan on tuesday to make sure I don't have placenta previa as the placenta was very low at an earlier scan.

I hope everyone enjoys their bank holiday weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Grarf - 3. September -?
    Happydayz - 4th Sept - 2 boys - Born 16th July :)

Is that right happydayz? You've evened up the boys in the list anyway! So glad you and your babies are doing well, and the breastfeeding too. :)

BTW.... anyone doing their kegels...? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Dinkie - 1 September - surprise
    Grarf - 3. September -?
    Happydayz - 4th Sept - 2 boys - Born 16th July

I keep forgetting those kegels. I haven't managed to pee myself yet though :D I've been trying to do them everytime I hear the news on the radio, but keep forgetting.

1 more week at work and then I'm on maternity leave. I can't wait. I'm walking like an auld woman by evening time, and I'm quite sore. My OH had to put on my socks for me this morning, and I can't sleep. Rant over.

Happydayz8, congrats... your so lucky to have the labour over with. I'm starting to dread that now.

I had a midwife appointment on friday, she said the baby has a small head which will make labour easier, but the bump is measuring a week smaller then it should. Not sure how. All I eat at the moment are milkshakes and angel delight as its the only thing I can eat without getting heart burn.

hope all is good with everyone else... and that everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend. Am sitting here with my feet up trying watching tv.

Thanks ladies. I'm due to finish 3 weeks before d day, using up my hols plus the standard 2 weeks, but there's a lot of pressure with the job which isn't doing me or the babs any good. I asked if they'd allow me work part time for my last 2 weeks as I have to slow down but I never got an answer. Somehow I doubt they'll let me finish early unless under medical advice. Fingers crossed the hospital sign me off next Tuesday!

The work has to do what the doctor recommends. Make an appointment to your gp and tell them you find 5 days too hard. She should have no problem writing a letter stating your only able to work 3 -otherwise you're putting yourself and baby at risk. If work doesn't want to adjust immediately to doctor's recommendation they have to put you on health and safety leave for which they have to pay you for first 21 days.

• Advertisement

Well folks, it looks like I could be having an August baby! LO is still measuring small (4lbs, 10oz) she only gained 7oz in the last 2 weeks so they're talking about inducing me at 37 weeks. Eeek!!! I have another trace booked for Friday, and clinic and scan this day week, then they'll decide. I'm 36 weeks this Friday.

I say again, EEEK!!!

On the upside, no more work for 7 months, wihoo!

Are you signed off?

iPearly wrote: »
    Are you signed off?

Yup! Sick leave till my maternity leave starts, though babs could be here before then. :-)

Had a full foetal assessment scan today to rule out placenta previa and it was all good news! Baby is measuring spot on for his/her dates and everything is where it should be!
    Seeing a physio tomorrow about my sciatica and a few other lower back concerns!
    Hope everyone is well!

Yup! Sick leave till my maternity leave starts, though babs could be here before then. :-)

Great! Make sure you rest now -we'll all need every bit of energy when the bundles arrive.

iPearly wrote: »
    Great! Make sure you rest now -we'll all need every bit of energy when the bundles arrive.

Amen to that! 7 months, no work sounds bliss :-) Though the real work starts when babs gets here! Can't believe she could be in my arms in 2 weeeks. She's gonna be so tiny!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Dinkie;85834606]Dinkie - 1 September - surprise
    Grarf - 3. September -?
    Happydayz - 4th Sept - 2 boys - Born 16th July
    Fri.Day - 11th Sept Girl

7 working days left... wrecked. SO ready to be finishing up...
    had the 2nd antenatal class yesterday, and hospital appointment today - all good with the baby, measuring perfectly for 36 weeks, happy out.

Well, had another scan yesterday and while all seems to be going ok with her weight now (small little legs seem to be the cause of the low weight!) - she has now flipped position and is breech!!

I just can't believe it, she has been head down for weeks now and decides to flip at 35 weeks??? We have been happily preparing for a natural birth - my husband has been reading The Birth Partner, and we are going to get a class in massage for labour, but now it looks like it might be a caesarean....

Bit disappointed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Well, had another scan yesterday and while all seems to be going ok with her weight now (small little legs seem to be the cause of the low weight!) - she has now flipped position and is breech!!

I just can't believe it, she has been head down for weeks now and decides to flip at 35 weeks??? We have been happily preparing for a natural birth - my husband has been reading The Birth Partner, and we are going to get a class in massage for labour, but now it looks like it might be a caesarean....

Bit disappointed...

That sucks about her being breech, hopefully she'll flip back for you. Did they give you any advice on trying to get her to move?

Had my hospital check up the other day, the midwife had me freaked out telling me my bump was far to small for 35 weeks, luckily she got a senior midwife to give a second opinion who said I was fine and that baby is a good size, panic over thankfully.

Pat, I hope you are enjoying your time off and minding yourself, very exciting that your little one could be here sooner :)

I'm really looking forward to having my baby in my arms now and slightly selfish of me but I'm looking forward to not being pregnant any more!

Advertisement